Value of: Oilers 2018 1st

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I would do Faulk and Skinner for 1st and Yamamoto. Or 1st, Klef, Pulj, 2019 1st, strome, kassian for Karlsson and Hoffman
Some salary has to go back in such a trade. Plus I think you value Faulk a bit more than the rest of us, at least these days. Too much coming from Edmonton.
Ottawa can do better for Hoffman and Karlsson. Way better.

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
Why do some fans still think Faulk has any value.
He has declined each of the last 3 yrs.
CAR can keep him with that contract.
He is a 3rd pairing dman that can play PP that is it.
Want nothing to do with him.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Why do some fans still think Faulk has any value.
He has declined each of the last 3 yrs.
CAR can keep him with that contract.
He is a 3rd pairing dman that can play PP that is it.
Want nothing to do with him.

You need to start watching hockey before you make idiotic comments like this.

Do you trade that pick for him, no. If PC walks into the brasses office and suggests anything of the sort you fire him as the words come out of his mouth. You take that pick and add Bouchard, Dobson or whoever is the best available D at that pick. Most should make it into the NHL in a year.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
You need to start watching hockey before you make idiotic comments like this.

Do you trade that pick for him, no. If PC walks into the brasses office and suggests anything of the sort you fire him as the words come out of his mouth. You take that pick and add Bouchard, Dobson or whoever is the best available D at that pick. Most should make it into the NHL in a year.

Ugh. The oilers need help now, not in 2 years from now. It's not rushing a move, it's winning right now when you have the best player in the world.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
Ugh. The oilers need help now, not in 2 years from now. It's not rushing a move, it's winning right now when you have the best player in the world.
When was the last time a team traded a top 10 pick and won the trade? It barely works in the favor of the team that traded the pick. Instead of trying to win now, we should be focused on building a team that could compete for the cup for multiple seasons, not a team that is going to need a retool in a couple of seasons after this trade.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
When was the last time a team traded a top 10 pick and won the trade? It barely works in the favor of the team that traded the pick. Instead of trying to win now, we should be focused on building a team that could compete for the cup for multiple seasons, not a team that is going to need a retool in a couple of seasons after this trade.

Stepan, Ryan, Schneider, Staal, Carter, Kessel since 2009 were the last top 10 picks traded before draft floor.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
And how has drafting the entire team worked for you? Not trying to bash, I’m just saying it’s not working. You need to trade the pick

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
They have the best player in the world for the next 8 years. Surrounding him with cheap talented players on their ELC's and RFA years will be very important.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
And how has drafting the entire team worked for you? Not trying to bash, I’m just saying it’s not working. You need to trade the pick
The Oilers traded their pick for Griffin in 2015 instead of selecting Eriksson Ek. The Oilers have made good picks in 1st round aside from Yakupov so I would rather have them use the pick.

I would only trade the pick for a young top 4 D signed long term, which aren't available.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Chia will most likely trade the pick for D help immediately if we fall out of the top 7 or 8. What would you give up for the pick or propose a package? (From 7 to 10 range)
I maybe be in the minority but I don't think the Oilers top-6 D is the problem.
The lack of team defense and down low support is a much bigger problem.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

oilers84

Jun 24, 2009
they will wait to see where they draft and if they can get a rh rd that can run the pp then they will trade it but it need to be someone that is eather in there prime or just about to be they arent going to trade it for a guy that is just going to decline in the next few years
theyd want some one like karlsson or hedman or carlson or doughty all those guys still have lots of years left to play and can do extaly what they need
as for addressing the scoring winger and back up id be looking at guys like panarin, neal, domi i think he'd do well wither either mcdavid or drai and for back up id look at jarry, hutton, saros

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Yet another reason why Chiarelli should be fired. They can't even trade their best trade chips (1st 2018, puljujarvi, yamamoto etc) because he ****ed up their cap so badly.

If he didn't make all those dumb moves he could have landed a top pairing D with those high end assets and cap space.

Now he cant move them because he needs to plug in holes with cheap cost effective options, and no one is going to trade a top pairing D for anything else available on their roster.

Yeah, they really need those ELC's contributing on their roster.

They can't be a 3 man team without quality depth.
McDavid, as we see pushes the fans here to compete idea, yes they have McDavid, but he's still just 21y. They should build the u25/prospect pool properly and give chance for potential longterm contender, it takes some time but rather build properly than try to go all in with a roster like that. That road ends nowhere good.

Connor

Aug 17, 2015
Oilers need to move salary to add a dman. They also need cheap, valuable contracts hence I disagree that the Oilers are likely to trade the pick for a defenceman.

Reactions: TrentonF

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Oilers need to move salary to add a dman. They also need cheap, valuable contracts hence I disagree that the Oilers are likely to trade the pick for a defenceman.

Agreed. Whatever trade Edmonton makes with the 1st they will send salary along as well.

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
Why are the Oilers going to trade their only chance at an NHL player in this draft? History says they don’t get jack S after the first 7 picks of the draft.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Why are the Oilers going to trade their only chance at an NHL player in this draft? History says they don’t get jack S after the first 7 picks of the draft.

Bear , Khaira , Jones , Benson Klefbom and Yamamoto would like to say hi .

TS Quint

Sep 8, 2012
Bear , Khaira , Jones , Benson Klefbom and Yamamoto would like to say hi .
I give you Klefbom and good for you reaching all the way back to 2011. But if you think anyone outside of you poor Oiler fans is impressed by Bear, Jones and Khaira you have another thing coming.

Yamamoto, sure everyone is excited for their year 1 1st rounders. Just like you were for Paajarvi.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I give you Klefbom and good for you reaching all the way back to 2011. But if you think anyone outside of you poor Oiler fans who is impressed by Bear, Jones and Khaira you have another thing coming.

Yamamoto, sure everyone is excited for their year 1 1st rounders. Just like you were for Paajarvi.
You are now twisting what you said . You said Jack s*** outside of the top 7 . I provide prospects that have shown up side and some have played in the NHL so they aren't Jack S . The might only be depth players but lets not change the criteria

TS Quint

Sep 8, 2012
You are now twisting what you said . You said Jack s*** outside of the top 7 . I provide prospects that have shown up side and some have played in the NHL so they aren't Jack S . The might only be depth players but lets not change the criteria
Ok you can add Khaira as the other one that has amounted to above Jack S. But the pick had more value before the Oilers used it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad