Post-Game Talk: Oilers 4 Habs 3 McDavid is the hero we need. Drai not bad either

Sprague Cleghorn

User Registered
Aug 14, 2013
Edmonton, KY
Awesome! I tuned in just at the right time (right after the Oilers made it 3-2). Hall shouldve scored on that empty-net instead of letting up and handed minuses all around for the Habs. :laugh:

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
3rd Period Summary

6:15
Brandon Davidson (1)
Assists: Darnell Nurse, Connor McDavid

10:43
Benoit Pouliot (3)
Assists: Connor McDavid, Nail Yakupov

18:58
Leon Draisaitl (2)
Assist: Ryan Nugent-Hopkins

Great comeback!

Ragss

Jul 5, 2007
Wow. I turned it off after Montreal's third goal...glad I came back for the third. That McDavid kid is sublime.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
A lot of crow to be served after some of the 1st intermission comments.

Nurse and Draisaitl showing that they belong on the NHL roster longer than a cup of coffee. In particular, Nurse is a breath of fresh air on defensive battles and breaking the puck out of the defensive zone.

McDavid line dominated that latter half of the game. The RNH line provided half the goals and the game winner. RNH stepped up in the 3rd period.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
McDavid, Draisaitl, Hall, RNH, Yakupov, Pouliot, Nurse, Klefbom all on the scoresheet.

Purcell still puts out a -2. :laugh:

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
I know the board was melting down in the first but real talk we were the better team in this game for 55/60 minutes.

In the 5 we weren't the habs scored 3 goals.

yeah....when we score we're good. as to be expected.

our 3rd line was much better without lander at the end there.....maybe that was just a shift or two.....but we need to fix that line quick.

I'm soooooooooo glad we..."we"....didn't fold.....that 1st period was sad even if there were a few good shifts.

Dimensha

Jul 14, 2010
Im pretty disapointed in myself for not realizing that I didn't have to listen to the Habs play by play all game. Who knew they air both?

Oilception

Oct 11, 2012
St. Albert
Did they take the second assist away from Hall on the last goal? They announced it in building and i got a point for it in my fantasy league but then they took it away :(

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
And Nurse was a beast tonight. He stays for the rest of the season if he keeps playing this well. You could see his confidence start to swell halfway through the Wild game and he has taken off from there. I think the Oilers need him on the blueline, he's much better than the other options if he keeps this level of play up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad