Oil Lose for Matthews

sportsdynasty

Mar 31, 2011
www.nhltraderumors.me
Another first overall pick is the last thing we need--4 is anough

if we get another top 3 pick--i say we put it up for auction to address the other issues we have with out roster

It's not like a team will trade their #1D for the pick. We should keep the pick and hope it pans out. 4 is not enough, considering 2 of the 4 are busts.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Another first overall pick is the last thing we need--4 is anough

if we get another top 3 pick--i say we put it up for auction to address the other issues we have with out roster

This response makes me sad. More top picks will not solve the problem

Please name the players you believe we would get back, so we can all laugh at it.

Is RNH the only asset of value? I'd start with Eberle and this year's first rounder before I think of moving RNH. And if I'm moving RNH, I'm looking at an OEL-type or nothing.

RNH is the only asset of value as he is a Center. Wingers are currently the least valuable trading chip.

OEL is the backbone of the coyotes, as are other Dmen of his ilk. There is absolutely NO trade that they would make that would ever involve OEL or any player like him.

We would be lucky to get a 3/4 Dman for Eberle (Turris or Cowen range).
RNH might get us a 3/4 Dman with potential 1/2 upside (Seth Jones).

There are very few 'defense-rich' teams in need of scoring forwards.
Nashville and Montreal are the only 2 I can think of.

Last edited:

Broilers

May 31, 2007
Bakersfield
This response makes me sad. More top picks will not solve the problem

You must admit that the new rebuilding started when we won McDavid lottery. We will keep the pick and trade one of our core to get top pairing defense man. If we win the lottery RNH will be ticketed out of town if its later pick Eberle or Yakopov will see the new address.

Broilers

May 31, 2007
Bakersfield
RNH might get us a 3/4 Dman with potential 1/2 upside (Seth Jones).

And this is doable. Predators need 1st line center to win it all. I am sure that we can get their 1st rounder too if the deal is done before deadline. Fayne and RNH for Jones and 1st.

Nurse Jones
Klefbom Schultz
Davidson Sekera
Reinhart

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
And this is doable. Predators need 1st line center to win it all. I am sure that we can get their 1st rounder too if the deal is done before deadline. Fayne and RNH for Jones and 1st.

The only thing is, if Nashville tries to go Big Whale hunting, and go for Stamkos for their 1st, and E.Staal for their 2nd at the deadline.

They keep Jones, and have their run at the cup.

Totally agree with you though, that would be a very ideal situation.

Young Lions*

May 27, 2015
RNH is the only asset of value as he is a Center. Wingers are currently the least valuable trading chip.

OEL is the backbone of the coyotes, as are other Dmen of his ilk. There is absolutely NO trade that they would make that would ever involve OEL or any player like him.

RNH might get us a 3/4 Dman with potential 1/2 upside (Seth Jones)

Neither trade helps us in the short term. The issue with our blueline (hell the whole roster) is a lack of decent veterans to support the young talent we've got coming up. Adding yet another 21 year old and throwing him to the sharks is questionable enough, but when it comes at the expense of a forward group that is also heavy on youth and shallow in depth, you're entering the mouth of madness. At that point you're basically hoping and praying that neither McDavid or Drai misses any time with an injury or has an off year, while moving the window for contention another three or four years down the road.

Last edited:

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

Nurse Jones
Klefbom Schultz
Davidson Sekera
Reinhart

If you were Nashville, would you do that deal?

IAGTTAYM

Dec 15, 2006
Lucky to get Jared Cowen for Eberle?

200_s.gif

IAGTTAYM

Dec 15, 2006
Name me a Dman you think Eberle could fetch us.

(If it were Hamonic, it would've been done weeks ago).
I don't see the point of discussing trade proposals with someone that thinks Oilers would be lucky to get Jared Cowen for Eberle. We don't evaluate hockey players the same way.

chance

Embrace the Hate
Oct 9, 2006
In before the lock, we won't even be remotely close to picking him at the end of the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad