Offseason (GM + Coach) Part V | Brisson out | Everything's Coming Up Morehouse!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I would agree with that, even considering Winnipeg might not want or have any use for DP.

Yeah I'm not seeing why they'd want him. If they're looking for a D-man, it's for immediate help in a top 4 LD.

If they're trading Kane, it's a change of scenery move in hopes of building a deeper team.

Personally, I'd have anyone not named Sid/Geno on the table and build the deal from there.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
So Trotz will be the new Caps coach? don't think it will work well for Ovechkin, guy is coach cancer.

Dan Bylsma would have been the perfect coach for Ovechkin. DB never holds his stars accountable and lets them play any way they want.

Iron Mike

May 7, 2012
Depaoli from TIOPS (I know) is floating the idea of Letang to the Isles for the 5th overall pick. Thoughts?

Ogelthorpe

Who do you play for?
Jul 21, 2010
Depaoli from TIOPS (I know) is floating the idea of Letang to the Isles for the 5th overall pick. Thoughts?

I think that is a horrible return for Letang. A guy 1 season removed from a Norris trophy nomination pulls way more than that......especially in a draft that is considered to be weak.

strandvag

Feb 14, 2014
Stockholm/San Diego
Because we NEED to get rid of Orpik, Scuderi, and Niskanens future is undecided. getting rid of Letang makes our D too unexperienced.

Last edited:

Sideline

May 23, 2004

I remember reading the Lightning offered the 3rd overall (Drouin or Jones) and any prospect in their system for Letang last year. That's the kind of value I'd want.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I do wonder though what the next GM will do here. Will he immediately come in and make some sweeping changes? Or will he let things be as they may, and use next year to evaluate the team? I don't think it's at all out of the question that a guy who has been watching the team from afar will see something things he wants to change, and may want to do it immediately...even if they are players we consider "core."

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Pretty weak value for someone of Letang's calibre but if you threw in a good roster player (Okposo is about the only one who fits the bill), and it might work. Really though other than that pick the Islanders don't have much in the way of players who can make us a better team right now. Not available players anyway.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh

I dunno how you can come up with trade rumors for a team who doesn't have a GM.

Saying that the Isles are the type of team and Snow is the type of GM who you could see taking a chance on Letang.

Hottubber

Feb 9, 2010
The 5th overall, another top forward prospect and Matt Martin is a deal from the isles that wouldn't be bad.

Everyone would want okposo but he ain't going anywhere.

Iron Mike

May 7, 2012
I wonder if the Isles would really consider this because they already lost their first in next years draft. That would be Shero-esque pick management.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I dunno how you can come up with trade rumors for a team who doesn't have a GM.

Saying that the Isles are the type of team and Snow is the type of GM who you could see taking a chance on Letang.

Yeah the rumor is BS. But I could see a team like the Isles willing to give up their pick this year+top prospect to get them closer to the postseason for the foreseeable future.

I'd still rather have a proven NHL forward coming back. Avs fan on the mainboard agreed to a Maatta+Sutter for ROR deal. We have the assets to bring in an elite forward. Pursue that.

themethod7

Jan 25, 2013
NWPA
I remember reading the Lightning offered the 3rd overall (Drouin or Jones) and any prospect in their system for Letang last year. That's the kind of value I'd want.

Now see, if we're talking a return that's some combination of Drouin/Jones + Kucherov, Vasilevsky, Killorn, or Palat... :amazed:

Iron Mike

May 7, 2012
They've just signed Halak, there is no point of them tanking anyways with '15 pick going to Buffalo. Offseason has barely started.

Halak is a decent signing, although I soured on him after his Washington stint. It is just tough to build a team giving up consecutive first round picks. Even more difficult when they will both probably be top-10. They would need to be very creative with how they would bring in talent to fill out the roster without those picks. I don't really trust Snow to do that. If they could, that contract will look better in 3-4 years.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Trade off everybody and get in position for, McDavid. Profit!

Would you do it?

Out:

Letang
Fleury
Sutter
Scuderi
Orpik
Niskanen

In:

Draft picks
Prospects

Have a losing season--->chance at McDavid.

It would be shaping into that if they start unloading all those contracts. Would be easily sold off with the big change happening.

Sidney Crosby approves.

s090807_crosby.jpg

You guys do too going by wanting the youth movement. Tankers without even knowing it.

Suckas....

Our avatars this year should be..

1401042765870541_zps8aea44c5.png
140104276587054_zpse6aea7d6.png

Edit: Would this not piss off the rest of the fan bases.:laugh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad