OHL Playoffs - McJesus vs Nurse (the Kiss Blower!!) Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
... continue here. Last thread is almost at 1000 and with Game 4 just two hours away and two more games at least left in this series, we'll need a part 2.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
m8hsEmU.gif

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Whatever, if Nurse and his SSM Greyhounds lose the series you'll all be eating crow. He should be focused on winning, I'm sure Debrincat and Mcdavid will take his kisses with them all the way to the Memorial cup.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Whatever, if Nurse and his SSM Greyhounds lose the series you'll all be eating crow. He should be focused on winning, I'm sure Debrincat and Mcdavid will take his kisses with them all the way to the Memorial cup.

IF McDavid and Erie knocks out SSM, it will be because of McDavid taking over the series and SSM not being able to stop him... NOT because Nurse doesn't care about winning and blew kisses at an Erie player :laugh:

RCee

Oilers Anointed One
Apr 22, 2015
Heaven sent

no correlation... cannot compute.

Kestrel

Jan 30, 2005

I got your argument in the previous thread, but this is just stupid. Blowing kisses between plays hardly means he isn't focused on winning.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
IF McDavid and Erie knocks out SSM, it will be because of McDavid taking over the series and SSM not being able to stop him... NOT because Nurse doesn't care about winning and blew kisses at an Erie player :laugh:

yeah no dude, this is hfoil, those kisses will directly translate to everything nurse does in teh future. oh nurse got burned on a pinch.....shouldnt have been smootching his opponents in jr. oh no nurse passed the cup to eberle before xxxxx veteran...shouldnt have been blowing kisses vs erie.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Man, Raab's taking it on the chin in this thread. Wasn't my intention when I posted that gif, I just love Darnell.

Its funny because I have nothing against Nurse now and people still won't let it go. I see him as at least a #3 in the league with the way he developed. I question if he'll be a top pairing due to his offence though.

I really just think its dumb to aggravate good players who have been doing nothing in the series. Focus on winning and let them stay off their games. I'd honestly have liked it more if he had done it to Mcdavid because then theres the argument that he was trying to throw him off his game. But to do it to a guy who's been putting up points all regular season and playoffs but hasn't got one yet in this series is just stupid.

Also people seem to forget that I wanted Franson+Colbourne+Tor 1st for the 7th overall. Colbourne is looking good on a young Calgary team, Franson has put up more points then any Oilers defender since that time, came off a VERY good playoff series where it looked like he was about to turn the corner, and would have brought the puck moving ability this team desperately needs. And the Toronto 1st was 21st overall and we could have selected a guy like Shea Theodore or Burakovsky.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Watched the game the other night. McDavid is the best player I've ever seen in junior. Better than Crosby. I wasn't around to watch Lindros but the highly touted poster 'Mr.Writer' says that he believes McDavid is the best prospect since Lindros at least. Every shift that guy had a scoring opportunity it seemed.

And then Nurse. That guy played nearly 45 minutes of the game, doing his best to shut down McDavid. Nurse and McDavid are the two far-and-away standouts of this series, and we have both of them. The future is actually bright, I think.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007

Even though I tend to agree with you, there really is no way of proving a connection between Nurse's braindead taunting and the outcome of the series. Just like there is no way to prove that he is going to 'throw them off their game' by acting like that either.

It's an argument with no evidence either way in all fairness, but since much of hockey culture has this stuff ingrained into it, the majority see no issue with it. It is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad