GDT: Oil Spills vs. the Storm

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Meh, I'll take the point. It was a hard fought game and we could have as easily come out with zero points as two.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
At least we got one. Special teams were certainly "special" tonight. Dominated them 5 on 5 but the pp going an ofor and them effectively going 2/3 on the pp was the difference. Absolute joke of a call that led to their 2nd period momentum didn't help either.

Also, f***ing shoot in ot. Trying too damn hard for the perfect pass.

Last edited:

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
This seasons team has an offensive mindset of trying for three way pretty passing plays instead of just shooting. Leads to lots of almost great plays, very occasional great plays, and plenty of frustration.

It’s surprising for a team with a coach who preaches straight forward and straight line hockey, and it’s very anti what we did last year.

Its fun to watch though, and we’ve never really had it so I’m not always against it.

We did get a point we didn’t used to get.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
I'm starting to lean toward getting a forward at the deadline would be the better move than a defenseman. I'd been thinking a goalie like lehner would be great but I dont know if there would be enough time to adjust to the way the defense plays. If we're going to be loosey goosey have to score 3+ to win, we're going to need more firepower

dogbazinho

May 24, 2006
Fairfax, VA
I'm starting to lean toward getting a forward at the deadline would be the better move than a defenseman. I'd been thinking a goalie like lehner would be great but I dont know if there would be enough time to adjust to the way the defense plays. If we're going to be loosey goosey have to score 3+ to win, we're going to need more firepower

We need a forward and goalie more than D IMO. D will take longer since the biggest need is PP QB and there is no way Rod is giving that up so easily.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
The story of this team- shell the opposing goaltender a million times- get nothing, lose on one shot.
Sounds a lot like 3 on 3 OT. I know everyone is bitching about it right now, but I think that style of play has proven pretty damn good for this team. The last two years OT has not been a painful experience like it was before.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
This seasons team has an offensive mindset of trying for three way pretty passing plays instead of just shooting. Leads to lots of almost great plays, very occasional great plays, and plenty of frustration.

It’s surprising for a team with a coach who preaches straight forward and straight line hockey, and it’s very anti what we did last year.

Its fun to watch though, and we’ve never really had it so I’m not always against it.

We did get a point we didn’t used to get.

Rod talks about trying to be too pretty frequently in the post game interview. He downplayed SAT's beautiful tic tac toe goal the other night stating that you don't want to try that every time. He knows, but these young players will have to learn.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad