Oh no, not another one, seriously!@%#&!! [MOD Trade Weber?]

PredsHabs

Jul 9, 2013
Lyles,TN
Some food for thought.

1. We should have a healthy Rinne back this season and that will help with SOME of the problems this team faced last year.
GAA last year 2.84

2.This team will be different after this coming season.
1.Fisher likely to retire.
2.Cullen UFA
3.Wilson,Jarnkrok,Smith contract years
4.New Coach

3.Nashville has no top 3 offensive weapons. As much as we love Hornqvist and hope Smith can keep it going we lack true top line talent here. No one can argue that. #1 centers normally are drafted but we seem to never be at the right place to draft one. Last years draft was a prime example top four pick with three solid offensive pieces and one defender and who falls into our lap, Seth Jones.

4.We need serious help on the PK. The past two years have been abysmal to say the least.

5. LW is a weakness of this team as it sets now.
Cullen or Stalberg as top line LW will not get it. Forsberg could do it but is he ready yet?

6.If Shea Weber is patient and can wait so can I but if he starts hinting to Poile about adding more or I want a trade, then Poile can either trade him for assets or trade other pieces to add onto Weber.

7. I would like to see at least one true top six forward signed during free agency preferably a LW.

WartracePred

Sep 29, 2009
and then what? trade a top pair defenseman when we were poised for a Cup run??

At the very least trade him for a draft pick after he refuses to talk to Poile. Poile is paid well to manage his assets. He let an all star, franchise Dman waltz into free agency with ZERO return. Maybe he could've traded him before Christmas if he refused to sign an extension. I don't know what he should've done. I do know it was a massive failure to lose a huge asset for nothing. Suter could've landed at least a top 6 forward. If you approach a guy to sign an extension, and he wants to wait and see, shop him. He's not gonna sign. Suter didn't. Weber didn't. Rinne did.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
At the very least trade him for a draft pick after he refuses to talk to Poile. Poile is paid well to manage his assets. He let an all star, franchise Dman waltz into free agency with ZERO return. Maybe he could've traded him before Christmas if he refused to sign an extension. I don't know what he should've done. I do know it was a massive failure to lose a huge asset for nothing. Suter could've landed at least a top 6 forward. If you approach a guy to sign an extension, and he wants to wait and see, shop him. He's not gonna sign. Suter didn't. Weber didn't. Rinne did.

You really think there is a scenario where we traded Suter during that season and the message to Weber and the rest of the league wasnt "we cant keep anyone and care more about assets than a Cup run"?

Weve done the revisionist history on this for two years now. Time to move on. If you dont like Poile find something newer to hate on..

Predsrule

Nov 18, 2008
You really think there is a scenario where we traded Suter during that season and the message to Weber and the rest of the league wasnt "we cant keep anyone and care more about assets than a Cup run"?

Weve done the revisionist history on this for two years now. Time to move on. If you dont like Poile find something newer to hate on..

So much this. That season the big 3 were in contract years it was just as much about sending a msg to them and the rest of the NHL. Id rather have te playoff run we did have then the trade chips we would of got.

SeventyOneTN

Oct 26, 2009

We did not lose Suter for nothing after not trading him at Christmas. We got the remainder of the season of Suter. Which is exactly what somebody would have been trading for. You aren't trading a player, but the contract. It is like anyone who says we traded Hartnell and Timonen. We actually traded the right to negotiate with them before free agency. Getting anything for that was a coup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad