Oilers are good at hockey again: Back in the plofs

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I think a lot of Oiler fans are privately thinking that. He wasn't that good last year against Vegas and this year could be round 2.
I have some of that but just remember our defense.

I'm hoping in playoffs we go back to nailing down the zone D and not have Vegas (and LA) slicing through our D with slot shots and cross crease chances.

If we do that Skinner should be fine. Also remember that we were Vegas' toughest opponent according to them. I don't see any strong contenders this year. The cup is right there

Reactions: Video Nasty

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Fun fact: the Oilers have the no.1 win percentage in the league for a full calendar year.

March 5th, 2023-March 4, 2024:

Oilers are no.1, on top of having the no.1 record this year since Nov. 11, 2023.

The whole "achsuaullly they're not even a good team" shit is just painfully stupid. You're not the no.1 team in any sport for a full 365 days practically without at least being "good". I don't care what sport you're looking at, NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL, MLS whatever.

Put the crack pipe down already.

Do they have some roster weaknesses? Sure. That said like that's not something exclusive to only them there are plenty of "contending" teams I can point at and show weakness all over their rosters too.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
As of last night were 4-0 so far this season on the second of back to backs.

We also generally have a better record on back to backs for the entirety of the McDrai era.
Rematch with Pittsburgh off a B2B this Sunday again too. Bring it.

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
this is a fun thread. Oilers lose, some posters come out in droves. The oilers win? Those posters go MIA. I just find it wild the oilers were 20pts behind Vegas for awhile

HFpapi

Mar 6, 2010
Toronto/Amsterdam
It really feels like this has to be the year for the Oil. Everything is clicking and McDrai are at the absolute peak of their powers.

This is their best chance but then I look at the murderers row of teams they likely have to get through (Vegas, Dallas, Colorado) and I just don't know. Having to play a big, heavy team like LA or Vegas in RD1 is a nightmare.

If they don't get it done this year I think it could be hugely demorsalizing and things just fall apart.

Reactions: Czechboy

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Fun fact: the Oilers have the no.1 win percentage in the league for a full calendar year.

March 5th, 2023-March 4, 2024:

Oilers are no.1, on top of having the no.1 record this year since Nov. 11, 2023.

The whole "achsuaullly they're not even a good team" shit is just painfully stupid. You're not the no.1 team in any sport for a full 365 days practically without at least being "good". I don't care what sport you're looking at, NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL, MLS whatever.

Put the crack pipe down already.

Do they have some roster weaknesses? Sure. That said like that's not something exclusive to only them there are plenty of "contending" teams I can point at and show weakness all over their rosters too.
who cares...... why do people always try and take little bits of last year and little bits of this year to make things seem better than they are. like it does not matter at all. last season has nothing to do with this season so this stat is stupid.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Saltcreek

Nov 23, 2016
who cares...... why do people always try and take little bits of last year and little bits of this year to make things seem better than they are. like it does not matter at all. last season has nothing to do with this season so this stat is stupid.

Because doing this only matters when looking at Matthews?

If you do not like it then do not post in an Oilers thread complaining about it.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
36-11-1 since Nov. 11. They are a full on Cup contender.
Just throwing this out there about pointing to mid-late season runs, not saying I don’t think they will be a serious contender

But yea didn’t they finish strong the last two seasons as well? Start weak, finish strong, “we’re one of the best teams”, then some of the old early season problems pop back up in the playoffs

Much of it’s matchups getting hot at the right time

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad