News Article: Oh My God - Another stroke for Letang

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I saw this from another poster….I don’t subscribe to DK…but someone please write a main board fan fiction article about this creepy relationship so we have something else to discuss besides that Christmas story lol…

“According to Danny Shirey of DK site, he did some digging after the Friedman report of trying to remove Kapanen, and Shirey states he didn't hear anything that would suggest the Penguins were trying or are trying to move Kapanen. Says he doubts they would "accept defeat" 2 months into a two-year deal.

Danny is newer, so let's hope he's wrong...but, he's probably right. GMs would rather drag their team through the dirt rather than fixing a mistake that admits they **** up in the first place.

Taylor also added that Kapanen and Letang are pretty close. Says Letang often has Kapanen over for dinner, Letang did that even more Kaps first season in Pittsburgh, and they have a weird, goofy relationship that includes meowing at each other during the pre-game soccer matches. “

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Why should they?

The player wants to continue to play. Let him. I've been told that living has a 100% fatality rate, though the hyper-rich are working on changing it.
I just think maybe the 36 year old with nothing left to play for should probably seriously consider retirement as opposed to continuing to rack up minuses and failing to put a pass into Geno's wheelhouse on the PP.

Maybe some docs don't think playing will increase the risk, but for a guy with a hole in his heart and two strokes before 40, I dunno, maybe don't even risk it and spend time with your family. /shrug

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Why should they?

The player wants to continue to play. Let him. I've been told that living has a 100% fatality rate, though the hyper-rich are working on changing it.
I just think maybe the 36 year old with nothing left to play for should probably seriously consider retirement as opposed to continuing to rack up minuses and failing to put a pass into Geno's wheelhouse on the PP.

Maybe some docs don't think playing will increase the risk, but for a guy with a hole in his heart and two strokes before 40, I dunno, maybe don't even risk it and spend time with your family. /shrug
Some people will play, some people will not risk playing.

He will be at full recovery, whatever that really is, and will be cleared. With a bit of an asterisks - he will most likely press on playing. Then. A year or two or three later, or a day, he'll have a scare.... or another stroke.... one day..... ded...

Will it have mattered? Will any of it have mattered?

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018

I find it highly unlikely that Letang goes to a life of low physical exertion.

This is what he loves to do.

IDK it's always the same vaguely political bent who do the "sports are stupid, sports are evil, health problems abound" routine but meanwhile keep watching.

Reactions: Zbynek and Fordy

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I saw this from another poster….I don’t subscribe to DK…but someone please write a main board fan fiction article about this creepy relationship so we have something else to discuss besides that Christmas story lol…

“According to Danny Shirey of DK site, he did some digging after the Friedman report of trying to remove Kapanen, and Shirey states he didn't hear anything that would suggest the Penguins were trying or are trying to move Kapanen. Says he doubts they would "accept defeat" 2 months into a two-year deal.

Danny is newer, so let's hope he's wrong...but, he's probably right. GMs would rather drag their team through the dirt rather than fixing a mistake that admits they **** up in the first place.

Taylor also added that Kapanen and Letang are pretty close. Says Letang often has Kapanen over for dinner, Letang did that even more Kaps first season in Pittsburgh, and they have a weird, goofy relationship that includes meowing at each other during the pre-game soccer matches. “
Hextall is overly patient as is, so this is not surprising.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I think Hossa lost most of his money in some weird shit Ponzy scheme or something
I think he made some shady investments, which pretty much every ex-NHLer here does. But his big thing was/is real estate. He owns a good chunk of the town of Trenčín, IIRC.

stastny12

Dec 26, 2018
Trencin, Slovakia
I think Hossa lost most of his money in some weird shit Ponzy scheme or something
I doubt it. He´s very smart with his money, which confirms the ownership of the company named HOSSA family – a leading manufacturer of frozen food products intended for both Slovak and foreign markets. On this link you can see how this company is doing – 40 million sales and a profit of almost 500 thousand euros. Unlike the United States, open source data is a thing in the slovakian "emerging market".

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
I doubt it. He´s very smart with his money, which confirms the ownership of the company named HOSSA family – a leading manufacturer of frozen food products intended for both Slovak and foreign markets. On this link you can see how this company is doing – 40 million sales and a profit of almost 500 thousand euros. Unlike the United States, open source data is a thing in the slovakian "emerging market".
So you would agree that he wouldn't keep playing for the money, so, when his play sucked, and his cap hit was insane, it would be easy to fake retire to help out one of the most disgusting franchises in the league?

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
981e00f87c8f5014b2cd1cfc3992a8805cc361a0.gif

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Speak English you limey wankers!

Is there a decent overview of the Hossa stuff somewhere?

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
Letang doesn't have a blood clot, he has a hole in his heart. There is basically no treatment for that as far as I know.
CVICU Nurse here. The hole in his heart (called a patent foramen ovale) increases the risk of him developing a blood clot because instead of blood moving through the heart normally, small amounts of blood can regurgitate and stay in the heart. Instead of speeding through the circulatory system it stays in the heart and forms a tiny clot. That clot can then go into the arteries that feed heart muscle (a heart attack), the arteries that feed the lungs (a pulmonary embolism), or the arteries that feed the brain (a stroke)

Something like 80% of strokes are thrombolic, meaning they are from a blood clot. The others are from brain bleeds. So to say "Letang doesn't have a blood clot" is probably incorrect.

This sounds like it was a very minor and self-resolving stroke known as a Transient Ischemic Attack. He'll probably be fine but it's still very scary.

Reactions: BusinessGoose

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad