GDT: Oil vs Habs - Mar 19/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

I’d run Pickard tonight and Skinner Thursday night.

Glad to see Knobby reads HFOil.

Ceci needs to clean it up. 3rd line is slow AF. Need Holloway up here as Colorado exposed our lack of speed. It’s a problem. Fix it up KK!

Reactions: Sanchez

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
This is an insult to Stecher. Unlike Bear it'll be hard to even spot errors with this player. Hes' pretty clean with his outs and reads. For his size he's pretty solid. Stecher arguably a better producer as well as he can setup plays and score a few. Stecher is light years better D than Ethan Bear.

To be fair, we are comparing a rookie and sophomore season Ethan Bear vs. an 8-year veteran Stetcher. Naturally I'd expect less of the mistakes from the veteran. My post was moreso focussed on their specific known areas of strength.

Let's beat all the Canadian teams over this span (especially the weekend games), starting with this one.

Glad to see Stetcher get back in. Kind of a rough start in his first showing with 2 penalties. He's probably looking to have a better game tonight too.
It wasn't great, but it was on his offside, and you could see in his face late in that game he was pissed with himself as he didn't look very happy despite the team being up 7-2 celebrating a first goal by Brown and Hyman hattrick. I'm confident we'll see a better version of him tonight.

Reactions: dssource

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
I hope losing Daisy helps these guys get motivated enough to tighten up defensively. Should be a fun one. Always liked the Habs. Just not whenever we play them!

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Nurse - Stecher is definitely the item to watch today.

Recent sample of games against non playoff opponents suggests the opposite but I think the Oilers will turn up for this one.
They blew out the last two non-playoff teams they played didn’t they?

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Still love beating Habs . Shuts the idiots up in these parts

Attachments

• IMG_2843.jpeg
    IMG_2843.jpeg
    80.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Love
Reactions: NotAVacuumSalesman

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
They blew out the last two non-playoff teams they played didn’t they?

And are 26-7-1 overall vs. non-playoff teams. If there's anything this team has improved on over the last couple years is taking care of the games they should win.

But that said there is a bit of a slide recently as they are only 5-4-1 in the last ten vs. non-playoff teams, but going 20-1 over the previous 21 such games gives them a little bit of rope.

NotAVacuumSalesman

The Guide And Record Book™
Jun 19, 2017
I’m here for the McPoints as per usual.

I hope he puts up 10 Mcpoints to shut the Habs crowd up and send them home crying to their mama!

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
If Pickard wins tonight do we start him next game ?

I still think Skinner is 100 % our guy heading into the playoffs but Pickard has good numbers this season too.

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
If Pickard wins tonight do we start him next game ?

I still think Skinner is 100 % our guy heading into the playoffs but Pickard has good numbers this season too.

They've probably already mapped out who they want to start in each game for the next week or two so I doubt anything that happens tonight would change that. I'd expect to see Pickard play on Sunday against Ottawa and then against the Ducks the following weekend.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
I started cheering for the Habs in 1974-75 or so. Lived in NW Ontario and had to choose between the Habs and Leafs. I was 6 so I chose the cooler jerseys and they looked really fast. Always been a fan. Oilers have been my team since I moved out to Alberta in 1984.

Oilers need a big win in this one. #letsgooilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad