Offseason GDT III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
I think DL has something up his sleeve. I'm thinking King for Folin and a pick and then he moves one of Gravel or Forbort for a pick or a change in philosophy winger for the bottom 6.

Doughty-McNabb
Muzzin-Martinez
Greene-Folin
Forbort

Jul 31, 2005
CA
I think DL has something up his sleeve. I'm thinking King for Folin and a pick and then he moves one of Gravel or Forbort for a pick or a change in philosophy winger for the bottom 6.

Doughty-McNabb
Muzzin-Martinez
Greene-Folin
Forbort

I agree, I really think the Kings are gonna have a different dynamic in the bottom 6. Too many slow, plodding players who cannot put up points in todays game. With quicker players the Kings would be able to generate some offense in defensive situations. I'd like to see a line similar to the Donnelly-Millen-Granato line in 92-93. With Brown locked in you're not gonna get that but if you paired him with a quicker center and a quicker left wing you'd have the combo of shooter-passer-"grinder" most teams want on a line.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
If LA trades Gravel and then turns around to acquire Folin I'll be pissed. Forbort I could care less about.

I don't see a significant upgrade out there. Trim some fat and let the rookies play. It is the way of the cap world in the NHL.

The only UFA I'd actually like is Frans Neilsen. All the talk about dmen, 3rd line center is also glaring weakness.

Dowd showed more panache than Shore. Amadio is a couple seasons away. If you can't significantly upgrade d, at least get some help up front.

Gabby Kopitar Kempe
Pearson Carter Toffoli
Mersch Neilsen Brown
Clifford Dowd Andreoff
Nolan

Trade King and Shore for picks. Let Lewis walk.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

Doughty-McNabb
Muzzin-Martinez
Greene-Folin
Forbort

If a pick comes with Frolin for King sure. Not sold that Frolin is that much of an upgrade on Gravel though.

If we are dealing Forbort or Gravel for picks I would rather it be forbort just do to him being waiver eligible, plus I really like what I saaw from gravel in his brief callup.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
If LA trades Gravel and then turns around to acquire Folin I'll be pissed. Forbort I could care less about.

I don't see a significant upgrade out there. Trim some fat and let the rookies play. It is the way of the cap world in the NHL.

The only UFA I'd actually like is Frans Neilsen. All the talk about dmen, 3rd line center is also glaring weakness.

Dowd showed more panache than Shore. Amadio is a couple seasons away. If you can't significantly upgrade d, at least get some help up front.

Gabby Kopitar Kempe
Pearson Carter Toffoli
Mersch Neilsen Brown
Clifford Dowd Andreoff
Nolan

Trade King and Shore for picks. Let Lewis walk.

Is Neilsen that much of an upgrade on Lewis? Why not re-sign lewis for likely less $$ and have him play 3C?

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Yes, much better offense with same defense.

52 points last season.

so what will he command?

I feel like there should be some sort of conversion where you take a players points on a nother team and can convert to what that would have been on the kings. 52 points with the islanders = 30 with LA sort of thing.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
so what will he command?

I feel like there should be some sort of conversion where you take a players points on a nother team and can convert to what that would have been on the kings. 52 points with the islanders = 30 with LA sort of thing.

True that. He is a very underrated player. Probably cost less than Lucic but not by much.

Plekanec is rumored available too. His hit is reasonable.

It's all hypothetical tho. Doubt LA is targeting a center. I just feel like the lines slot in better with a legit 3rd line pivot.

Hoping to be surprised in a good way with a d acquisition but looks like LA won't be all that different on the back end. Find myself hoping Greene is miraculously back to his 2012 self.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
True that. He is a very underrated player. Probably cost less than Lucic but not by much.

Plekanec is rumored available too. His hit is reasonable.

It's all hypothetical tho. Doubt LA is targeting a center. I just feel like the lines slot in better with a legit 3rd line pivot.

Hoping to be surprised in a good way with a d acquisition but looks like LA won't be all that different on the back end. Find myself hoping Greene is miraculously back to his 2012 self.

His hit is $6M a year. I like him but that would be an overpaid #3C

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
from eklund

On Okposo...

This looks like a two horse race with LA and Minnesota....Both places make some sense.

Both teams with cap issues so not sure if either makes sense.

LA has plenty of RW depth so why pick up Okposo? I imagine he would be looking for term similar to lucic, so why not just re-sign lucic who fits the wing of need.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Will he sign for 3-4 years?

Don't know if it makes sense.

LA has plenty of RW depth so why pick up Okposo? I imagine he would be looking for term similar to lucic, so why not just re-sign lucic who fits the wing of need.

to me it does

Gaborik kopitar okposo
pearson carter toffoli
mersch dowd brown
clifford andreoff nolan

gives kopitar someone with skill to play with

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
to me it does

Gaborik kopitar okposo
pearson carter toffoli
mersch dowd brown
clifford andreoff nolan

gives kopitar someone with skill to play with

That works, but more does it make sense that Okposo will sign a significantly different contract then Lucic?

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com

He will want similar term, I'm sure, but he could have a lower AAV. Maybe $5.5MM?

Not as many miles on him as Lucic either. Okposo isn't soft per se but he hasn't been in as many battles as Lucic.

I'd be pretty surprised if it happened. UFA prices are too high so I can't see LA being in on any name players.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Kings also know how Lucic fits in the system and with players. I don't think we'll be seeing a high priced UFA wing coming in.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Will he sign for 3-4 years?

Don't know if it makes sense.

Isles aren't noted for their free spending and Okposo is thought to be asking for a LTC in the 6 to 6.5 M range.

ANd he's from Minny, might be an edge but they are at 63M with only 8 forwards signed. and need a backup goalie.

Need to buyout Vanek and is 6.5m and make some room.

He's been pretty consistent, as cited , only 6 players in the league with equal to or slightly less pts over the last 3 yrs. He has 184 pts in 210 games in that span.

http://dumpandchase.sportsblog.com/...to-allow-kyle-okposo-to-test-free-agency.html

For the sake of comparison, only six players have scored equal to or a tad less than Okposo's 184 points over the last three years. They are Colorado's Matt Duchene ($6 million cap hit), Vancouver's Daniel Sedin ($7 million cap hit), Edmonton's Taylor Hall ($6 million cap hit), Florida's Jaromir Jagr ($4 million cap hit), Buffalo's Ryan O'Reilly ($6 million cap hit) and St. Louis' Alexander Steen ($5.8 million cap hit). Over those three seasons, Okposo has played 210 games and is 24th in the NHL overall in scoring. Pretty solid, right?

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
I really hope Lombardi addresses the ****ing defense before we go after someone like Okposo. Its going to be a repeat of last year if that happens. I wouldn't mind Nielson. Its still early though...

Last edited:

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
Kings also know how Lucic fits in the system and with players. I don't think we'll be seeing a high priced UFA wing coming in.

I agree. Who cares if Lucic has more miles on him? He's the better player and I'll take the better player if both get offered the same deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad