Official (unlicensed) group therapy and counseling thread

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I watched my Red Bulls lose at home in yet another heart breaking fashion to be knocked out of the playoffs last night. Jack and Nico are hurt. I hate sports.

forceten

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
I watched my Red Bulls lose at home in yet another heart breaking fashion to be knocked out of the playoffs last night. Jack and Nico are hurt. I hate sports.

Sports give and take, with equal pleasure and no bias. I understand how you feel.

How does Jack and Nico being hurt make you feel? Could you have some injuries in your life or workplace that might be projecting onto your sports love?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I’ve eaten a disgusting level of calories since yesterday and have some leftover and bought two more share size Milky Way bars.

I am on a terrible, food bender and I just hope it ends with today.

That said, I eat like this every weekend, though sometimes not quite as much.

I’ll break even in maintenance calories by Friday (I almost always do), as long as I don’t have a blood sugar crash (sometimes I get them after my cheat days when going back to eating normally and my body isn’t used to it and is expecting greasy burritos and candy bars. It’s merely a food withdrawal symptom) tomorrow or during the week.

I also bought three monsters (the “diet” ones with only 10 calories per can) to go on some really nice, caffeine fueled rants on how much I hate Chicago (the hockey team because of the Beach scandal, not the people or the city of course) and would like to unload my post-cheat days bowels on a statue of Rocky Wirtz. And there’s a ton of it to go around, since I go days without bowel movements frequently, which is something I guess to discuss with a professional.

Get ready for it.

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
I’ve eaten a disgusting level of calories since yesterday and have some leftover and bought two more share size Milky Way bars.

I’ll break even in maintenance calories by Friday (I almost always do), as long as I don’t have a blood sugar crash (sometimes I get them after my cheat days when going back to eating normally and my body isn’t used to it and is expecting greasy burritos and candy bars. It’s merely a food withdrawal symptom) tomorrow or during the week.

I also bought three monsters (the “diet” ones with only 10 calories per can) to go on some really nice, caffeine fueled rants on how much I hate Chicago (the hockey team because of the Beach scandal, not the people or the city of course) and would like to unload my post-cheat days bowels on a statue of Rocky Wirtz. And there’s a ton of it to go around, since I go days without bowel movements frequently, which is something I guess to discuss with a professional.

Get ready for it.
Go get yourself some raw honey and devour it... will satisfy your sugar craving and is 10000% healthier

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Go get yourself some raw honey and devour it... will satisfy your sugar craving and is 10000% healthier
I eat stuff like the candy bars specifically for cheat days, but when I have the low blood sugar I usually eat something (sometimes cereal or crackers, usually not a candy bar) just to start feeling better and raise the blood sugar.

It’s not that I get hungry, more that I start feeling like shit and need to eat something to feel better.

But I will definitely try that, as the feeling really sucks when that happens. Fortunately it doesn’t happen all that frequently though.

Reactions: Guadana and My3Sons

forceten

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
I thought this was the childhood trauma thread.

I’ll see myself out.

Well, childhood trauma does manifest in different ways. Feelings of loss with our great players experiencing unfitness can trigger those memories.

Tell me about your mother.

Get ready for it.

Binging is sometimes a way for us to comfort ourselves and let us know that we can substitute food and sugars for the superstars we are missing elsewhere in our lives. It’s important to know you are not alone and that many people struggle with overeating when their teams stars are temporarily elsewhere.

But it’s important to not give in to it, for your health (undoing all the good work the other days), but also for the health of the boards as we have a weight limit due to the admins not splurging for the better license because we have no fans.

forceten

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
Who else was tossed in the deep end of the pool by their dad after refusing to go voluntarily after having swim lessons and being perfectly capable just scared?
That sounds horrific and I am sorry you had to experience that terror. I can see how that might be u comfortable now that you’re thrown “into the deep end” of fandom with McLeod as 1C, but remember always that you’re still here and either you learned to swim or someone rescued you.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
Rasmussen - Weimar - Janssen

1699218238233.gif

forceten

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
I lived through the toilet paper lineup I can get through this.

giphy.gif
That is the positivity that you need to keep front of mind. That will get you through these dark times.

I stopped searching Devils news for the time being and may listen to the game with no volume. I'm just going to pretend things are not happening. Like throwing that foreclosure notice in the trash without opening the letter up.
This is not the financial advice thread.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00