WJC: Official Vaugely WJC Off Topic Thread

Hughes Hefner

May 12, 2018
I wonder if Canada legalizing marijuana has lead to the resurgence of the wave? I wouldn't think so because they have to stand up to execute it properly and that's hard if you're stoned. I don't know I just can't figure it out.

Hughes Hefner

May 12, 2018
be more specific if you don't mind.

I have a feeling you are from the u.s and would rather that not be known because when it comes to being able to poke fun concerning things such as class and culture there is no easier target then the U.S.
I am from a border town in the us. it's right on the picture next to my name. Do as you wish with that information, have some fun!

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I am from a border town in the us. it's right on the picture next to my name. Do as you wish with that information, have some fun!
I'll spare you, it would be too embarrassing for you.

Anyway, I've kind of started to like you in a strange way, there has actually been some funny stuff that has come out of all this, I can live with that.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Curious to know if they did the wave in Halifax in 2003. Would be interesting to find out..

I attended most games in that tournament. The wave came out in some boring games.

I'm in an American hotel for the next few days. Will there be any WJC games on basic cable?

Hughes Hefner

May 12, 2018
I attended most games in that tournament. The wave came out in some boring games.

I'm in an American hotel for the next few days. Will there be any WJC games on basic cable?
Probably not unless they have the NHL network which I doubt they will at a hotel...

Hughes Hefner

May 12, 2018
What's more annoying the Toronto maple leaf and team Canada's goal scoring celebratory songs or the wave. Intrested to hear the answer... same?

Hughes Hefner

May 12, 2018

Sorry to hear that. It must have sucked!

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
What's more annoying the Toronto maple leaf and team Canada's goal scoring celebratory songs or the wave. Intrested to hear the answer... same?
neither for me.

I think the most cringeworthy moment i experienced maybe ever in hockey was when the U.S beat Canada at the wjc in 2013 I think.

They won on an overtime goal by Carlson if memory serves me correct and then footage came out the day after of all the players huddling together and then shouting...............1,2,3...............we kicked Canadas ass!!

So greasy, like some drunken frat boy stuff, no.................worse then that, it was teeny bopperish.

If Canada ever pulled that off I would be so f***in embarrassed., coach had to be a dufus to let that go down. I mean cmon, you aren't in peewee anymore.

Wasn't U.S hockeys greatest moment thats for sure,made them look like such morons. god................................just so freaking embarrassing and I'm not even a fan of the team.

Honestly if I had of been on that team I would have told them I had to take a shower or something, no way could I have ever been so childish as a world class junior player thats 19 years old. I would have had to get out of that someway.

Hughes Hefner

May 12, 2018
neither for me.

I think the most cringeworthy moment i experienced maybe ever in hockey was when the U.S beat Canada at the wjc in 2013 I think.

They won on an overtime goal by Carlson if memory serves me correct and then footage came out the day after of all the players huddling together and then shouting...............1,2,3...............we kicked Canadas ass!!

So greasy, like some drunken frat boy stuff, no.................worse then that, it was teeny bopperish.

If Canada ever pulled that off I would be so ****in embarrassed., coach had to be a dufus to let that go down. I mean cmon, you aren't in peewee anymore.

Wasn't U.S hockeys greatest moment, god................................just so freaking embarrassing and I'm not even a fan of the team.

Honestly if I had of been on that team I would have told them I had to take a shower or something, no way could I have ever been so childish as a world class junior player thats 19 years old. I would have had to get out of that someway.
USA beat Sweden that year. We would never espouse such vitriol towards Canada. Nice try....

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
USA beat Sweden that year. We would never espouse such vitriol towards Canada. Nice try....
I'm sorry man but it happened...................they showed it on t.v more then once. I might have the year wrong but I think it was 2013.

Just so freaking bad, dear God.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
youre right............it was 2010.

Not that the year matters anyway, it's that they engaged in such greasy infantile shit that matters.

Easily one of the most cringeworthy things I've ever witnessed in all my years of watching hockey, and I've been watching since the mid 70's.

Hughes Hefner

May 12, 2018
youre right............it was 2010.

Not that the year matters anyway, it's that they engaged in such greasy infantile **** that matters.

Easily one of the most cringeworthy things I've ever witnessed in all my years of watching hockey, and I've been watching since the mid 70's.
Sorry it upset you so much. Hopefully you can look past the transgressions of these young Americans. I am sure they haven't learned from that experience, because they're American and well you know...

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Sorry it upset you so much. Hopefully you can look past the transgressions of these young Americans. I am sure they haven't learned from that experience, because they're American and well you know...
Well hopefully you can do the same with the wave:thumbu:

There is always so much room for growth in human beings.

Anyway, time for the Russia-Czech game, there should be no doubt whose corner I am in for that one.

Reactions: Hughes Hefner

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015

The Leafs rocking some classic Hall and Oates, I’m still undecided if this video is awesome or creepy as ****. Good old 80s music.

Last edited:
Reactions: jj cale

Hughes Hefner

May 12, 2018

Anyway, time for the Russia-Czech game, there should be no doubt whose corner I am in for that one.
Its Zadina Time!

Hughes Hefner

May 12, 2018

Screw the Russians they tampered in our elections.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad