Pre-Game Talk: Oilers against the Wild

Will it be the 4th win in a row? Or losing part.29 against the wild.

• Streak is still alive

Votes: 18 42.9%
  • Shit the bed as always against the wild

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • I don't like mondays

Votes: 10 23.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BertMcDrai

Middle old guy loving sports
Nov 26, 2018
We have only won 18 games in the last 66 games against the wild....how is this even possible?!

Here are stats from this year only:

Screenshot_20221201_113835.jpg

Last edited:

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Needed a quicker better game yesterday. Really relied on top guys yesterday and with a late flight and back to backs it could get ugly today.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
I said streak still alive but Minnesota always plays us tough and on a back to back with Campbell in net

This isn’t looking good

Rengorlex

Aug 25, 2021
LA and Calgary are playing Arizona and Montreal. Would be nice to win this. Three easy games coming after too.

Reactions: Mav3rick07

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I dont love the fact that McDrai played 27 mins last night on the first game back to back in a game where we were tied or leading the entire time. I know we had injuries, but I dont think thats good coaching by Woodcroft. Unless Campbell steals us one, I'm not expecting much from this game.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I dont love the fact that McDrai played 27 mins last night on the first game back to back in a game where we were tied or leading the entire time. I know we had injuries, but I dont think thats good coaching by Woodcroft. Unless Campbell steals us one, I'm not expecting much from this game.
Stacking that first line like that looked like quite the indication of things to come. Sure would've been nice to be rolling the lines more, but kinda hard when that bottom 6 looks like that.

I guess it is early in the season and they can try replicate that tonight, but it's gonna be tough.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Wild always own us. Wild coming off a 3 day break. Oilers 2nd of a B2B and 3rd in 4. Zero expectation on tonight

Reactions: Sanchez

Harry Curry

Oct 10, 2022
I thought it was odd Woody started the better goal against the weaker team in a set of back to backs. But given how we play the Wild again next Friday, I think I see Woody's logic in playing Campbell tonight. Second game of road back to backs are notorious as scheduled losses.

Woody may be behaving strategically in playing Campbell in a a more likely to lose scenario. Then when the Oilers are fresh on Friday they can come back with Skinner not being fresh in the minds of Wild players.

Reactions: brentashton

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I thought it was odd Woody started the better goal against the weaker team in a set of back to backs. But given how we play the Wild again next Friday, I think I see Woody's logic in playing Campbell tonight. Second game of road back to backs are notorious as scheduled losses.

Woody may be behaving strategically in playing Campbell in a a more likely to lose scenario. Then when the Oilers are fresh on Friday they can come back with Skinner not being fresh in the minds of Wild players.
Maybe thinking it’s better to start the roadie with a win too, keeps spirits positive, as they roll into snowvilleapolis

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Last 4 Oilers wins have all been skin of their teeth 1 goal squeakers.

Last 4 Oilers losses have been all multigoal losses... 3... 3... 2 and 5 goal margins.

So I expect either a squeaker of a win... or a likely blowout loss.

so...

8-0 Oilers

Time to build a f***ing snowman.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Sure fire schedule loss.
Campbell struggling.
Forward depth decimated by injury.
PK a total disaster.
Can’t start on time.
Back to back game.

Therefore I predict a win.
Good point.
I think similiar

It is either due to a relative velocity between them (special relativistic "kinetic" time dilation) or to a difference in gravitational potential between their locations (general relativistic gravitational time dilation). When unspecified, "time dilation" usually refers to the effect due to velocity.

• Haha
Reactions: JordanGalhanth

Mez

Nov 16, 2017

Maybe thinking it’s better to start the roadie with a win too, keeps spirits positive, as they roll into snowvilleapolis

Campbell had a better winning record so none of that makes sense. Also im sure Woody doesn't have a loser mentality about games against the Wild. If Skinner played the way he did last night against the Wild it would have been an easy loss. So far he has made the right call.

Reactions: brentashton

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad