Pre-Game Talk: Oilers and the Bedardless Blackhawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockeylife2018

Nov 21, 2011
Seeing as they just beat the flames, I hope we don't underestimate the competition here

Now having said that....this should be an easy game and time for mcdavid to close the gap in the scoring race, I wanna see PP1 ice time in the third even if we're up 9-1!!!

CROTT

Aug 25, 2007
Edmonton
Yes he was yesterday.

Along with this glorious picture.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Skinny boy going tonight.

The Oilers if the Condors Defense was all Broberg’s
IMG_9572.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
So the Hawks beat the Flames? Big deal... thats like two AHL teams going at it anyways. Oilers are going to stomp them tonight... close to 50 shots. Book it.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Oilers did not play well against Ottawa so we will see. But aside from that the NHL has a real continuing problem on its hands. The Bedardless hawks are such a low draw, just no appeal whatsoever that tickets are being given away. On a Tuesday night in Edmonton with a bit of cold people don't even want to go to the game. Wonder how many empty seats tonight.

Not saying this in isolation. We just played Ottawa, now Chicago. This is like such a nothing homestand draw its silly. Any given year the NHL has half a dozen teams wandering around lost just hoping to be in the next draft lottery. Really playing down the roster to lose. That doesn't make for competition, or entertainment, and theres no way this game and opponent are worth the money. I've seen lots better opponents in the WHA paying 3bucks to attend.

I'll watch the game but I've rarely more tempted to skip one. I think as well kind of disappointin with the scheduling and the Oil play hardly any games and every they're getting in 2024 so far is kind of weaksauce.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
It’s not arrogance it’s a fact. The blackhawks are among the worst team in the NHL and without Bedard…… the Oilers are 15-3 or 16-3 in their last handful of games. Anyone who doesn’t think the Oilers should win this and outplay the Hawks need to shake their head

WITH THAT SAID….. the Hawks could definitely get an upset. It’s still the NHL, anything can happen. I’m just saying I would be surprised if we lose this one.

We have the Hawks, Red Wings, Canadiens, Leafs and Kraken coming up. If we drop one or two of those games I just don’t see it being to the Hawks
Damn, that Krak game is must win.

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
Yes he was yesterday.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They must have plans to have Skinner on the Saturday and Tuesday games with Pickard on Thursdays? Since we pretty much play those same days all month.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Oilers did not play well against Ottawa so we will see. But aside from that the NHL has a real continuing problem on its hands. The Bedardless hawks are such a low draw, just no appeal whatsoever that tickets are being given away. On a Tuesday night in Edmonton with a bit of cold people don't even want to go to the game. Wonder how many empty seats tonight.

Not saying this in isolation. We just played Ottawa, now Chicago. This is like such a nothing homestand draw its silly. Any given year the NHL has half a dozen teams wandering around lost just hoping to be in the next draft lottery. Really playing down the roster to lose. That doesn't make for competition, or entertainment, and theres no way this game and opponent are worth the money. I've seen lots better opponents in the WHA paying 3bucks to attend.

I'll watch the game but I've rarely more tempted to skip one. I think as well kind of disappointin with the scheduling and the Oil play hardly any games and every they're getting in 2024 so far is kind of weaksauce.

I can't believe we have 0 people in Rogers tonight to watch this game.....

Oh right that's because it is in Chicago.

jeffff

Oct 4, 2011

The game is in Chicago.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Yes he was yesterday.

I think it makes sense. Have the 'better' goalie play the game where you should guarantee yourself 2 pts.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I can't believe we have 0 people in Rogers tonight to watch this game.....

Oh right that's because it is in Chicago.
lol. That spells entirely my interest in this sadsack game. Sorry about the mistake. Been kind of a sleepy schedule. I feel sorry for the fans in Chicago then, but they've had lots to cheer for this milennium.

The game is in Chicago.
ooooofffffffppphhh

Reactions: jeffff and bone

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
They must have plans to have Skinner on the Saturday and Tuesday games with Pickard on Thursdays? Since we pretty much play those same days all month.
Or just roll Skinner, because there's alot of time between the games? Who knows.

For all we know, they trade for Mrazek after the game lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad