Offseason - Are we going to Overpay for a Bottom 6 FA

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Fletcher hinted that he's looking to steal an RFA from a capped out team rather than going bat**** in the UFA market.

Makes sense, better to overpay a 24 year old than a 29-30 year old on a 7 year deal.
Hartman should cost about $2 to 2.5M a year on a 2-3 year deal.

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
i could be wrong but, i don't think they will , judging from the mess this team is. of course if they overpay then it's always possible. if all they care about is the money.
The flyers have always been a destination for free agents. Top class organization, treats its players right. A free agent might like it elsewhere, but this organization won’t stop someone from coming. And are they really a mess? Only 1 unproductive contract left. Mac for only 1 year. Young players throughout the organization. A possible franchise goalie who is 20. A lot of fans would love to have this mess on their hands.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I think with Hartman he might try to move Laughton. Also, if they sign a player like Panarin, I think lindblom could fraud bait as well.

There are a lot of possibilities for this summer. One possibility that can’t be an option is not significantly improving this roster. High end talent is needed.

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
The flyers have always been a destination for free agents. Top class organization, treats its players right. A free agent might like it elsewhere, but this organization won’t stop someone from coming. And are they really a mess? Only 1 unproductive contract left. Mac for only 1 year. Young players throughout the organization. A possible franchise goalie who is 20. A lot of fans would love to have this mess on their hands.
i respect your opinion, but at this time, i don't agree with this being a destination or that it is a first class orginazation, not with how it's being run and the results it has produced over the last few years. hopefully they do some things to change that soon.

Reactions: Brayden Fattison

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I think with Hartman he might try to move Laughton. Also, if they sign a player like Panarin, I think lindblom could fraud bait as well.

There are a lot of possibilities for this summer. One possibility that can’t be an option is not significantly improving this roster. High end talent is needed.

Actually we probably have enough high end forward talent if Lindblom and Patrick keep improving.
We're adding Frost, and Farabee this year or next year. With JVR and Hartman we go 9 deep.

What's killed us the past few years:
1) other than Mason, bad goaltending, even when Elliott played well, he couldn't stay healthy
2) bottom six forwards, we have had to play 4-5 guys who were 4th line quality or worse
3) defense, when was the last time we rolled three pairs where you didn't have to cover your eyes?

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Fletcher hinted that he's looking to steal an RFA from a capped out team rather than going bat**** in the UFA market.
I mean that points essentially to Tampa and Toronto. I’m not sure there are too many teams that really are in an extremely tight spot with the cap.

Lol it means he will trade for Callahan from Tampa. I would die.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
i could be wrong but, i don't think they will , judging from the mess this team is. of course if they overpay then it's always possible. if all they care about is the money.

If the Flyers are a mess then so is more than half of the league.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia

Patrick and jvr for laine and ehlers

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I think Fletcher will definitely try to make a big splash. There's really no excuse to not come up with a big name.

Since Fletcher had so many chummy talks with Dubas I'm sure he's not going to offer sheet Marner. But maybe they'll work out a deal for Kapanen or Nylander.

This is another Ghost-centered trade I could see, for Nylander especially, or Kapanen. Ghost's contract has to be super enticing to the Leafs (and everyone else).

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
do we need to address scoring...? aren't we 15th in the league in GF? With shitty PP, idiots coaching staff, 10 straight loses.. sure add a 20-25 goal scorer but we need PK, we need take aways, we need 4th line that plays like 4th line we need physical play and play along the boards, neutral zone play.

Last edited:
Reactions: deadhead

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
We're already seeing with Lindblom what experience can do for talented players.
Do we think TK, Patrick, Provorov, Sanheim and Myers have maxed out their talent?
Add Frost to that mix and how much more scoring do we need (we always want more).

Solidifying the defense, to me is the highest priority.
We struggle too much getting the puck out of our own end and into the O-zone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad