Speculation: Offseason Thread #12: Who is traded next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
I am much more interested to see what develops next now that we have a general feeling of the type of deal Gorton is looking at. Feels impossible that he doesn't make more moves now.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I have to feel Gerbe and Grabner will be regulars. Signed both on day 1 of UFA. In saying that, Gerbe and Fast are most likely interchangeable as far as 3rd and 4th line wings. Grabner on the other wing on the 4th.

Still holding out hope Gorton can find a way to use a forward to bolster the defense.

Stepan
Kreider
Miller
Zib
MZA
Hayes
Nash
Buch
Grabner
Gerbe
Jooris
Fast
Lindberg

Jensen maybe.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Reilly Smith is in the same position as Kreider. 1991 birthdates. Smith had a year remaining on his contract. He signed an extension starting in 17-18 worth 5 years/$25M which includes 4 group III years. A five year contract for Kreider would include just 3 group 3 years. Their points per game are the same. Smith is at .53. Kreider is at .52. Both of them are good playoff performers. Chris has a longer resume in the playoffs. Smith got a limited NTC in years 2-4. He picks 8 teams he can not be traded to.

Kyle Palmieri got 5 years and $23.25M. $4.65M. 2 arbitration and 3 group 3 years. That would be the same as Kreider for 5 years. He has the same NTC for 8 teams in all 3 group 3 years.

5 years for Kreider is 3 group 3 years. Smith got $5M for 4 group 3 years.

The Rangers are offering $4.75M which is right between Palmieri and Smith.

Limited NTC for 8 teams. He picks the 7 Canadian teams and one U.S. based team. :nod:

Front load the contract like the Brassard contract.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
I have to feel Gerbe and Grabner will be regulars. Signed both on day 1 of UFA. In saying that, Gerbe and Fast are most likely interchangeable as far as 3rd and 4th line wings. Grabner on the other wing on the 4th.

Still holding out hope Gorton can find a way to use a forward to bolster the defense.

Stepan
Kreider
Miller
Zib
MZA
Hayes
Nash
Buch
Grabner
Gerbe
Jooris
Fast
Lindberg

Jensen maybe.

You forgot Vesey:popcorn:

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Reilly Smith is in the same position as Kreider. 1991 birthdates. Smith had a year remaining on his contract. He signed an extension starting in 17-18 worth 5 years/$25M which includes 4 group III years. A five year contract for Kreider would include just 3 group 3 years. Their points per game are the same. Smith is at .53. Kreider is at .52. Both of them are good playoff performers. Chris has a longer resume in the playoffs. Smith got a limited NTC in years 2-4. He picks 8 teams he can not be traded to.

Kyle Palmieri got 5 years and $23.25M. $4.65M. 2 arbitration and 3 group 3 years. That would be the same as Kreider for 5 years. He has the same NTC for 8 teams in all 3 group 3 years.

5 years for Kreider is 3 group 3 years. Smith got $5M for 4 group 3 years.

The Rangers are offering $4.75M which is right between Palmieri and Smith.

Limited NTC for 8 teams. He picks the 7 Canadian teams and one U.S. based team. :nod:

Front load the contract like the Brassard contract.

Yup. Sounds about right.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I remember posting about how the Rangers should trade for Reilly Smith in last year's off-season, and up until the middle of the year last year.

Everyone kept telling me he sucks.

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo

Stepan
Kreider
Miller
Zib
MZA
Hayes
Nash
Buch
Grabner
Gerbe
Jooris
Fast
Lindberg

Jensen maybe.

I have always been a fan of Gerbe but I can't se a proper fit for him in this team? We need to develop and build up a forth line just we need to redraw the blue line. Were does he fit in the in this process? I would rather have my coach working with the talent Jensen posses which is rather good. He's big he can skate and score.

LaffyTaffy

Brooklyn-Belarussian
Feb 1, 2016
Brooklyn, NY

Stepan
Kreider
Miller
Zib
MZA
Hayes
Nash
Buch
Grabner
Gerbe
Jooris
Fast
Lindberg

Jensen maybe.

I dont see the correlation between July 1st signings and regular roster players, you'd have to think that a 5'4 player would have to work hard to earn a roster spot that 3 or 4 other guys will be competing for. Grabner and Jooris i believe will be regulars, Jensen and Gerbe i think will be go-to backups.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I remember posting about how the Rangers should trade for Reilly Smith in last year's off-season, and up until the middle of the year last year.

Everyone kept telling me he sucks.

Something, something soft floater, soft floater

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
I believe Fast is a lock, but Jooris, Gerbe, Grabner, Glass, Jensen and Hrivik will battle it out at camp. I don't think any of them have a pass. Heck, if Buch cant hang in camp, he could start in Hartford.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I have always been a fan of Gerbe but I can't se a proper fit for him in this team? We need to develop and build up a forth line just we need to redraw the blue line. Were does he fit in the in this process? I would rather have my coach working with the talent Jensen posses which is rather good. He's big he can skate and score.

Gerbe can score. The guy is a solid forechecker, tireless worker and he knows what to do on the defensive side of the puck. I think he will surprise some people.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Unfortunately, I think it'll be Zucc, that's traded next. I can't see any other trades happening in the foreseeable future. We have our 8 d-men set, and the forwars are also pretty much saturated, when the last RFA's are signed.

Vesey won't sign here. I won't believe any of it until the 16th of August or so.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
As others have discussed, we could get great value for Zuccarello right now.

My questions are: what teams would be interested and what could we REALISTICALLY look at for a return?

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I'd absolutely hate to move Zucc, but that's my personal bias overshadowing any rationality for improving the team long term. The guy's a gamer, our most skilled offensive forward, and honestly just one of the most lovable players we've had.

That being said, Gorton set a framework for any similar type of deal: young, improving RFA that has the potential to be an impact player and a 1st or a 2nd rounder. Zucc has more value than Brassard.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
I'd absolutely hate to move Zucc, but that's my personal bias overshadowing any rationality for improving the team long term. The guy's a gamer, our most skilled offensive forward, and honestly just one of the most lovable players we've had.

That being said, Gorton set a framework for any similar type of deal: young, improving RFA that has the potential to be an impact player and a 1st or a 2nd rounder. Zucc has more value than Brassard.

And he will for another year or 2... the contract, player and production mean more to the Rangers than trading him imo.

I think the Rangers look at one more deal... and they give up a piece and something to get the type of player you described.

Such as Kreider to ARI for Conner Murphy and Tobias Rider. Picks/Prospects to balance if need be.

Kreider to VAN for Tanev as the centerpieces, but more players are moved.

A Kreider/Klein package for Trouba and something.

Nash with money back for Theodore/Silfverberg and something.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey

My questions are: what teams would be interested and what could we REALISTICALLY look at for a return?
Any team that isn't overflowing with wingers and/or playmakers. Considering his age, term, and cap, I think he would be interesting to teams at any stage, i.e. rebuilding, contending, middle-of-the-pack, etc.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Realistically, who else could they trade? Miller just signed so he's off the table. Zibanejad obviously not. Stepan has to be off the table after trading Brassard. With the way they've talked about Hayes, I don't see him being dealt. Kreider could be I suppose if negotiations take a major turn for the worse but it doesn't seem like they're too far off.

That leaves Nash and Zuccarello. Nash the value isn't there right now.

On D, Klein seems like a candidate to me. Girardi and Staal I'm sure they'd love to find a way out but that's not possible right now.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site

You fill needs and future proof yourself. I think Zuc is a guy who is worth way more to the Rangers intrinsically than it is to trade him.

However, if I were to entertain offers... I would say NHL ready RHD...NHL ready potential top 9 forward or current top 9 player... with one of the two having high upside.

Like Theodore and Cogliano. Take some salary back... but helps the other team out... the prime piece is Shea... Cogliano fills a very solid and reliable set of NHL roles.

PK... puck transporter... chaser... shutdown guy.. can play center or LW... can complement a top 6 unit to protect leads if a guy like Buch isn't going to be put out in that situation.

Theodore is a primetime player... just an outstanding skater... with high high hockey IQ. Whiz kid smart. Processes the game very well... doesn't make a lot of mistakes.

Physically not fully mature... once he does... he's a top tier D-Man... 2-3 years away from that.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
You fill needs and future proof yourself. I think Zuc is a guy who is worth way more to the Rangers intrinsically than it is to trade him.

However, if I were to entertain offers... I would say NHL ready RHD...NHL ready potential top 9 forward or current top 9 player... with one of the two having high upside.

Like Theodore and Cogliano. Take some salary back... but helps the other team out... the prime piece is Shea... Cogliano fills a very solid and reliable set of NHL roles.

PK... puck transporter... chaser... shutdown guy.. can play center or LW... can complement a top 6 unit to protect leads if a guy like Buch isn't going to be put out in that situation.

Theodore is a primetime player... just an outstanding skater... with high high hockey IQ. Whiz kid smart. Processes the game very well... doesn't make a lot of mistakes.

Physically not fully mature... once he does... he's a top tier D-Man... 2-3 years away from that.

Left handed though, right? McDonagh, Staal, Skjei, Holden, Graves playing lights out in the AHL already last year... This team needs righties far more than it needs lefties, especially if we're talking about guys on the cusp, as opposed to prospects 3-5 years away.

KreiderHouseRules*

DO NOT TRADE ZUCCARELLO.

This isn't a re-build.

Brass for Zibanejad and a 2nd is overpayment by the Sens. You have to take that deal regardless, not to mention Zibanejad fills more of a dynamic need that we don't have enough of.

As much as I loved and still love him as a player, we already have a Brassard in Stepan, who is about the same offensively, better defensively, and younger.

Zibanejad adds that right handed SHOOTER (one-timers from the Ovechkin spot as a primary threat is how all the good PPs do it these days, and that threat opens up so many other options as well.

Stepan doesn't have the shot.
Brassard is another lefty.
Zibanejad has an insane shot, both accuracy-wise and velocity on both his slapper and wrister shots. Amazing hands in tight. And still improving as he's just scratched the surface in the NHL and is only entering his prime years.

Finally the Rangers got a player like that before his best years (most likely), AND a 2nd out of it.

Nash Zibanjad Buchnevich
Kreider Stepan Zuccarello

That's an amazing top-6. I'm just calling it a gut feeling, but based on skillsets and how they like to play (give and go's), I really think Zib and Buch will play well together and a veteran like Nash who can bull to the net and create space for his linemates to possess the puck and create seems like the perfect fit IMO.

Ok, I'm excited.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge

Fix.
The.
Defense.

Cn2eRKmXYAUEyO-.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad