CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
there is a new boss in the office, smacking the sharks all over the ice

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
the sharks only scored 2 goals in 2 periods where the oilers looked as bad as they have all season.

The Oilers have scored 2 even strength goals all series. This is a very tight, evenly matched series. The Sharks are still a team to be respected.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
The Oilers have scored 2 even strength goals all series. This is a very tight, evenly matched series. The Sharks are still a team to be respected.

but we also know that when we need a goal we can put Cagguila or Pou out and get us a PK so we can score.

Alawishis

...so anyway.
Mar 12, 2008
Sherwood Park
18wpUkZ.gif

I definitely approve of the wolverine chops. It's a great look for him.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

Agree with this 100%.

I haven't been able to post the last few days but I have been watching every game moment. This is an incredibly tight series.

Limiting mistakes is the key to winning and the Oilers have done an excellent job.
The keys for me so far have been the Oilers depth at forward (playing Draisaitl at center was a brilliant move) and the solid play (by and large) of the bottom pairing of Nurse and Benning. The bottom pairing was a huge concern for me before the series...its been a surprise so far IMO.

The OIlers just arent giving the Sharks much at all so far. Its a pleasure to watch. :D

Bangers

May 31, 2006
I had the feeling this would be a loss. Sharks were down 2-1, at home, and had been somewhat embarrassed the previous game. Plus, the Oil are still a young team and they were bound to get tired/take the foot off the gas.

I'm kind of glad the team got embarrassed tonight instead of losing a close one. I'm expecting them to come out strong at home next game and wrap the series up in two games.

Hippasus

Feb 17, 2008
Bridgeview
Kassian and Talbot stole the show again this game, but whereas Kassian made the pivotal plays last game, this game it was the steady presene of Talbot that made the difference. In hindsight, this was especially true during the first when the Sharks had an onslaught of heavy forechecking and hitting. Draisaitl and McDavid were offensively quiet again. The CBC commentators thought the wingers need to get more speed to make plays with him on the rush. I think Draisaitl should try to take more of a goal-scoring role for a while now if possible. The Oilers are getting better at faceoffs the last few games. Prior to that that had been one of their weakspots. Larsson and Nurse played well. Klefbom was a bit off, which is understandable since there is a decent chance he is playing injured.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad