Post-Game Talk: Oilers 3, Canucks 2: Hang in there, baby!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Wild and Islanders did us no favors today, which is too bad because I wanted to root hard for the Canucks tomorrow.

Well a 19-18 regulation loss with all our points coming from the kids would be grand too I guess.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Did Sutter leave the ice in the last 5 min? Makes me wanna puke watching him that long.

04d329529468cd875def045bbbdfb463.gif

Yggdrasil

Oct 30, 2015
so...

edler stetcher
hutton tryamkin
??? gudbranson

dont want sibsa here, his cap especially.

im thinking joulevi, would be perfect with stay at home gudbranson.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Work ethic doesn't mean anything if it does not translate - could either be points, goals, leadership, defensive contributions...etc. Megna is below average to downright terrible at almost every category.

Willie gave him AMPLE chance to prove himself and he's failed consistently.
Sarcasm

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
so...

edler stetcher
hutton tryamkin
??? gudbranson

dont want sibsa here, his cap especially.

im thinking joulevi, would be perfect with stay at home gudbranson.

Gudbranson needs someone who can carry him. I don't know if a rookie is the right guy for that.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Guys i was actually AT the game i will give my observations later :)

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
And what the hell.

That Stecher versus Lucic play was our season in a nutshell right there. New prize player, one of the very, very few things worth watching about this team this season...and he was not only shoved aside by Lucic but smacked in the face for good measure. Oilers scored, nobody even looked harshly at Lucic, game over at that point.

Horvat, Stecher, Tryamkin, Boeser...and that's it. Those are the players I want the Canucks to keep moving forward. That's all. Fire everyone else into the sun for all I care. Include everyone involved with running the team.

Oh, and during the 2nd period intermission I heard Friedman saying the Canucks had extended the contracts of all their scouts by another three years. What amazing stupidity. You think you've heard it all but then...

Burn it to the ground.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I was there and really enjoyed the game it was quiet entertaining to have all the oilers fans there. The guy besides me has season tickets and said actually the oilers fans arent bad at all and that ten years of missing the playoffs has kind of made them not jerks. He said by far the worst fans in order are Toronto Calgary and LA fans. Never would of thought that lol

Anyways Horvat was by far the most electrifying player for us. Just about every time he was on the ice he had the crowd gasping it was really neat. For me thought he had a better game then Mcdavid. And that fight my god was a total suprise how well he did. I havent looked thru this thread to see what you guys thought but i thought he won and the canucks fans went crazy after and the oiler fans went silent haha

Boeser you didnt always notice him but he seems to find ways to always get open or be in a spot to get a good chance. He also back checked pretty well i thought

Goldy wasnt used enough considering he was never a danger defensively. Hes very good stick handler and was frustrating to see him only a couple a times. Esp when Horvat was in the box for fighting and we had a PP so we really had like no options but Goldy was never used wtf willie

Edler looked like a disaster out there and was frightning every time the puck was near him. He was like the anti Horvat

Trammer needs to get meaner. Some oiler player was attacking Hutton at one point and he stood and watched. Kinda frustating

Anyways even tho Im for the tank i just couldnt cheer at the game for the oilers even tho deep down was happy for the loss :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad