Offseason Poll #1: Which move will have the biggest impact on the team's performance?

Which move will have the biggest impact on the team's performance this season?

• Total voters

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
During the last two offseasons I've run a series of polls to compare various things about the team. It's always fun to see what the HFOil community thinks! :)

The first poll includes the biggest moves of the offseason - which one do you think will have the biggest impact on the Oilers' performance this season?

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Coaching and goaltending almost equally.

Was interesting listening to goalie guru Kevin Woodley on the PDOcast podcast talk about how flawed it is that teams bring in goalies and expect them to be able to adjust to the system rather than coaches creating a system around a goalie's strengths. Hopefully Brad Holland and Jay Woodcroft are new school enough to consider this with Campbell.

Last edited:

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
Perhaps this will be the year we will be surprised by the impact of a prospect--perhaps after Xmas.

Here's my ultimate hot-take prediction:

Bourgault forces Woodcroft's hand and becomes a regular season mainstay on right-wing in place of Pulju. :naughty:

(I know, I know, he's a center...but one can dream...)

Reactions: Oilhawks

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
Why would they trade Yamo, he had a slow start still scored 20 goals, .5 point per game, loved by the team, plays way bigger than he is and was a workhorse in the playoffs. All in his first full NHL season.

Sorry quoted the wrong post

Reactions: capazzo

Kaptah

Jul 15, 2007
Why would they trade Yamo, he had a slow start still scored 20 goals, .5 point per game, loved by the team, plays way bigger than he is and was a workhorse in the playoffs. All in his first full NHL season.

Sorry quoted the wrong post
I'm sure Ken will tell us afterwards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad