Post-Game Talk: Oilers 4 Stars 0 - Miller Time!?

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Any game where the other team wants to fight our stars is a good game. We have been shat on too long.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Already posted this but wanted to ask: who would be against having Miller on the roster next year? Seems like a perfect fit for a secondary scorer that can play mainly 3rd line minutes

I'd be very against it, he's not good enough, you have to be happy for his success, but lets not draw too much from a couple of games. I see him as a clearly inferior version of Arcobello, who is hands down better both offensively and defensively and is more physical and is more versatile in being able to play wing or center. Miller is a stretch at even being a 14th forward, there are players who pass through waivers every year who are better then him, he's got some work ahead of him and till he puts in a truly dominate AHL year stats wise a player of his stature shouldn't be getting a long look.

OiledUp

Sep 17, 2011
And in those four wins, they scored 4 goals in 3 wins and 5 in the other. Nice to see the team finding offense.

You do know this isn't an offensive team? Eakins said this multiple times. It must be true. At least until you get competent coaching.

OiledUp

Sep 17, 2011
I'd be very against it, he's not good enough, you have to be happy for his success, but lets not draw too much from a couple of games. I see him as a clearly inferior version of Arcobello, who is hands down better both offensively and defensively and is more physical and is more versatile in being able to play wing or center. Miller is a stretch at even being a 14th forward, there are players who pass through waivers every year who are better then him, he's got some work ahead of him and till he puts in a truly dominate AHL year stats wise a player of his stature shouldn't be getting a long look.

I wouldn't say he's clearly inferior. He has the skating over Arco which is huge for a tiny player. He's worse defensively and physically but just having the extra speed over Arco gives him another dimension offensively. He has proven nothing yet but so far so good I'd say. It would be bad if he was the main option for a top 9 spot but he's shown he could be in contention. He has the feet to keep up, even with a guy like Hall on his line and the smartness to create plays, while not being stellar in his own end he backchecks hard and tries to be active in his own end. That's a good start.
If he keeps playing well in the NHL that imo warrants a longer look a lot more than playing well in the AHL does. He'll play out this year+AHL playoffs and then it's just wait and see until training camp.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Already posted this but wanted to ask: who would be against having Miller on the roster next year? Seems like a perfect fit for a secondary scorer that can play mainly 3rd line minutes

The problem there is that's all he can likely ever be, a 3rd line scoring option, not a top 6er.

He perfect depth, a guy that can step in without missing a beat when injuries occur. But he shouldn't be on the one of this teams top 12 forwards.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
People can cheer what they want. These late season wins aren't positive. They further entrench the notion that MacTavish doesn't have to make major changes to the roster. I personally don't give a crap about meaningless wins - I want to see my team make the playoffs and without big changes they'll be a dumpster fire again.

The one major change that he might have been much more inclined to make if the team did not win these games is the coach. These wins are making it tougher for MacT to justify his love for Eakins and that style of coach.

So long as MacT is running the show I don't want him trading away guys like Yakupov for filler. He might not see the need for better defense but I prefer that ti him trading the top pick for the next Nikitin.

blupye*

Jul 6, 2011
Nova Scotia
o45RlCe.jpg

There should be a petition going to eliminate his name from The Oxford Dictionary. He set us back 2 years the POS. Watch MacT re-hire him in the offseason

blupye*

Jul 6, 2011
Nova Scotia
Couple of things to say here.

Missed seeing this post in the GDT cuz I was out, but don't ever be sorry for posting GDT tunes, mate!

Also, **** man, what a game to miss. I only caught the 3rd period, but man, I guess that was the period to catch. Wow, that was fun. **** McEichel, man, I'm loving actually cheering for games. I hope we win every game left in the season. It's just lovely to see this team compete. Hall beasting it up, Pouliot playing fantastic, Miller goes all superman on the penalty shot, Bachman looks like the anti-Scrivens, re-sign Roy ***damnit! And what do we have to do to get a Nelson chant in the arena?

:yo::yo::yo:

There is what I want people to do. Re-Sign Nelson chant. MacT will look like a fool if he gets another coach. If you could get a section chanting Re-Sign Nelson, it would take off. Especially if everyone was drunk. We can pick up Dmen with the picks we have.

rosemount289

Feb 12, 2008
In some ways this....................???

There should be a petition going to eliminate his name from The Oxford Dictionary. He set us back 2 years the POS. Watch MacT re-hire him in the offseason

This season might be a blessing in disguise because the low standing gives us a top draft pick..........whether it is McEichel or Hanifan or Strome or Marner.

I see us similar to the New York Islanders of this past season............they got two defensemen in Leddy and Boychuk and a starting goaltender in Halyk at the start of the season and they are near the top and making the playoffs.

The Oilers have similar forwards and if they can add two defensemen and a starting goaltender we could be in for an exciting next season.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
What a great and entertaining game to watch. Hall was the first star of this game. At the beginning of the game I was thinking how this team has finally turned a corner. Reason being, players are finally finding a role for themselves. Top line scoring is on fire with Nuge, Ebs and Poo. Second line can be dangerous and opponents can't take them lightly. I like Purcell with Yak and Roy. Mainly b/c I love Hall on the third line. This is the biggest difference. Hall looks to have found his role on this team. Now we will see him become the player we've needed all along. He'll carry an inferior line and make them successful, not only on the score sheet, but in other ways as well. Now he becomes our captain and leader. I loved the hit against Benn and the little scrum. He's sticking up for his team. Teams can no longer expect to play the Oilers and push them around and get an easy 2 points. That's what happened yesterday.

Always glad to see the wins, especially good character wins like last night (just wish the garbage teams like the leafs would stop losing on purpose). Fix the D a bit in the summer and get a more consistent goaltender and this team can make some noise. We're not that far away. Management needs to show commitment to the majority of this team. Show them they ALL belong, not just 5 players. Act like a team, not a bunch of individuals.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
What a great and entertaining game to watch. Hall was the first star of this game. At the beginning of the game I was thinking how this team has finally turned a corner. Reason being, players are finally finding a role for themselves. Top line scoring is on fire with Nuge, Ebs and Poo. Second line can be dangerous and opponents can't take them lightly. I like Purcell with Yak and Roy. Mainly b/c I love Hall on the third line. This is the biggest difference. Hall looks to have found his role on this team. Now we will see him become the player we've needed all along. He'll carry an inferior line and make them successful, not only on the score sheet, but in other ways as well. Now he becomes our captain and leader. I loved the hit against Benn and the little scrum. He's sticking up for his team. Teams can no longer expect to play the Oilers and push them around and get an easy 2 points. That's what happened yesterday.

Always glad to see the wins, especially good character wins like last night (just wish the garbage teams like the leafs would stop losing on purpose). Fix the D a bit in the summer and get a more consistent goaltender and this team can make some noise. We're not that far away. Management needs to show commitment to the majority of this team. Show them they ALL belong, not just 5 players. Act like a team, not a bunch of individuals.

Great post. The only thing dampening my excitement for the future is the fact that the idiots who caused this massive playoff drought are still in charge.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
This season might be a blessing in disguise because the low standing gives us a top draft pick..........whether it is McEichel or Hanifan or Strome or Marner.

I see us similar to the New York Islanders of this past season............they got two defensemen in Leddy and Boychuk and a starting goaltender in Halyk at the start of the season and they are near the top and making the playoffs.

The Oilers have similar forwards and if they can add two defensemen and a starting goaltender we could be in for an exciting next season.

Easier said than done unfortunately.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Oh and I also don't feel we need McEichel to be competitive. He'd be great to have, don't get me wrong, but we don't need either of them. Other teams need them much more than we do. Wherever we draft, we'll still end up with a great player and this team will get better. The way things will end up is that we'll play really well and win the lottery anyways. We will win the lottery...we will win the lottery. Positive thinking from all the in game wins to the lottery win! Keep up ALL the winning boys!

488fitter

May 25, 2010
Edmonton
Yak with 17 points in 21 games now. That alone should earn both Nelson and Roy another year. We need this kid to succeed.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Benn..:laugh: always knew he was a p.o.s., but now he shows he's a ****ing pansy.
I think he better take up another sport, ..like knitting.

MikeModano9

Oct 27, 2011
Tallahassee
Benn is a great player and from what I understand is a great contributor to the Dallas community.

Lol what are you talking about?! Benn IS a cheap pos out there who whines and gets rattled very easily. Yes he's probably one of if not the best LW in the game and does a lot for the Dallas community but that doesn't change the player on the ice.

Last edited by a moderator:

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
Benn is a great player and from what I understand is a great contributor to the Dallas community.

Holy carp dude! This is not real life it's a bunch of pretend people saying whatever. You actually think a comment against Benn has anything actually to do with Benn?
Benn sucks
Seguin sucks
Horcoff suck
Hemsky sucks

Every player from every non oiler team SUCKS
sometimes even some of the Oilers suck
you suck
I suck

Not reality all pretend

Mr Forever

The Oilers :(
Nov 18, 2010
COLLEGE

Settle down. Being a whiner on the ice and being a cool dude in the community aren't mutually exclusive things. You can be a great person and skilled hockey player but still be a whiner, which he is.

hmminvisiblecola1279

there are kids in it
Jul 9, 2002
no thanks
Visit site
Holy carp dude! This is not real life it's a bunch of pretend people saying whatever. You actually think a comment against Benn has anything actually to do with Benn?
Benn sucks
Seguin sucks
Horcoff suck
Hemsky sucks

Every player from every non oiler team SUCKS
sometimes even some of the Oilers suck
you suck
I suck

Not reality all pretend
No you are right MacT sucks, the Oilers suck, you suck...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad