Post-Game Talk: Oilers 2 Flames 1 in a shootout

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I'm still pissed off honestly that we pissed away two games to the Flames.

Should have won that game on Halloween and up 3-1 in the other game with a ****ing PP and 7 minutes left in the 2nd.

I'll take this, but that pisses me off.

IAGTTAYM

Dec 15, 2006
Good win.
I really liked Davidson tonight. Be nice if he can keep improving.
He played that 2v1 late in third beautifully. Has made some mistakes recently, but he's still playing at a good level.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Both teams are pretty bad but of course you wouldn't get that impression from the HNIC crew.

And the good thing is that Calgary is completely healthy while the Oilers are missing two of their best players.
Monahan looks like a plug. Better than Draisaitl? Pfft

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Kassian and Yakupov were good again. Kassian especially tonight. He uses his size so well.

On top of that the offseason acquisitions Letestu, Talbot, Korpse and Sekera are really bringing it.

As for the game I thought it was a gritty win and it was damn entertaining. That kill in OT had me at the edge of my chair.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Oilers played bad, no doubt.
Flames played even worse.

Flames lost to an oilers team who still don't have McDavid and Klefbom. So much for the best D in the league.

Outside of the horrendous first I donno... 15 minutes. The Oilers played well imo.

Talonted

Dec 9, 2010
How is the losing goalie with only 5 more saves the first star on cbc while the winning goalie who had a save of the week type save and more importantly a WIN with 5 fewer saves the second star? Is this a "everyone did a super job now let's split the happiness equally so you got the win Talbot so Hiller gets to be first star yeaaaaa!!!!" type bs thing?

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
Oilers ran the Flames' show tonight after the first ten minutes. Schultz must've been hurt. Guessing Reinhart comes back up now.

I wish the Oilers could just add two more top 4 dmen without subtracting from the forwards. If the Oilers had a defence like the Flames, all of their forwards would be so much more productive.

Loving Kassian, Yak is looking good despite the one bad play, and I can't wait for McDavid to come back.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Outside of the horrendous first I donno... 15 minutes. The Oilers played well imo.

Minus the first of course. Oilers proceeded to take the game over. Lead in an abundance amount of shots as well. Still happy to see them beat the lames otherwise we'll have to hear how golden bennett and gaudreau are.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I like Kassian.

I don't care if he is an ass.

So tired of weak pushovers on this team, nice to have a grown *man* on the ice and not a scared little boy like half the roster is most of the time.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
How is the losing goalie with only 5 more saves the first star on cbc while the winning goalie who had a save of the week type save and more importantly a WIN with 5 fewer saves the second star? Is this a "everyone did a super job now let's split the happiness equally so you got the win Talbot so Hiller gets to be first star yeaaaaa!!!!" type bs thing?

Not to mention Talbot didn't allow a single SO goal either. Hiller was good, Talbot was excellent.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I'm still pissed off honestly that we pissed away two games to the Flames.

Should have won that game on Halloween and up 3-1 in the other game with a ****ing PP and 7 minutes left in the 2nd.

I'll take this, but that pisses me off.

I'm pissed that they got 2 points out of 8 against the Panthers, Lightning, Coyotes and Sharks in which those teams all played poor games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad