GDT: Oilers at Coyotes || Overcoming Tippett's Trappers || 7:30 p.m. MDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Nightmare

Oct 25, 2007
This game is pretty important. The oil have a tough game against the sharks tomorrow and while the Coyotes are beatable, Marleau and Thornton might not be.

Groucho

Tier 1 Fan
Aug 17, 2010
Displaced
Our second line is going to get eaten alive by their second like, yikes.
Or do you think Hanzal and Sullivan will be used to try and shutdown 4/93/14?

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
Have placed a double with oilers win /moneyline and also senators win/moneyline

500$, I know its stupid to include your fav. team with bets! But i have a great feeling tonight and coytes is a team who should suit us fine.

Taylor with 2 goals prv with his first! 2-5

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
4-1 Oil.

Yakupov with 2 G
J.Schultz with 1 G and 2 A
T.Hall with 1G
Ebs with 2 A
Hemsky with 2 A

Last edited:

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Bob Stauffer ‏@Bob_Stauffer
Highly likely that Devan Dubnyk gets the start tonight in Glendale

I'd go with him. In a shortened season we need all the wins we can get. Tougher to win in the 2nd game of a double header especially against a hot Sharks team. Really need to go out and get the W tonight.

Oilception

Oct 11, 2012
St. Albert
I guess that makes sense. Khabby is almost always a sure loss, so best to start him tomorrow against the team we're almost certainly going to lose to.

Actually Stauffer Tweted Khabibulin has pretty good numbers against Phoenix
9-4-1, 1.91 GAA, .931 S%

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
9-4-1, 1.91 GAA, .931 S%

My worry isn't as much with this game as the next one. I think we have a better chance to beat the Yotes than the Sharks, so we should start our better goalie(Dubnyk) in this game.

Oilception

Oct 11, 2012
St. Albert
My worry isn't as much with this game as the next one. I think we have a better chance to beat the Yotes than the Sharks, so we should start our better goalie(Dubnyk) in this game.

I know San Jose will be tough but after the crap kicking they gave us and Dubnyk last game i would mind seeing him and the team go for some redemption

But i would agree this is a much easier win than San Jose

ales83fan

Jul 13, 2007
hope they win today, because they will most likely lose against the Sharks.

Those guys should be saving all their goals for the playoffs! But no.... they just have to be perfect so far in the season.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
I'm guessing we'll see the same line-up as last game, but this is what I'd like to see tried at some point:

Hemsky - RNH - Eberle
Hall - Gagner - Yakupov
Smyth - Horcoff - Petrell
Pajaarvi - Belanger - Hartikainen

Smid - Petry
The Schultz's
Whitney - Potter

Dubnyk

eS7

Dec 22, 2011
Saskatchewan
9-4-1, 1.91 GAA, .931 S%

Gregor has a post on the nation about the goaltending situation. Good read, can't post it now though as I'm on my phone but it addresses this and more.

I'll do my first prediction today!

3-2 Oilers

Belanger, Hemsky, Nuge
Vermette, Doan

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
hope they win today, because they will most likely lose against the Sharks.

Those guys should be saving all their goals for the playoffs! But no.... they just have to be perfect so far in the season.

Edmonton will give San Jose their first loss of the season.

Edmonton upsets San Jose in the first round of the 2013 playoffs.

czar99

Nov 19, 2008
Shultz'z Place
All the Oilers need to do is use a controlled 3 transition style to generate a high number of shots on net and the Yotes will snap like a dry twig. The Yotes wither in the face of high paced non-stop shots on net, thier style is predicated on not allowing a large volume of shots on net, they challenge the shooter early and often looking for takeaways, but short give and gos and a controlled smooth set of zone transitions will overcome their system. Using a two man deep headman tactic to legally pick off the d-man as you charge up the middle at 75% speed and let the second man behind you take the puck past the check upspeed as you exit the neutral zone will dissect the Yotes because they focus on wide neutral zone coverage and are weak down the middle. We will need to focus on keeping a man back deep all night as well because they love to make lighning fast transitions out of the neutral zone straight up the middle via turnovers they generate there, short give and gos combined with a solid two man deep push up the middle exiting the neutral zone and we will dominate this game for 60 mins, one tactic will work for 60 mins, unfortunately for the Yotes they tried to keep Waynes transition tactics but their interpretation has no defensive quality to it at all. Watching the game will result in a post game summary that says something like the Oilers played the Yotes game better then the Yotes did, because if we do as I outlined we will be feeding them their own version of Gretzkys zone tactics supported with a sound defensive framework that our system is based on. If our d-men can sprint up to the blue-line and make a long bomb pass a foot over we will eclipse the sphere of influence of their n-zone game and catch them directly up the middle, but long passes from deep in our zone will be picked off consistantly by their neutral zone focus and intention of lightening transitions from there, we need to keep our middle solid and deny them our belly.

5-2 win Oilers with the 4th line having another great game, it might be time to sit Petrell and bring Lander up to complete the Nordic line, we can pop Belanger up between Smyth and Horcs, this wll allow us to add Landers gritty annoying prsence to the 4th line and give them a chance to showcase what they had cookin in OKC which in my opinion was as sweet as the PP down there, the 2nd line was anchoring that team.

It looks like Hemmer is starting to look for more passes so I expect Yakupov and Gagner to look sharper tonight, it is time for Gagner to focus on letting the puck go more and helping Yakupov out by relieving some of the goal scoring pressure 5 on 5 , I hope to see some nice breakout passes to Yakupov from two feet over our blueine. Sam has a strong close-in game he needs to take four or five possesions straight to the net tonight and draw a few penaltys. If Hemsky uses his traditional o-zone entrylike he should jst 3 or 4 tme per ame, he needs to try going further around the net and then make a long against the grain crossice pass to a d-man taking his exact zone entry path coming in upspeed, it will look beautiful because teams are forced to flood the front middle of the net to defend Hemmers entry, it is a way to ease the pressure on Gagner and Yakupov in the front of the net and up the middle. Plus it looks awsome to catch a collapsed defense with an upspeed d-man coming in full tilt to wrist it home.

Ohh a short one today.:D

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Have placed a double with oilers win /moneyline and also senators win/moneyline

500$, I know its stupid to include your fav. team with bets! But i have a great feeling tonight and coytes is a team who should suit us fine.

Taylor with 2 goals prv with his first! 2-5

betting against the Habs is also risky. One game I would leave out.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
IMO tonight we'll see what a huge difference Justin Schultz can make against a more defensive team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad