GDT: Oil Slick @ Ducks 2/26/16 @ 7:00 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
That was from Toronto. We traded down when Ottawa picked Stefan Noesen the pick right before ours and we ended up with Rakell and Gibby

Well I stand corrected... then indirect?

But I only brought it up because Rakell's goal was very Ryan-esque. The first thing I thought was I've seen that move before.

John

evomacky

we heff no effor
Jan 7, 2014
Anaheim, CA
overall, boring game, but Getzlaf and Rakell scoring was worth the wait.

ritchie needs to go back down. towards the end I think he threw the guys off and he looked lost.

broman

Mar 9, 2003
HEL's antechamber
Bieksa has an uncanny ability to turn into a complete passenger in a blink of an eye. Exhibit A the tying goal when he's mesmerized by the pass and just lets Pouliot slide into Freddie's face looking for a rebound.

Or the moment soon after when Cam runs into a bit of Oil backcheck with the puck as the last man down, and Kev just casually backtracks into opposite side boards with his stick up in the air, taking away the clear line of pass in the process.

It never seizes to amaze me how Bieksa does that, just disengaging completely and losing the plot, and with such alarming regularity. He isn't a complete trainwreck, he has his plateaus between the troughs, but boy the drops can be Grand Canyon scale. We are so scr*wed with that contract.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
As sexy as that goal was, take a look at Davidson's defence right there.

Just floating without a care in the world, not the slightest interest in trying to disrupt him even a little bit.

And all I hear are Edmonton fans pimping him to no end.

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
Wasn't really impressed by any EDM player this game except maybe Talbot and Yakupov.

Loved to see McDavid get dangled by Perron and Silfverberg, Manson winning a 2-on-1 board battle against Drai and Hall... It's the small things right? :D

Great game, and great finish by Rakell!

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Jesus Rakells hands are slick. That was the prettiest goal a Duck has scored since possibly Bobby Ryan.

190Octane

Jun 28, 2002
Fullerton, CA
As sexy as that goal was, take a look at Davidson's defence right there.

Just floating without a care in the world, not the slightest interest in trying to disrupt him even a little bit.

And all I hear are Edmonton fans pimping him to no end.

Davidson was in a tough spot there because he has to try and stop the pass also. With all the open ice in 3 on 3 and two of his teammates getting abused so badly there wasn't much he could do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad