Post-Game Talk: Oilers 2 Vancouver 0 Dadbot with the SO

Status
Not open for further replies.

SomeDudeOTI

Feb 25, 2014
Behind enemy lines
.... I hope so....

Sometimes that dude looks like he's wound up so tight he's going to... I don't know what. Maybe I just don't recognize 'focus'. I don't have any, so perhaps I can't relate.

He's intense. There was one point last night where the camera showed his face and it was pretty unreal, like you could just tell that he was into it and there would be no stopping him, one way or the other he was going to make it happen. A minute later.. breakaway goal.

I've also seen him relax though so I don't think he'll be the kind of guy who burns himself out.

McDynasty

Nov 11, 2013
We had a 6-game winning streak in October of 2011? How did that turn out?

I hope we keep winning for a while to ease my nerves built up over the last decade. Still not comfortable at 7-1.

Jeeze what a killjoy, just enjoy it man, I'm sure all of us are thinking the same, but it's good to keep it in the back of your head and just enjoy the ride for now. WE ARE 7-1:cheers:

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
Serious question: did McLellan dedicate entire practices this year to stick checking?

I've never seen so many successful and ridiculously timely stick lifts by the Oilers in a span of 3 games.

A couple of things...

1st we have bigger guys

2nd the guys seem to be getting body position...or near body position before the lift/stick check. That is really important to help you try to not get a trip/slash/high stick penalty.

Guys are working harder, getting tighter on checks and we have more powerful bodies on the roster.

Last edited:

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Anyone looking for a laugh go read the Canuck board on this game .

1 fan said Jesus and the other fan said no he plays for the other team

Another one said McDavid looks like Bure out there and a couple of fans said he much better then Bure ever was .

There some real good ones in there . Good for a few laughs

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
if McDavid didn't talk to media, that is bad form indeed. captain, budding superstar, future face of the league.
you need to talk media after every game

don't know if it's true, though.

both the esks and the oilers won me vcash. yay teams!

oiler backup has to get some action. hope Talbot sits on sunday.

Ian Macintyre is a joke...stuck listening to that clown on TSN 1040 Vancouver all the time....half the time he doesn't even know what the heck he is talking about.

Black Gold Extractor

May 4, 2010
There's only one other Oiler season with 7 regulation wins and one regulation loss in the first 8 games: 1985-86 (the loss being a 9-3 stinker against the normally-hapless Jets). If we go by ROW, then we can add 1983-84.

This is a legit good start. :)

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Anyone have info on McDavid's stick? Last night I noticed it was quite long, and then he seemed to chole up on it at certain times like stick handling. I was actually surprised that it was the first time I noticed it. I guess that's why I'm not a cop. :laugh:

Alawishis

...so anyway.
Mar 12, 2008
Sherwood Park
We had a 6-game winning streak in October of 2011? How did that turn out?

I hope we keep winning for a while to ease my nerves built up over the last decade. Still not comfortable at 7-1.

It's a shame if you're not allowing yourself to enjoy this time because you're waiting for a tragedy that may never happen.

Shure we aren't going to continue winning at this rate through the entire season. And yes, we've had winning streaks before that came crashing to a halt. But, one thing that should change your mind about this team is the way we are winning games. It's not from a few lucky breaks or a few lucky bounces. We are handily outplaying teams. We are taking control of games and pushing our advantage. Not only that we have won not only barn burners but also close checking defensive games. We've beat high-flying offensive teams, defensive teams, grinders, heavy and fast teams. We are not getting beat up if anything we are doing the beating up. Take note of what out opponents are saying, every team we have faced has said, "this is not the same team", or some variation of that.

Sit back and enjoy the ride.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Nurse and Gryba actually work really well as a pairing. They have a very good understanding of each other's game, much like Davidson and Osterle did last year, obviously different style of players though.

Pulju will be the better option on McDavid's wing by the end of the year. I think Eberle gets moved this summer.

Agreed.

Pulju is McDavid's future RWer for many years to come. His speed, size, puck hounding ability, lethal one-timer, and him being a right shot all matchup perfect.

I think by the end of the year, or beginning next year Pulju will be with McDavid and Eberle will be with Nuge.

Nurse and Gryba just work well together, they have chemistry. Both are 6'4 and tough as nails. One thing we don't talk about enough is how good they are on the PK together. Nurse and Gryba are our #1 PK pairing. They go out there and kill penalties every game and have done very well in my opinion.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
Anyone have info on McDavid's stick? Last night I noticed it was quite long, and then he seemed to chole up on it at certain times like stick handling. I was actually surprised that it was the first time I noticed it. I guess that's why I'm not a cop. :laugh:

That's just what a cop would say

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
Agreed.

Pulju is McDavid's future RWer for many years to come. His speed, size, puck hounding ability, lethal one-timer, and him being a right shot all matchup perfect.

I think by the end of the year, or beginning next year Pulju will be with McDavid and Eberle will be with Nuge.

Nurse and Gryba just work well together, they have chemistry. Both are 6'4 and tough as nails. One thing we don't talk about enough is how good they are on the PK together. Nurse and Gryba are our #1 PK pairing. They go out there and kill penalties every game and have done very well in my opinion.

I think we will see the gradual change during the year

Ragss

Jul 5, 2007

http://1.cdn.nhle.com/oilers/images/upload/gallery/2016/10/617475582_slide.jpg
You can see here that his stick is quite long, almost as long as Klefbom and McDavid is a couple inches shorter. Eberle's stick is significantly shorter.

Also just noticed...Gryba's sticks say BIG EARL...

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Agreed.

Honestly I could see Eberle moved out vs. just being moved down the lineup. Plus for the role RNH is in, I'm not sure I'd want Eberle skating on his wing.

Kassian or Slepyshev would be better fits there, especially once you factor in price tag. A one dimensional, complementary winger is easily the top of my chopping block is the cap starts to become an issue.

Lucic-McDavid-Puljuvarvi
Pouliot-RNH-Kassian
Maroon-Draisaitl-Slepyshev

Dat size...

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
Honestly I could see Eberle moved out vs. just being moved down the lineup. Plus for the role RNH is in, I'm not sure I'd want Eberle skating on his wing.

Kassian or Slepyshev would be better fits there, especially once you factor in price tag. A one dimensional, complementary winger is easily the top of my chopping block is the cap starts to become an issue.

Lucic-McDavid-Puljuvarvi
Pouliot-RNH-Kassian
Maroon-Draisaitl-Slepyshev

Dat size...

cap wont be an issue this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad