OHL Playoffs - McDavid vs Nurse!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCee

Oilers Anointed One
Apr 22, 2015
Heaven sent
So uhh.. GUYS! Enough with this silly argument. How about predictions for the game tonight?

McDavid with a PP hatrick maybe? Maybe another SH goal? I predict another pedestrian 3 point night for him.

Nurse will continue to shutdown McDavid 5v5, maybe gets a goal and assist while he's at it.

I predict the SOO win this one and this series goes all the way to a 7 game barn-burner.

One can dream....

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
You guys are funny, I hate this **** from top players. I hate it even more when its against top players on the other team who aren't really doing anything in a game/series. Don't poke the beast. Trash talk is fine but with Nurse being the captain I expect more out of him. I wouldn't be surprised if the coach had a talk with him after the game.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
You guys are funny, I hate this **** from top players. I hate it even more when its against top players on the other team who aren't really doing anything in a game/series. Don't poke the beast. Trash talk is fine but with Nurse being the captain I expect more out of him. I wouldn't be surprised if the coach had a talk with him after the game.

Get over it already. :facepalm:

JoeCool16

Sep 9, 2011
Vancouver
So uhh.. GUYS! Enough with this silly argument. How about predictions for the game tonight?

McDavid with a PP hatrick maybe? Maybe another SH goal? I predict another pedestrian 3 point night for him.

Nurse will continue to shutdown McDavid 5v5, maybe gets a goal and assist while he's at it.

I predict the SOO win this one and this series goes all the way to a 7 game barn-burner.

One can dream....

Nurse won't be able to match his last effort probably, and I think that Erie takes over and wins this one and dominates in it. Nurse will look pretty good but very tired. Who knows though, I'm hoping to see something like last game again!

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Seems like some people here are confusing hockey with tea time or something.

The Oilers are in desperate need of a mean, nasty, **** disturber.. especially on the back end. How many times have we seen opposing teams run our goalie with barely a response from the Oilers? Have you guys watched the playoffs? Theres chirping and yapping going on everywhere on and off the ice.

This and what Nurse did are completely different things. Any player who doesn't have his team mates back has issues. One of the reasons I want some of the golden boys traded is that it's VERY apparent no one on this team has anyone else's back. Hopefully Chiarelli and a new coach can change that culture.

Topkatz

Jul 23, 2010
This and what Nurse did are completely different things. Any player who doesn't have his team mates back has issues. One of the reasons I want some of the golden boys traded is that it's VERY apparent no one on this team has anyone else's back. Hopefully Chiarelli and a new coach can change that culture.

Having multiple players like Nurse who you KNOW will have your back, so in return you have someone elses, is how you change the culture.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Having multiple players like Nurse who you KNOW will have your back, so in return you have someone elses, is how you change the culture.

Dont disagree, hopefully Nurse can bring that to the team when he gets here.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Dont force your hate upon others.
Klefbom seems like a gentleman.. Nurse's fire would compliment him nicely. Nurse would NOT be THE top player in EDM so he doesnt need to set a good example for rest of the team.

Eirhead*

I'm all for chirps, chippy play, and a bit of grease. What I don't like is a bunch of figure skaters who disappear from a game because they can't handle it. Nurse is as advertised and I hope he doesn't change.

scb23

Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton
I love what Nurse brings. It's called fire - the opposite of what Jultz brings. I have no problem with him blowing some kisses out there. Guess what? NHL players talk trash, it's part of the game! It's pretty common in sports.

Listen to Doughty mic'ed up - blowing kisses is downright respectable compared to that! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHNyFWd2Jdw

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
Dont force your hate upon others.
Klefbom seems like a gentleman.. Nurse's fire would compliment him nicely. Nurse would NOT be THE top player in EDM so he doesnt need to set a good example for rest of the team.

i am sick of "examples" on our team, I want the andrew ference that fingered the bell centre crowd and the ference who was up in everyones grill talking smack. not this watered down nuetered version because he is the captain and has to lead by some made up example. If you are a smack talker let your smack fly. its always been in the game and in sports at all levels and isnt going anywhere.,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad