OHL Powerhouse Acquires McCarron from Knights

Frank JT

Feb 8, 2014
Just hope it will be good for his development. I thought Hunter was a good coach for him...

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Mike's teammates made sure his sendoff from London Knights would be special, the three of them getting 17 pts. in his last game with them.:handclap::handclap::handclap: Dal Colle will be in heaven having McBusters on his line, making space in abundance. Dakota Mermis added to the deal makes Oshawa's PP huge and probably his 3rd appearance in the Memorial Cup.:nod:

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
He was playing center in London right? Is he gonna stay at center on his new team?

I gotta admit I am getting a stiff one with the idea of him being a center in the nhl...

shamrun

Jun 5, 2008
vancouver
He was playing center in London right? Is he gonna stay at center on his new team?

I gotta admit I am getting a stiff one with the idea of him being a center in the nhl...

I on the other hand was hoping he would crash and bang in the corners as a winger. Intriguing prospect for sure. I know it was just a pre season game, but that game he played versus boston.... :handclap:

MarkovtoSubban

Mar 11, 2009
Toronto

Try picturing that one-two down the middle with the Bulldogs next year:

Andrighetto - De la Rose - Scherback
Hudon - McCarron - Bozon

That's a big bulge right there.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Try picturing that one-two down the middle with the Bulldogs next year:

Andrighetto - De la Rose - Scherback
Hudon - McCarron - Bozon

That's a big bulge right there.

McCarron may not play that many games in the AHL. And he is definitely not going to be playing behind deLaRose as an offensive C.

IF....McCarron does not make the Habs next year, expect him to be the number one C or RW in Hamilton.

A line of Andrighetto-McCarron-Scherbak might destroy the AHL.

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
Plenty of coattails to ride, should keep posting great numbers.

Really man? This McCarron-hating is getting so old. I know, I understand.

How dare Trevor Timmins pick someone I don't approve of in the 1st round. Without my benediction he'll automatically turn out into another David Fischer, Kyle Chipchura or Louis Leblanc!

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Really man? This McCarron-hating is getting so old. I know, I understand.

How dare Trevor Timmins pick someone I don't approve of in the 1st round. Without my benediction he'll automatically turn out into another David Fischer, Kyle Chipchura or Louis Leblanc!

I'm pretty sure the problem is not stemming from a playing perspective, but more likely a cultural one.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Will it ever stop? We need to play him in limited roles with very bad players so people can realize he's a bust, till then it's only smoke and mirors.

We should play Galchenyuk with Tangradi and Bowman.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
McCaron when from McBust to Crosby in like 6 months :laugh:

1.5 PPG average, 6'6, skates, hits, passes the puck, beast on the boards, plays with a mean streak and takes face-offs. We very well deserve to be ecstatic about the kid. Exageration or not, McCarron is playing a Lindros light game this season. He's everything the Habs need into 1 player, if he pans out.

dcal64

Jul 4, 2010
Ottawa
http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/schedule/show/game/68340
That's why London isn't contending, their defense is quite bad

You do realize they just traded away their most experienced D (Mermis) and their other top D (Bergman) is still playing in the WJHC?

London was contending, they just didn't have the assets to load up again to make a serious run for the championship, so they decided to sell players that wouldn't be back next year. Surprised they didn't trade Domi, could have gotten a lot for him, but I guess the fans would have been pretty upset.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad