Confirmed Signing with Link: Officially official, NYR sign NCAA UFA John Gilmour

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
:nod:

had to break up the monotony around here, it was either listing that transaction or another Nash to Anh. thread. I chose wisely. Wisely-er.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
Hate it cause it's the Rangers, love the title!

I have a feeling you guys are the dark horse in this. I think you can offer him the best shot at top 6 minutes on a good team. Not sure the Rangers really can give him top 6 without imminent player movement, which is possible or that they will be good. I don't think the Devils are in this, who goes the NJ on purpose? And Boston and Toronto are set to be bottom feeders for a while. So I think the Isles are really in the mix.

Mar 14, 2015
DDzx_f-maxage-0.gif

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
I have a feeling you guys are the dark horse in this. I think you can offer him the best shot at top 6 minutes on a good team. Not sure the Rangers really can give him top 6 without imminent player movement, which is possible or that they will be good. I don't think the Devils are in this, who goes the NJ on purpose? And Boston and Toronto are set to be bottom feeders for a while. So I think the Isles are really in the mix.

To be honest, I think Vesey sucks so I don't really care. If we sign him, great we got a free asset that probably won't be any good. If we don't sign him, great because some other team got a free asset that probably won't be any good.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Does Calgary have a glut of younger defensemen, do you think that is why they passed on signing him?

We do, with Rasmus Andersson coming on board this year, but even before that a glut of left shot kids (Kulak, Kylington, Culkin, plus Wotherspoon who may be AHL if he doesn't crack the roster in training camp) and a pair of kids who will likely be coming on board in a year (Hickey, Ollas-Mattsson). Even with that group we still have two more (Kanzig/Morrison) under contract needing a place to play. Gilmour got caught in a numbers game, Usually when you don't sign a 7th rounder it's because they were scrubs but I felt he earned an ELC on just about any other depth chart.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Title edited. Reminder for all:

11) Misleading Titles: On the Hockey Boards, the subject line of the post should be as informative as possible about the content of the post. This also reduces duplicate posts.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
This is a good move for the Rangers, I liked Gilmour but he was caught in a numbers game with the glut of 1st and 2nd year pros we have on the farm and the other guys we still have in college.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Best hfboards trolljob since that guy said Montreal had a top 30 defense

MarkMessyay11

Jan 12, 2015
NJ
How is this kid? Just did a quick search and it sounds like he's a little under-sized, but is a solid PMD. Doubt he sees any time with the big club this year, barring injuries, but how does he project?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad