Post-Game Talk: Oilers 4 Habs 3 McDavid is the hero we need. Drai not bad either

McDynasty

Nov 11, 2013
celebration-gif-89-16243-hd-wallpapers.gif

Nuff said

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
After the first two periods I would have said no one outside of McDavid was good enough. Still lots, lots of poor play by vets and young players alike but McDavid pulled this squad kicking and screaming to the tie, and then Nuge with the nice play for Draisaitl's finish.

Victory over the best team in the NHL at the moment. Nice.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
I know the board was melting down in the first but real talk we were the better team in this game for 55/60 minutes.

In the 5 we weren't the habs scored 3 goals.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Don't forget Davidsson in the excitement over McD/Drai/Nurse. No major misstakes and at least 3 good shot attempts, one of which he scored on. Good game.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Calling up Drai and Nurse was a good idea. They should stay here. Send Davidson, Ference and Fayne away

RCee

Oilers Anointed One
Apr 22, 2015
Heaven sent
Wow.... they did it!!! They ACTUALLY did it!! This win is HUGE HUGE boost to the teams confidence. Unbelievable 3rd period. McJesus working his miracles again.

Keep 67-97-10 together, don't change a thing.

Oilers93

Apr 27, 2012
Edmonton
Anyone else think it could be possible we end up kinda like Ottawa last year where once they decided to rely on their youth instead of their vets they massively improved?

Very small sample size, but the play of Draisaitl and Nurse has really impressed me so far I hope they keep it up and can stay over MacT leftovers like Purcell and Ference.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad