Post-Game Talk: Oilers 3, Canucks 2: Hang in there, baby!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016
I think at least one of nj/ari win tomorrow and we lose reg setting up a relatively relaxed Sunday.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Ideally, both of Arizona and New Jersey win beforehand, and we lose, clinching 29th and top-five security. We're not out of the woods yet.

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
Boy does it ever grind my gears to have to root for the Oilers.

I guess that, so long as we keep McDavid off the scoreboard, I'll be kind of happy. But I guess we'll see just how much Gretzky the boy has in him, because back in the day, whenever Gretzky was within spitting distance (or even two or three spits of distance) of a milestone... and playing the Canucks... he'd score whatever number of goals and/or assists it took to reach his goal.

3-1 Oilers
McDavid hits 100... Goblin scores for the Canucks.

hellstick

Nov 2, 2006
Abbotsford
I want the Canucks to lose tonight and the Devils and Coyotes to win. That will set up the biggest must win game of the season on Sunday.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Im going to the game tonight with family visiting Vancity. Ill give a report on the game afterwords as i wont during the game guys :)

Anyways predicitng Edmonton wins 4-1 our goal by Brock Boeser

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Doesn't bother me in the least. This isn't about the Oilers, it's about us and what will make this garbage team watchable someday. The opposition doesn't even factor in the slightest for me.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
At least the game will be entertaining. The Oilers have been full value for entertainment this year, and it'll be fun to watch them in the post-season.

Any updates on Baertschi? He left the Arizona game early.

Hope to see lots of goals tonight.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
I would like to see us get stomped by a touch down.

This kind of beat down would be the perfect exclamation mark to this season.

And then again tomorrow because 2 exclamation marks are better than 1!!

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
#FIREWILLIE

I'll be downtown tonight but I want this to be Willie's farewell to Vancouver with a massive FIRE WILLIE chant in Rogers Arena.

DerpMorg

10 Year Tire Fire
Feb 1, 2012
Ft. McMurray
Yea, we flew out to Vancouver for the weekend for the game. Based on what I know, and am hearing, there's going to be a lot of us Oilers fans at the game.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Yea, we flew out to Vancouver for the weekend for the game. Based on what I know, and am hearing, there's going to be a lot of us Oilers fans on the game.

Perhaps you can help us out with a "Fire Benning" chant. We would be grateful.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Man, I hate wanting an Oilers victory - even in this situation....

Time to clean house....dump Finn as well.

You know, you might be on to something....since the McCaws and Orca Bay Sports and Entertainment left town, I've been wondering about the 'whale theme' myself.

Nothing against Orcas, a magnificent marine mammal, but what the heck does it have to do with "Johnny Canuck"?....would love that lumberjack logo....change is good, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad