Post-Game Talk: Oilers 6, Canadiens 2

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I wonder if they'll be forcing them into the same sentence when matthews is asking for mcdavid like money, at that point I bet they wont think they are comparable.

Who knows the media loves them. I feel like idiots like Kypreos and those talking heads drove up Drai's price.

Let's see if they do the same with their bosses team.

Reactions: Aerchon

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Great game.

Think Walker had some terrible moments. Davidson looked good.

LB not overly busy but made all the saves he should and then some. One of those games that made me look stupid for wanting him gone and I'm happy for it.

Everyone else good to great. Hope they can repeat tomorrow.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
The Lucic-McDavid-Puljujarvi line were absolutely dominant tonight. Lucic's best game as an Oiler, and that line was unlucky not to have scored 5 goals themselves tonight. Too bad that Jesse crossbar didn't go in, that was a hell of a shot.

I was always a fan of Khaira's potential, but I could have never predicted that he would be playing this well at the NHL level. I always thought his upside was a very good 4th liner, but he's starting to look like a very good 3rd liner that you could move up in the lineup if you needed to.

Davidson looked good as well. Steady defensively, and made some solid offensive plays. He's a huge upgrade on Gryba.

Reactions: Oilers Propagandist

Zguy370

Dec 25, 2007
Was at the game, enjoyed it Immensely. They really played a good game, the effort was there from everyone, for a few miscues. LB wasn't overly worked but made some nice saves when needed. Gotta mention that they send Shaw on looking to engage in a fight to give them some spark, and Nurse was a beauty, clearly won it. The 1st line was great., Connor was clearly slashed on his hand by 41 right in front of me, guess what?? nada! Jesse had an awesome game, the kid is so big, strong and talented, still don't get why he was not given any PP time., again? Letestu was probably the worst player, really don't understand the game plan with him, drive up his trade value, but he ain't doing much? They showed Gretzky and Nicholson on the JumboTron for several seconds and they got a very nice cheer.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Unfortunately didn't get to watch the game as I was at my works christmas party.

How was Davidson?
How was Walker?
And how was LB?

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Unfortunately didn't get to watch the game as I was at my works christmas party.

How was Davidson?
How was Walker?
And how was LB?
Davidson was good and blows Gryba out of the water.

Walker made a couple nice plays, he's very fast. He had three or four bad giveaways though.

LB was good. Not much of a chance on either goal.

Reactions: LaGu

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Inserting Davidson and Walker into the lineup automatically made the team faster and added some good compete factor. Turnovers are a still one of many problems this team faces, but overall it was a solid road win. The effort was there, LB, while he wasn't called upon to make a ton of saves, he did what was required of him tonight. Onto a tough Toronto team tomorrow. As long as they play hard, this team really has a chance. It's just a shame they didn't wake the hell up sooner. Why it took them this long is beyond me as they've dug themselves a huge hole.

KingKhron

Sep 8, 2008
Let alone a wild own goal unlike many others you’ll ever see. We could be playing to get to .500 tomorrow against that same team. Not many more vocal anti-Lucic people than me but he’s been looking quite a bit better for some time and tonight was one of the best games I’ve seen him play hands down. JP starting to discover to shoot and when he starts learning to have his stick ready to the puck that will find him, he will score in bunches. Him and Yamamoto make me fill good about some of those cheaper contracts we will have to fill spots. Just hope they take a bit of a risk on him that they didn’t with Drai and Nurse and are going to now pay(are paying seriously dollars) when other teams took leaps of faith and extended their players after the second year and have them on just ridiculously good contracts.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
When Drai is at center he seems to play well with big bodied guys like Lucic and Khaira. If Khaira keeps it up he could very well replace Maroon.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Inserting Davidson and Walker into the lineup automatically made the team faster and added some good compete factor. Turnovers are a still one of many problems this team faces, but overall it was a solid road win. The effort was there, LB, while he wasn't called upon to make a ton of saves, he did what was required of him tonight. Onto a tough Toronto team tomorrow. As long as they play hard, this team really has a chance. It's just a shame they didn't wake the hell up sooner. Why it took them this long is beyond me as they've dug themselves a huge hole.

Walker did inject some speed but he also has issues managing the puck.
Its pretty tough to suggest that he brings more to the lineup than a player like Caggiula.

Davidson on the other hand is an ideal 3rd pairing dman IMO.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
While it's nice to win decisively, this team is way too inconsistent to believe in at the moment. Every time they win you ask why do they not always play like that? This is especially true of not being able to beat the lesser teams.

Reactions: Oilers Propagandist

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
When the boys play like this it's not a win u ration of if we win I need then
IMG_1017.JPG

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Great game. Bottom 6 seem to elevate their game now that there's a bit of competition for their spots.

Keep Puljujarvi with McDavid. There were glimmers of chemistry throughout the game. They just need to let it develop organically.

Davidson is the stable 3rd pairing guy we've been lacking all year. I hope Gryba doesn't play another game this year.

Strome and Lucic had great games as well.

Hopefully this gives LB the confidence he's been lacking moving forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad