GDT: Offseason 2023 Thread - Now what do we do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
Currently the Canes have 21 million in cap space for this year, add In the 2.5 million for TDA and the canes will have around 18.7 million remaining for this year. If we were to just sign all FA to one year contracts and sign AHO to his 8 X 9.5 that would leave the Canes with almost 50 million next season if you subtract 19 million from that for spending to the cap this year the we still have close to 30 million remaining to sign our FA and other players.

what I’m saying we don’t have a cap problem in the foreseeable future

This is my new favorite take from the main boards in the Pesce thread:

Maybe because the Canes are pawning off a 3-4D that provides zero offence for a 40 goal, ppg winger that has the ability to play C...and he's only 26...

If the Canes want Nylander, they can either offer Slavin or remain a treadmill playoff team (They remind of the Raptors pre-Kawhi...elite defensive team, no bad contracts, deep but no superstar up front to take them where they want to go).”
That’s laughable considering the Leafs can barely get past the first round

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Exactly, RBA's puck-and-chain, medieval system would turn him into Martinook. He's one season removed from 40 goals. No need for that here.
His other high in goals over a twelve year career is 30. Let’s not pretend like he’s that guy.

My comment was partially in jest. If his side looks at those analytics though it wouldn’t make sense on his end to do a 1 year deal here. Though they have the space to over pay him on a 1 year deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad