Injury Report: Oilers 12 Step Program.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I know I have considered it myself. Last year I went to half a dozen games and I questioned why when I could enjoy it just as well at home.

That leads to the question of do I want to cheer on a team that has been run and built so poorly for so long. Since Katz took over things went downhill hard... but McDavid, Drai, Nurse, and Pulju keeps me sticking it out.

Again thanks for your contributions, and your support on a board, which has been felt.

This goes as well to more than just Oilers. and again this is the side of me that is a family counselor, and yet addict sports fan.

Look when games are scheduled. In US full sundays locked down with sport, football. In Canada we're definitely moving in that direction. but like Netflix this takes up time from families, gets them binging (addiction) and bam, next thing you know youre not camping as a family, you're watching playoffs, you're not taking the kid fishing, theres a game on, you're not going on a fun road trip on a long weekend because theres games on every damn day.

people can laugh whether this is addiction, but I know, for families it creates similar behaviors and ramifications. So we have to remember to do things with family, friends, instead of watching sports. limit the sports viewing, limit the netflix, etc. but its raining today. yesterday was great but I said no to the road trip....sigh

Theres no do overs. The long weekend is shot. The Oilers helped shoot it..;)

RattsSSV

Слава Україні - F*** Putin
May 4, 2006
I got pulled in bigtime this time my friend. Drai a large part of that, and even yesterday Drai scoring two beauties and you know that most of were probably shouting when those goals happened. I shouted again 3rd goal 4th goal. JOY. and then...

yesterday game was so much elation, then drop, that I mentioned rollercoaster. tbh its pain. That friggen hurt. For me manifested in a headache that physically hurt. It was a mistake though for Holland to not add to this team. We are not privy to the club, we don't see the inside. It was apparent to Tippett (and he has said in many comments before series) that the team was feeling presure. He tried to rectify that with comments, clarification, meeting with the team, players. They didn't get over it.

We really miss a Patrick Maroon that makes the guys relaxed. This is a club that is actually TOO serious. It starts with the burning holes through things passion of McD, and even Drai. Drai at end of first period looked back at a scrum like he wanted to hit another jet. He was so angry last night. McD often is. It takes them out of their complete focus. You can be angry as a player and be agressive. But its harder to be without the puck and cerebral when you're really jacked like that. Connor has a problem with this in tight games.
Yeah it's funny how in the thread /poll you mentioned earlier about how loses make us feel most went with lesser symptoms but I think we all felt that last night. Like you said, the Miracle on Manchester was the closest thing to what happened last night and it has left us all queasy.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
I’m honestly not even upset, I’m just apathetic. This happens so often that it does not really trigger a response.

I would say I cheer for the players more then the team at this point. I feel bad the league doesn’t have Mcdavid on a competitive team. I feel bad for Smith as this is likely his last shot at it and he’s been solid outside of the collapse last night.

So in summary, meh, whatever, guess I’ll wait for the NFL season to start

Reactions: dsi and Drivesaitl

RattsSSV

Слава Україні - F*** Putin
May 4, 2006
Again thanks for your contributions, and your support on a board, which has been felt.

This goes as well to more than just Oilers. and again this is the side of me that is a family counselor, and yet addict sports fan.

Look when games are scheduled. In US full sundays locked down with sport, football. In Canada we're definitely moving in that direction. but like Netflix this takes up time from families, gets them binging (addiction) and bam, next thing you know youre not camping as a family, you're watching playoffs, you're not taking the kid fishing, theres a game on, you're not going on a fun road trip on a long weekend because theres games on every damn day.

people can laugh whether this is addiction, but I know, for families it creates similar behaviors and ramifications. So we have to remember to do things with family, friends, instead of watching sports. limit the sports viewing, limit the netflix, etc. but its raining today. yesterday was great but I said no to the road trip....sigh

Theres no do overs. The long weekend is shot. The Oilers helped shoot it..;)
Well said. We have to remember this is just entertainment and not a part of who we are (as difficult as that may feel). It's been especially difficult with Covid not being able to do things so it can seem like more of a crutch.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Well said. We have to remember this is just entertainment and not a part of who we are (as difficult as that may feel). It's been especially difficult with Covid not being able to do things so it can seem like more of a crutch.

Very true. At the end of the day its a hockey game played mostly by guys who are teenagers and 20 somethings. Its a mistake to take it too seriously. If the Oil are out tonight then I am going to enjoy some other things this spring--assuming that it ever stops raining;)

Reactions: RattsSSV

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Injured: All of us. Potentially every fan. I feel like Nygaard. ;)

So I'm not sure what to say here Bros and girls, last night hurt. A sting like no other in sports, and the worst kind.

I'll say this to shorter term or even longer term Oilers fans. This one won't go away. This was the worst Oilers event and occurrence last night since 1982. Forget the Hall trade, forget 2006 game 7 (that club had rallied back from 3-1 down in games just to get to the final game. ) Nah, this is the worst Oilers event since 1982, Miracle on Manchester. A lot of people have referenced it. As Oilers fans you won't forget what transpired last night.

Being an Oilers fan can be a painful experience. Probably most of you realize that. But then Oilers won McD, and they had drafted Draisaitl, and something that seemed magical was starting to form. Suddenly I found love in Nurse play, a few others here and there. But mostly McDrai and Nurse. Now this year rediscovering Pulju. So this is going to sound corny, but its true. the Oilers drew me in again. they captured something this year with me. Signing Barrie was another moment. In short I opened my heart up to the club and believed in them. Belief, love, of course being an emotional, not an intellectual process. I mean look at this guy;
l7sxacjwroi61.jpg

So like an addict, and severe addiction runs in my family, tore my family apart,.... pun intended, I'm a Drai alcoholic. (well I do drink in moderation) Never been an addict depending on degree of definition, maybe Marijuana chronic when younger.

Anyway this thread is for people that felt something strange from last night. Look at the boards last night. fighting here, people around hf laughing at the Oilers, laughing at us fans. ("they laughed at the chiefs" comic Paul Newman slapshot moment) Which triggers anger, Hansons, chains...

HansonBrothers.gif

So I ask this on behalf of mods, on behalf of remaining sanity in pandemic times. what are we going to do? Fight about the pain we experience being Oilers fans. Or repair, or resolve?

We're going to again be the brunt of the league no matter what we say, like the leafs, and yesterday is a zamboni moment. The way this club fell apart like a house of cards. Its all interesting because somebody started a good thread the other day about how the Oilers made us feel. To that point I still said it wasn't really impacting. Now thats either denial, or yesterdays game was like a bomb going off. One moment joy, great moments, the next the game ends in despair. The worst roller coaster ride. I wanted to get off, make it stop, lol. Of course Ehlers killing us. Of course..Singh mocking us.

Some of you will potentially mock a thread like this. I can only ask that not occur, but I expect it, but for others this is hopefully a supportive thread where people can open up about how they felt last night, or about the team, or if you're even watching game today, how to do that without getting amped, etc.

If people want to share you can do that here, or in pm, this is my thing, I'm actually a lifetime counselor (retired) and people can pm if they want to be more discrete. There could be some things to work through after last night. maybe you punched a hole in your TV last night like my Dad once did during a playoff game. Maybe you experienced something else. maybe you found religion.. ;) many of you smoked a bowl to get over it. I noted those comments. But this means we're triggered over something like this.

I'm here in front of you saying I have an Oilers problem. I mean its funny, and its not. so its your turn, anybody, if you want. Or lol, thats valid too I guess, whatever gets you through. We're all different. Humor can be therapeutic. I mean this thread seriously, but also if people just want to laugh about the experience, or kick some foam bricks, whatever.

Yesterday, go away.....;) Shut up Paul!
I feel like too many people here and on TV completely disregarded the entire Winnipeg jets team and all they've been through as a group because of a wonky season and it's absolutely fitting, especially considering all half of them talk about to this day is last year's play-ins.

That said it stings like a bastard and there's still a small part of me that questions everyday why I cheer for this f***ing team, lolz.

Keep your heads up guys. It's not over til it's over, and it could be worse because we could be Flames fans.

Reactions: RattsSSV

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I feel like too many people here and on TV completely disregarded the entire Winnipeg jets team and all they've been through as a group because of a wonky season and it's absolutely fitting, especially considering all half of them talk about to this day is last year's play-ins.

That said it stings like a bastard and there's still a small part of me that questions everyday why I cheer for this f***ing team, lolz.

Keep your heads up guys. It's not over til it's over, and it could be worse because we could be Flames fans.

Agreed- we haven't given the Jets enough credit.

When you look at their top 6 forwards--who in the league matches that quality when we talk about the top 2 lines?

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

Guilty. I know it.

But thats because I wanted this season, NEEDED this season, to be a good ride with this club. For once. Because this is pandemic, this is isolation, this is 2021 f***ing sucks, this is one thing, that could give some unexpected joy, and it didn't deliver. Jets fans got their extra Xmas presents, and I suppose they suffered a lot more than us, so I don't harbor any badwill about that. They're solid city and people. But I just needed this one thing...;) This one hit (joking)

You know, I don't know that any other year I would have been sucked back in so hard, to this season. Its because of everything else being shut down to us, shut down to families, theater, arts, entertainment, goign out for dinner. So much, and so full into this season, and now this..It felt like a punch to the gut last night.

I mean I'll be alright. Mostly I'm talking out loud in the thread because a lot of it probably resonates.

Reactions: GOilers88

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Agreed- we haven't given the Jets enough credit.

When you look at their top 6 forwards--who in the league matches that quality when we talk about the top 2 lines?

Its amazing that Kyle Connor has had a stunning bit of bad luck in the series. I mean he really should have a few goals, and he's they're best player cashing imo. I like Kyle Connor a lot, and I like him because he's not trying to be a jerk, like Ehlers, just playing hockey. Mad respect for that guy, and frankly he's played as well as our Connor, just not getting anything to go. Hockey can be cruel like that. In football you drop a pass, make an interception. you get back with another completion. In hockey you miss chances to score in a game and you think about it all offseason. I'm worried about our Connor that way. a bit.

Reactions: GOilers88

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Guilty. I know it.

But thats because I wanted this season, NEEDED this season, to be a good ride with this club. For once. Because this is pandemic, this is isolation, this is 2021 f***ing sucks, this is one thing, that could give some unexpected joy, and it didn't deliver. Jets fans got their extra Xmas presents, and I suppose they suffered a lot more than us, so I don't harbor any badwill about that. They're solid city and people. But I just needed this one thing...;) This one hit (joking)

You know, I don't know that any other year I would have been sucked back in so hard, to this season. Its because of everything else being shut down to us, shut down to families, theater, arts, entertainment, goign out for dinner. So much, and so full into this season, and now this..It felt like a punch to the gut last night.

I mean I'll be alright. Mostly I'm talking out loud in the thread because a lot of it probably resonates.
I always walk around here preaching about having faith and that it's not so bad and blah blah blah but I fully understand ya here.

The thing that bothers me more than the actual games is that a lot of the abuse we're going to get from the mains was self inflicted by people being cocky as hell about McDrai and the Jets. Some people just made talking objectively about the team basically impossible on this website lol. Is this what it feels like to be a Leafs fan? Talk about rock bottom.

I do still honestly think this will change McDrai for the better. Nothing teaches you a lesson like the cold hard bitchslap of defeat.

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019
This is a fascinating topic, and one I’m working through myself. I have recognized that my own mood and emotions were in the past too affected by the team. As a result I don’t watch the team much live these days to try to avoid the roller coaster you speak of. I will keep track of scores, watch the highlights, read lots and I try to keep my expectations low. I’m a fan of the skill and artistry on display, but have recognized that those moments are too fleeting, and I see the flaws in the game and team too acutely in between those moments to fully enjoy it. I am a longtime season ticket holder as well, we share our seats and I am seriously trying to figure out if I have a strong desire to go much more. I think if I could be less of a fan or a team and more of a fan of the sport I could enjoy it for what it is.

So last night as the collapse was happening I was keeping track while we watched a show with the family. Once it got tied there was discussion to watch the end, so I went for a walk while the rest of the family watched the game. I returned, we finished our show and my son wanted to check in OT, we turned it on to see the replay of the goal and turned it off. I sort of just laughed it all off, the team and organization are so flawed I have almost come to expect the worst.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Its amazing that Kyle Connor has had a stunning bit of bad luck in the series. I mean he really should have a few goals, and he's they're best player cashing imo. I like Kyle Connor a lot, and I like him because he's not trying to be a jerk, like Ehlers, just playing hockey. Mad respect for that guy, and frankly he's played as well as our Connor, just not getting anything to go. Hockey can be cruel like that. In football you drop a pass, make an interception. you get back with another completion. In hockey you miss chances to score in a game and you think about it all offseason. I'm worried about our Connor that way. a bit.

Ehlers reminds me of Glenn Anderson. He gets under your skin but he's a great hockey player and he likes to score big goals. RNH and Yams both seem to be very nice young guys but so far in this series there are no big goals to show for it.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan

So I'm not sure what to say here Bros and girls, last night hurt. A sting like no other in sports, and the worst kind.

I'll say this to shorter term or even longer term Oilers fans. This one won't go away. This was the worst Oilers event and occurrence last night since 1982. Forget the Hall trade, forget 2006 game 7 (that club had rallied back from 3-1 down in games just to get to the final game. ) Nah, this is the worst Oilers event since 1982, Miracle on Manchester. A lot of people have referenced it. As Oilers fans you won't forget what transpired last night.

Being an Oilers fan can be a painful experience. Probably most of you realize that. But then Oilers won McD, and they had drafted Draisaitl, and something that seemed magical was starting to form. Suddenly I found love in Nurse play, a few others here and there. But mostly McDrai and Nurse. Now this year rediscovering Pulju. So this is going to sound corny, but its true. the Oilers drew me in again. they captured something this year with me. Signing Barrie was another moment. In short I opened my heart up to the club and believed in them. Belief, love, of course being an emotional, not an intellectual process. I mean look at this guy;
l7sxacjwroi61.jpg

So like an addict, and severe addiction runs in my family, tore my family apart,.... pun intended, I'm a Drai alcoholic. (well I do drink in moderation) Never been an addict depending on degree of definition, maybe Marijuana chronic when younger.

Anyway this thread is for people that felt something strange from last night. Look at the boards last night. fighting here, people around hf laughing at the Oilers, laughing at us fans. ("they laughed at the chiefs" comic Paul Newman slapshot moment) Which triggers anger, Hansons, chains...

HansonBrothers.gif

So I ask this on behalf of mods, on behalf of remaining sanity in pandemic times. what are we going to do? Fight about the pain we experience being Oilers fans. Or repair, or resolve?

We're going to again be the brunt of the league no matter what we say, like the leafs, and yesterday is a zamboni moment. The way this club fell apart like a house of cards. Its all interesting because somebody started a good thread the other day about how the Oilers made us feel. To that point I still said it wasn't really impacting. Now thats either denial, or yesterdays game was like a bomb going off. One moment joy, great moments, the next the game ends in despair. The worst roller coaster ride. I wanted to get off, make it stop, lol. Of course Ehlers killing us. Of course..Singh mocking us.

Some of you will potentially mock a thread like this. I can only ask that not occur, but I expect it, but for others this is hopefully a supportive thread where people can open up about how they felt last night, or about the team, or if you're even watching game today, how to do that without getting amped, etc.

If people want to share you can do that here, or in pm, this is my thing, I'm actually a lifetime counselor (retired) and people can pm if they want to be more discrete. There could be some things to work through after last night. maybe you punched a hole in your TV last night like my Dad once did during a playoff game. Maybe you experienced something else. maybe you found religion.. ;) many of you smoked a bowl to get over it. I noted those comments. But this means we're triggered over something like this.

I'm here in front of you saying I have an Oilers problem. I mean its funny, and its not. so its your turn, anybody, if you want. Or lol, thats valid too I guess, whatever gets you through. We're all different. Humor can be therapeutic. I mean this thread seriously, but also if people just want to laugh about the experience, or kick some foam bricks, whatever.

Great thread buddy! We really do need more of these especially with losses like that night.

I forget how painful a loss like last night can truly be…… we were up 4-1 and I was playing. Cards with friends, having a great time. It was then 4-2, 4-3 and 4-4. Before I knew it…… I was looking at another heart breaking Oilers loss. I still carried on about my night with my two friends, but it definitely made the night sour. I basically put my phone down and didn’t look at it for the rest of the night. Like you said, we will be the laughing stock of the league for a while now.

Here is the thing, if we lost this series in 7 games and it was a hard battle and back and forth I can respect that. One team has to win and one team has to lose. That is just the way it is. However, it’s the heart breaking way we are losing to this team….. a team and goaltender we have owned in regular season all year. We then struggled to put up 1 goal in two damn games. We finally get our star going and we have a 4-1 lead……. And yet we still blow it.

It’s important to remember the fun we have had this season and the fact that we even had a hockey league to watch through all of COVID. I am definitely appreciative of that…. But sometimes it’s easy to forget the good times when you have a heart breaker of a loss like last night. I’m starting to finally feel better today and calm down…… but last night was rough.

All I hope now is that we can somewhat make this series interesting. I know we aren’t going to win (hell I hope we do still). But let’s go down with a fight. I want to win at least two games and make it somewhat of a series. I just hope last night didn’t suck out what’s left of the life in the Oilers.

please boys, just give us a win tonight!!!

awesome thread by the way man!!

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Great thread buddy! We really do need more of these especially with losses like that night.

I forget how painful a loss like last night can truly be…… we were up 4-1 and I was playing. Cards with friends, having a great time. It was then 4-2, 4-3 and 4-4. Before I knew it…… I was looking at another heart breaking Oilers loss. I still carried on about my night with my two friends, but it definitely made the night sour. I basically put my phone down and didn’t look at it for the rest of the night. Like you said, we will be the laughing stock of the league for a while now.

Here is the thing, if we lost this series in 7 games and it was a hard battle and back and forth I can respect that. One team has to win and one team has to lose. That is just the way it is. However, it’s the heart breaking way we are losing to this team….. a team and goaltender we have owned in regular season all year. We then struggled to put up 1 goal in two damn games. We finally get our star going and we have a 4-1 lead……. And yet we still blow it.

It’s important to remember the fun we have had this season and the fact that we even had a hockey league to watch through all of COVID. I am definitely appreciative of that…. But sometimes it’s easy to forget the good times when you have a heart breaker of a loss like last night. I’m starting to finally feel better today and calm down…… but last night was rough.

All I hope now is that we can somewhat make this series interesting. I know we aren’t going to win (hell I hope we do still). But let’s go down with a fight. I want to win at least two games and make it somewhat of a series. I just hope last night didn’t suck out what’s left of the life in the Oilers.

please boys, just give us a win tonight!!!

awesome thread by the way man!!

Thanks man. Like I said your thread inspired this one, companion volumes.

hey, maybe they still make it 7 games. You never know.

The thing is, and I didn't factor this in enough. Is the Oilers rubbed the Jets noses in it this season to such a degree that the Jets were a motivated bunch, to beat us. I doubt the Jets will go any farther. Their specific dislike is now us. It used to be Toronto. That happens in sports. McD and Drai, and it goes for most generational players, they motivate opposition. Not sure what they can do about that.

Reactions: tardigrade81

MCDAVIDISH

Jul 18, 2011
Edmonton
(Read in Morgan Freeman voice) Tonight is the night, when all hope was lost, on the brink of destruction, mcdavid woke up and said, no universe, no not today. And so it was. McDavid set out on the path for 4 in a row, the exulted one destined for greatness doing the unthinkable, but with him, it is all possible. Not the jets, no not even the eastern biased refs could stop this man, some say he is the only jet... supersonic speeds swiftly deliver his hands gifted from the divine... now folks he won’t let a little adversity stop him, this is McDavid after all, a relic of the past and dare we say, the great one? Only the shadows of the wind could know for sure, but on this day there is no doubt, McDavid has arrived.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Last night hurt but nowhere near as bad as not being able to finish the comeback vs the Canes in 2006 or even losing the 3-0 game vs the Ducks in 2017. This team did not look ready to do much of anything this year even before this series started ( I felt they would lose a close series vs the Jets... I was wrong, it wont be close) and that fact was definitely backed up with the way the first 2 games of this series transpired. I'm glad Holland did not waste picks to load the team up this year. It was pretty evident they are not ready to make a strong push.

Reactions: BudBundy

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
Honestly I mostly handled it just by not posting on Oilers related media be it reddit, Twitter, or even here for the past year. But last night was just too much. I can take losing, we did that for a decade. I can even take getting swept out of the playoffs, it's a miracle we're even in the playoffs considering how bad the non McDrai/Yama/Poolparty/Nurse players are. But blowing a 4-1 lead because one of these supposed heart and soul character gritty veterans made one of the most selfish plays I've seen in my lifetime? Naw.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Have been a fan since day 1, over 40 years now, and last night was pretty crushing. Not quite Miracle on Manchester crushing, but closer to the collapse against the Ducks in 2017, although I think that was worse. The absolute worse loss for me was game 7 in 2006. Game 6 was such a high, the barn was the loudest it’s ever been, and we played as perfect a game as I’ve ever seen. To go from that high, to the low of game 7 was tough. It ate at me for months. But that’s what we sign up for when we pledge our allegiance to a sports team. You get the good with the bad, the highs and the lows, and all the inbetweens. As bad as last night was, I woke up today looking forward to the game, hopeful as always that we will win. I’m a lifer, and I’ll never quit supporting my team, even if there are days like yesterday that are just devastating.

Oil53

Jun 4, 2018
The 1986 collapse to the Flames was worse as we were the reigning champs.I didn’t expect a big run this playoffs as depth,especially playoff type players,is still an issue.Holland has this summer to fix,good luck.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

l7sxacjwroi61.jpg

HansonBrothers.gif

Nice thread. But I will tell you honestly, that the older I get, the less it impacts me, as I find out that there is so much more to love about life other than a hockey team. Yes, they are important to me, and I would celebrate with the best of them if we won but I don't live and die with each game like I used to. Too many precious things out there that are far more important (and I'm not just saying this because we lost) and time flies by. I hope everyone on here makes the most of theirs.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
Tough thread to read through. I witnessed 5 Cups In 7 years, great times. I also witnessed the dismantling of a dynasty, a re-location threat and of course the decade of darkness.

The Messier trade probably cuts the deepest for me, turned me into a Rangers fan and I still cheer for them out of the east.
I always come back for my Oilers punishment though and I don’t suspect that will change

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Thanks man. Like I said your thread inspired this one, companion volumes.

hey, maybe they still make it 7 games. You never know.

The thing is, and I didn't factor this in enough. Is the Oilers rubbed the Jets noses in it this season to such a degree that the Jets were a motivated bunch, to beat us. I doubt the Jets will go any farther. Their specific dislike is now us. It used to be Toronto. That happens in sports. McD and Drai, and it goes for most generational players, they motivate opposition. Not sure what they can do about that.
Very valid point. I knew this series wouldn’t be easy. Everyone wanted the Jets in the first round, but I had a feeling they were primed and ready for us. I’m not mad at them by any means, hell I would root for them to beat Toronto or montreal next round. I’m just mad that we were not more prepared especially in game 2.

We need a miracle at this point, but this isn’t the first time I have seen a team make it a series being down 3 games to nothing. Weren’t the Devils down 3 games to nothing in the finals against the Kings and then won 2 straight to make
It interesting. Oilers came close last night, just need to do it again and not blow it lol

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
Oddly enough I was way angrier when we lost game 2. By that point, I knew for almost certainty that the series was over because from what I can see, they can't handle the pressure. I wasn't at all surprised when I learned this team literally stopped playing hockey in game 3 and blew their lead in a matter of minutes. Any NHL team that does such a thing deserve to be ridiculed and laughed at. Pathetic... but not surprising. Not in the slightest. This is what this team is now. They think they deserve the world and an easy pass when games really matter because McDavid got 100+ points...

Guess what Oilers;
tenor.gif

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Last night really hurt. Not gonna lie.

But... worst since 1982? No, not hardly... Gretzky was traded when?

I'm trying to be objective here... but I actually can't agree that this is any worse than our (nearly identical) three-goal collapse against Anaheim in 2017. We'd have taken a strangle hold on that series in convincing fashion. Similarly, last night would have sewn doubt in the Jets.

but here we are... gutted. I don't worry as much about what this does to me... my wife will forgive me for my silence and rumination last night, I couldn't move for 15 minutes... yeah, it ruined the weekend, but she wasn't much happier.

I do worry about the psyche of this club though. I think we are absolutely ruining McDavid and Draisaitl... and maybe I'm imagining it, but I think both are prone to negative thoughts. I mean, McDavid just doesn't blindly throw the puck up those boards under normal circumstances.

I don't see realistically how we can restock and build a winner by next season and if we don't, I worry that we'll have cultivated another group of jaded, loser-attitude, young players... this time including a generational one. What a waste of talent.

I apologize for those that were frustrated with the lack of moves at the deadline. You were right... we should have reinforced this team.
That epic fold just reinforces the fact that we are more than one player away from being a real contender. If we blow the bank for Hall, are we getting past the Jets? If past them, past the Leafs? Let alone the Avs or Lightning? We aren’t good enough, we wouldn’t have been good enough. The difference is we still have our first rd pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad