Confirmed with Link: OHL can't return with on-ice contact, says government official

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
This will screw with prospect development, offensive guys will flourish while grinders become as useless as teats on a bull.

I can't see them playing games under the current Ontario restrictions.

They are even more restrictive than NY State is and we can't have games and are supposed to maintain physical distance during on-ice practices.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Well, given that there are AHL teams in Ontario, I would think there are issues with that league, as well.
So do we see the NHL expanding rosters this year? I recall reading about a potential 28 man roster this year. Maybe a 23 roster with 5 players who practice with the team but get “called up” Via waivers from their bubble. What a disaster.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
So do we see the NHL expanding rosters this year? I recall reading about a potential 28 man roster this year. Maybe a 23 roster with 5 players who practice with the team but get “called up” Via waivers from their bubble. What a disaster.

I think the problem becomes money.

The NHL owners are already being pressed financially. I doubt you see them expand rosters.

It will be very interesting to see what happens with all the minor leagues in the US until we get to the point that a vaccine allows for fans in the stands.

Reactions: Team Cozens

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Adams mentioned something about considering where/ when players' seasons would start for the draft.

I wonder if that's why they only took 1 Chler

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

The NHL owners are already being pressed financially. I doubt you see them expand rosters.

It will be very interesting to see what happens with all the minor leagues in the US until we get to the point that a vaccine allows for fans in the stands.
They’re going to have to expand rosters if they want a season.

The league schedule in and of itself is going to be a nightmare to work out. On top of that you think call ups are going to work as they did previously? With the level of testing the NHL needs to do and the lower leagues not having nearly the resources to do the same. I don’t see how there isn’t expanded rosters.

The owners are going to take a bath with little or no fans this upcoming season whether or not there are expanded rosters. Maybe work it out so that the extra guys get their minors salary unless they play in a game. They can work on ways to cut those costs down.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
They’re going to have to expand rosters if they want a season.

The league schedule in and of itself is going to be a nightmare to work out. On top of that you think call ups are going to work as they did previously? With the level of testing the NHL needs to do and the lower leagues not having nearly the resources to do the same. I don’t see how there isn’t expanded rosters.

The owners are going to take a bath with little or no fans this upcoming season whether or not there are expanded rosters. Maybe work it out so that the extra guys get their minors salary unless they play in a game. They can work on ways to cut those costs down.

A black aces squad that is getting paid a minor league salary unless elevated to the 23 man roster makes sense. But, I wouldn't exactly call that an expanded roster.

Reactions: sabresEH

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011

Hypothetically if they don't come up with a vaccine soon, what would the recovery rates from Covid have to be to allow fans back in and physical contact among the players? Current recovery rate is almost at 100%.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Hypothetically if they don't come up with a vaccine soon, what would the recovery rates from Covid have to be to allow fans back in and physical contact among the players? Current recovery rate is almost at 100%.

You would have to ask the powers that be in Ontario.

They are taking this much more seriously than in the US.

Reactions: joshjull

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
My hypothetical thought....

The AHL could operate a season in NY/PA area basing multiple teams in each city.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Trust me when I say there are many many people clowning the fool woman who dictated these rules for the OHL to operate.

People are getting tired of the BS from the Government.

It’s almost like forcing schools to open (but you can do online if you want), then throwing those smaller classes closer together has something to do with it. Or I guess it’s only active from 4pm-11pm but only goes to bars because this virus is a lush. Probably the second one mostly.

Reactions: YoSoyLalo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad