WJC: Official Vaugely WJC Off Topic Thread

MeHateHe

Dec 24, 2006
FWIW in the Slovak/Sweden game Thursday, it was the rowdy Slovaks who were starting the wave. The Victoria crowd only obliged because it was the polite thing to do.

Reactions: 780il

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
2019 is the year of the wave in the hockey world apparently.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
The perks of being the home team, every hosting nation gets them.

Deal with it as best you can, you're big boys.
Nothing to do with home team and more to do with tsn and the ratings.
At least be honest
TSN pays a premium to the IIHF to broadcast this tourney that only a spec of the USA care about

Wonder if they are corrupt as the rest of the international sports federations

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
At least be honest
TSN pays a premium to the IIHF to broadcast this tourney that only a spec of the USA care about

I am being honest, Canada is the home team and TSN is the home team channel...........of course they are catered to.

None of that will have anything to do with the U.S.A not winning a gold medal here, it will be their team play. we've had these miniscule advantages before and it didn't stop the U.S.A from winning or have you forgotten that?

making a big deal out of this small stuff is all just complaining for the sake of complaining fluff.

Game start times won't keep the U.S from winning anything, being beaten by a team that plays better will, everyone knows that if they are being honest.

I would never even give this a thought if it was Canada dealing with later start times, that's just grasping at anything for a built in excuse for falling short. I know when Canada wins or loses it is on their merits as a team, not game start times.

Last edited:

CanuckistanFlyerfan

May 10, 2005
What's up with the Canadian hockey fan doing the wave during games? I thought they were a little bit more sophisticated observers of the game then that. Super talented kids playing and some actual good close games and there doing that stupid sh#*... sad..

Meanwhile in the home country of the OP in it's most popular sport you have grown men doing choreographed dances along with other even more ridiculous celebrations over things like gaining a yard or making a tackle.

At least the hockey fans can plead drunk.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
At least be honest

The home team gets to pick which time it plays. If you're going to whine, at least understand what you're whining about.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad