Official Young Stars Tournament Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
https://twitter.com/ElliottPap/status/510205357265006593
Nux prospect Cole Cassels (recovering from mono) ruled out of Young Stars tourney in Pencticton. Will practise but no contact. #canucks

tumblr_m48xv4svpG1qh19o2.gif

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
With our luck either Bo or Jake will decide to quit hockey altogether to pursue a career in photography or history.

DCantheDDad

DisplacedNuckfan
Jul 1, 2013
Edmonton
Everybody is broken. Can we get a refund on Jared? He is so new we still have the packaging and receipt.

Also, the sky is falling.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
So McCann and Cassels both missing the tournament with Mono. Does this mean we now have Stereo in the Press Box?

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
I don't expect Jensen to really stand out in a tournament like this. He's a finisher and requires guys around him to produce. He's also usually done better against men than kids his own age.

Guys I think will stand out in order
1) Shinkaruk
2) Cassels
3) Fox

Guys I think make an impact at camp in order

1) Gaunce
2) Shinkaruk
3) Horvat
4) Jensen

Jensen, who I believe is the closest to NHL ready (Horvat just behind him, then Gaunce), should be able to dance around half the guys on the ice. Regardless of the type of play he gravitates to, this is the type of tourney any guy who's ready to play in the NHL should be clearly a step ahead of everyone else. It's a good tourney in that way. If Jensen doesn't stand out, I'm going to reevaluate my expectations of him this year.

And I do agree he is a finisher. I really wanted to see him play with Cassels, but I guess it'll be Gaunce now.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Well, too bad we don't get to see Cassels and McCann. We knew Virtanen was out until mid October.

On the positive side, the guys with a realistic shot at making the team this year will be there and will also be at the main camp. Horvat, Gaunce, Jensen, Shinkaruk and Corrado will all have a chance to shine and possibly one or two will grab a spot on the team. Then we get to watch Fox and some of the other less heralded guys.

It will stil be a pretty good team and we also have prospects like Demko, Hutton, Trymakin and Forsling who will not even be attending. Some decent talent throughout the system for a change.

Craz1bo1

Feb 9, 2013
For those that want to check out the Jets and Flames game you can watch it here:

jimslob

Dec 9, 2008
Thanks for the link.

I was curious how "Johnny Hockey" would do in this game but never heard his name until just before the goal was scored. But then I didn't start watching until around the 15 minute mark.

How was he before that?

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
https://vine.co/v/OabQeLAXpKg

I am 100% sure he is going to be a superstar in the NHL. He is the Next MSL, I have no doubt in my mind.

Sometimes Size matters, Most of the time Size Matter, Not This time.

This guy has Patrick Kane type hands, It's no exaggeration. His Speed is off the charts also, and he is extremely slippery.

And for people saying I am saying this just after this goal. I have been touting this kid since day 1, Since I saw him play a few games in college.

He is basically Nyquist in speed + Much better hands.

coastal_nuck

Jun 28, 2006
https://vine.co/v/OabQeLAXpKg

I am 100% sure he is going to be a superstar in the NHL. He is the Next MSL, I have no doubt in my mind.

Sometimes Size matters, Most of the time Size Matter, Not This time.

This guy has Patrick Kane type hands, It's no exaggeration. His Speed is off the charts also, and he is extremely slippery.

And for people saying I am saying this just after this goal. I have been touting this kid since day 1, Since I saw him play a few games in college.

He is basically Nyquist in speed + Much better hands.

The Flames do have a great reason to be excited that's for sure. This kid is special.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Disappointed by Bennett, was really impressed by Ehlers who was the best player on the ice IMO.

JG also put on a show, some very nice mitts. See a quite a bit of Ennis in him, very elusive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad