Post-Game Talk: Oilers 3, Canucks 2: Hang in there, baby!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
why does this team have to make everything so ****ing difficult

Because we're the Frank Grimes of NHL man...

Yup, that's the goal tomorrow. Lose and don't let McDavid get 2 points.

I have no issue letting McD score a million points on this team. We need all the embarrassments we can get to drive ticket sales into oblivion and to expose the frauds that are Willie Benning and Linden.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
3JlULbS.jpg

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
We maintain our top-five security. Edmonton remains in the race for the Pacific Division (and a ****ing playoff date with Calgary).

Good night

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Calgary????

I wonder what will Tkachuk do to **** everyone off lol

If Anaheim loses in regulation, and Edmonton wins in regulation or overtime, it's a Battle of Alberta in round one. Any points gained by Anaheim or lost by Edmonton means it's Edmonton - San Jose.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
If Anaheim loses in regulation, and Edmonton wins in regulation or overtime, it's a Battle of Alberta in round one. Any points gained by Anaheim or lost by Edmonton means it's Edmonton - San Jose.

I wanna see Tkachuk troll his opponents in playoff.

BloatedGuppy

Jun 29, 2007
Vancouver
Boeser scored and we lost. Perfect evening.

It probably goes without saying, but I'm pretty into Boeser's game so far. The shot has come as advertised but he's got some pretty good vision and made a couple of nice saucer passes tonight.

It also goes without saying, but Goldobin needs to get stronger on the puck. He doesn't need to have "grit and balls", that's not his game, but the guy does need to occasionally win puck battles if he wants to be able to reliably generate offense.

Megna is pretty fast and can't fault the guy's work ethic. We should find a way to get this guy some more ice time. See if he can rise to the occasion.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Apparently Edmonton's entire top-six forward group has played every game this season? You won't get it better than that.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013

It probably goes without saying, but I'm pretty into Boeser's game so far. The shot has come as advertised but he's got some pretty good vision and made a couple of nice saucer passes tonight.

It also goes without saying, but Goldobin needs to get stronger on the puck. He doesn't need to have "grit and balls", that's not his game, but the guy does need to occasionally win puck battles if he wants to be able to reliably generate offense.

Megna is pretty fast and can't fault the guy's work ethic. We should find a way to get this guy some more ice time. See if he can rise to the occasion.

I chuckled

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby

Work ethic doesn't mean anything if it does not translate - could either be points, goals, leadership, defensive contributions...etc. Megna is below average to downright terrible at almost every category.

Willie gave him AMPLE chance to prove himself and he's failed consistently.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
Just watched Willie's presser on Facebook.

He says that Boesner needs to work on his quickness over the summer, but said he scored some real goal scorer goals lately.

Said he has thought about his own future, liked the advance of the youth, but said he was still disappointed in how the season went. Sounded like he was trying to criticize the vets without saying it, damning by lack of praise.

Miller's choice on the start, but good chance we see Bachman tomorrow though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad