Speculation: Offseason Free Agency thread

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
It make more sense signing a 27 years old player for depth than a Semin and Hemsky that we know they are going to bring nothing. Galchenyuk can bring goals.
We had ZERO depth in those days. They were plugs for the holes we had. On the wing alone, we have:
Drouin
Hoffman
Caufield
Gally
Toffoli
Armia
Lehkonen
Byron
Perrault
Pacquette
Poehling
Etc
Where does Chucky even fit???

Reactions: Schooner Guy

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
I'm still optimistic Galchenyuk will magically put it all together :laugh: It hurt when he had that good game against us in the first round but he made up for it in the end :naughty:

Realistically we're probably one of the worst teams for him to sign for unless we're the only team offering a contract he's just not going to outwork any of our wingers into the lineup. Unless they want to try him down the middle again after all these years now that would be hilarious

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
I'm still optimistic Galchenyuk will magically put it all together :laugh: It hurt when he had that good game against us in the first round but he made up for it in the end :naughty:

Realistically we're probably one of the worst teams for him to sign for unless we're the only team offering a contract he's just not going to outwork any of our wingers into the lineup. Unless they want to try him down the middle again after all these years now that would be hilarious

...hilarious isn't the word I'd use in this circumstance...:help:

Jul 6, 2016
...and Bargain Bin has ALWAYS been 100% honest & forthright in his dealings with the Media, right??...:dunno:

...bringing in Galchenyuk or any other winger (except maybe a LEGIT Star) is a terrible idea right now...we need a RD PMD and a vet Middle Six C...these should be Priority...

Don't you think MB could not trade some of his numerous wingers for the type of players you are requesting ?

Anyway, Galchy should play in Anaheim or SJ...or KHL.

Fandangle

Apr 29, 2018
Everyone wants to remember the classic Galch gaff that cost the leafs and gave us the series. They forget how he took over a game to put us on the brink 3-1. I would take a "sober" motivated Galchenyuk in the playoffs over Drouin, Tuna, or Domi any day.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
PLD would blend in quite nicely and take some of the heat away from KK and Suzuki. He's really not a shut down type though, people can't expect him to fill the role Danault had. I don't know what type of a deal we could make that would work for the Jets if they don't want to take too much cap back though... Something around Poehling? Drouin doesn't work obviously, too much money.
PLD is good at both sides of the rink . Give a look at the hockey he played against the Leafs during the POs 2 season ago

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad