News Article: Oh My God - Another stroke for Letang

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
Damn, dude. That’s insane. Hope he can bounce back from this one like he did the last, even just for his livelihood. Who cares about hockey at this point?

Reactions: Andy99

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
Damn, dude. That’s insane. Hope he can bounce back from this one like he did the last, even just for his livelihood. Who cares about hockey at this point?

He doesn't need to play again for the sake of his livelihood tbh. There's no way the Pens wouldn't make sure he was set for life, one way or the other.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

Looks like he doesn't share the same thoughts, but yeah.

Reminds me of the Pascal Dupuis situation where he kept trying to play through something he shouldn't have.

Hopefully Tanger is OK and this doesn't affect him going forward. But I think at some point he needs to prioritize his health and his family over returning.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Reminds me of the Pascal Dupuis situation where he kept trying to play through something he shouldn't have.

Hopefully Tanger is OK and this doesn't affect him going forward. But I think at some point he needs to prioritize his health and his family over returning.

I think the difference with that is Dupuis was lying about his condition. But I agree.

Reactions: Shady Machine

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
He doesn't need to play again for the sake of his livelihood tbh. There's no way the Pens wouldn't make sure he was set for life, one way or the other.
Agreed. But like the Tweets above suggest, I’m sure it’d be hard for a guy like Letang to stomach not going out on his own terms.

Just feel for the guy and his family. Even Sid and Geno have to feel awful.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

I agree but I think Dupuis' case was a bit worse because of the specific diagnosis. I think Dupuis returning to play was way riskier than Letang returning to play.

Letang shouldn't be trying to returning, but you know he will.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
We may mock his play on the ice but we all like Letang. He's 35 and has a family, the game isn't important enough to risk being there for his family. I know he'll want to play, he'll be medically cleared etc. But should he? LTIR him so he has the insurance and can take care of his family, but the first one really did a number on him, the fact that he had a second one at 35 isn't good even if they're downplaying the severity of it. A stroke is a stroke.

Hope him and his family are doing well.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

Immediately thought of this too. Dupuis admitted later in the players tribune that he was stupid to do that and was lucky he didn't have his life shortened. Letang needs to take a hard look at life vs a game.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Sucks for Letang. Wishing he makes a speedy recovery and thinks about his health and family before rushing back if he does at all.

In terms of the team, that hurts a bunch. Thankfully Petry was brought in and can absorb those minutes.

Opens up a healthy portion of cap for maneuverability with LTIR. If he can regain his health and come back for the playoffs and we somehow make it, could have a healthy Letang plus whatever else we can bring in with his money.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Sending positive vibes to Pens fans and Letang. Scary to see a professional athlete suffer from this so young and he even has a history with it. Game is better with him on the ice, but he's also won his cups and got a fresh contract and is set for life, so hopefully he makes the right decision. Only he knows what that is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad