Offseason Poll #1: Which move will have the biggest impact on the team's performance?

Which move will have the biggest impact on the team's performance this season?

• Total voters

Dieseloil

Jul 31, 2016
Team structure will be most important thing, can the backend play tighter and the forwards help out more? Not having Smith and Keith can be a positive, to me they were a weak link in the playoffs. Coaching is the biggest thing though, in Wood we trust.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Coaching and goaltending almost equally.

I'd be inclined to say this. Goaltending can absolutely steal you games, but I feel we went into this thinking, we just need goaltending that isn't going to lose us games. Smith provided some thievery, but he also was a freaking rollercoaster and you never knew what was going to happen next. I'm not sure Campbell is capable of nightly thievery, but I'm hoping he's just robustly solid.

I'll go with Woodcroft and Mason, somewhat because they've had a very positive influence on the roster so far and now have time to implement more of their system, but mostly because they've had time with the prospects coming up (mostly on defense with Samorukov, Desharnais, Niemo, and Broberg) that may result in quicker plug and play options to help shore up a leaky backend.

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
Kane because his goal scoring helps you win more during the season. Even still with the way this roster is constructed, I don't think our record improves much from last year. Unless we get another top 4 D of course. Then there's a very good chance we at least make the cup final.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad