Pre-Game Talk: Oil vs Preds

Status
Not open for further replies.

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
At castledowns arena for my kids spring hockey evaluation skate. Taylor Hall out skating by himself, looks fantastic, doesn't look like he should be on the shelf long. Skating hard and looks good in and out of turns.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
At castledowns arena for my kids spring hockey evaluation skate. Taylor Hall out skating by himself, looks fantastic, doesn't look like he should be on the shelf long. Skating hard and looks good in and out of turns.

Saw him at the Pint as well sat, doesn't look out of step either ;)

*he wasn't drinking FWIW

Also: This awesome, laughed way to hard

Predicting 5-1 loss, and keep the winless streak against the West up. The preds are too good

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I'm changing my prediction to an oilers victory
Let's win this for the troops boys!
3-2 oilers

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Fasth continues his solid play, but the Preds are a good team this year and Rinne is great. We'll see how the RNH line can play getting matched up against Josi-Weber every shift. 3-1 Preds with an empty netter.

ScrillaVilla

Sep 22, 2008
Edmonton
A perfect example of why I can't stand reader incomprehension.

I said it "may not be sustainable". In fact, it may not be.

Both Rinne and Hutton have a save % of .935 this year.

Rinne's career average is .919 and and Hutton's is .911.

Suggesting some regression to their norm is not based on some mindless look at league averages but based on the lifetime averages of the goaltenders involved and the fact that the last goaltender who played 40 or more games who was able to maintain a save % at or better than .935% was Tim Thomas in 2110-2011.

The last team to do it? I've checked back 25 years and no one is on the list.

Certain stats have proven to be unsustainable over time. And a team save % of .935 likley is one of those stats.

It's not even a question of if or may, but when. Riding the 2nd highest PDO in the league right now. 5 on 5 sv% of .955? That won't continue past the medium term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad