Official Trade Speculation/Proposal Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Id believe it for sure. This team is bad at everything to do with hockey.

I don't. They're a bunch of talking heads that will report anything that they hear that is remotely related. They're throwing stuff at the wall and hoping something sticks most of the time.

We're the Isles, no one covers us except Staple and a handful of other less connected people. Friendman, McKenzie, Dreger, etc. may have their connections around the league and can information yet no one is well connected with what happens on LI. The Isles are one of the most tight lipped organizations.

I'll start listening when Staple or even Botta (still not sure about him) when discloses anything because he's actually at ground zero with the team rather than a studio filled with other talking heads.

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
i take it w a grain of salt....people pay steep prices for guys that they know they dont want to sign or dont have the room to sign next year.......vanek has never publicly said it is def minnesota he is going to......dont understand why his value would drop....he has been essentially a ppg player this year

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Yeah until we see what he's actually traded for I'm not gonna bother freaking. I'll save that for later.

bluechipbonzo

Feb 12, 2010
Ottawa
Heresay that Garf has lowered his asking price for Vanek...assuming this is two pieces now instead of three...should get the market going again.

Its clear until any of the other forwards are moved that any of the teams previously interested in Vanek still are...go garf

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
It would never happen but it would be cool if all offers eventually went public or something like that so in five years we could look back at the proposals and see how crazy they were or trades that almost happened that didn't. I'm not just talking about the isles I mean in general it's interesting sometimes to hear a trade that was about to go through but fell apart at the last second and could have changed everything.

DaMick

at least we got D
Dec 10, 2003
Purgatory
Visit site
Isles fans beginning to gather for the Garth Snow lynching.
angry-mob-big-brother-animated-gif-yelling-screaming.gif

Well see... come 3pm.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Botta just said everyone is waiting on on Kesler NOT Vanek.

I have my doubts about Kesler really being available. The TDL is not the best time to unload him. Big deals concerning players like him often play out at the Draft. I understand Gillis in on the hot seat after the Luongo trade, but they are still right near a playoff spot. Unless Kesler is really pushing for a trade, I would keep him right now and look into trading him later. The Jordan Staal, Brent Burns type of trades as comparables.

blitzkriegs

May 26, 2003
Beach & Mtn & Island
Visit site
I have my doubts about Kesler really being available. The TDL is not the best time to unload him. Big deals concerning players like him often play out at the Draft. I understand Gillis in on the hot seat after the Luongo trade, but they are still right near a playoff spot. Unless Kesler is really pushing for a trade, I would keep him right now and look into trading him later. The Jordan Staal, Brent Burns type of trades as comparables.

Where there is smoke there is fire. Kesler is a better option, albeit different one, for many teams considering he is a signed player.

Paulinho

No Man's Sky
Jun 8, 2003
Earth

Oh he is available and this is the best time to deal him. The team trading for him will get three postseasons out of him instead of two at the draft.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Where there is smoke there is fire. Kesler is a better option, albeit different one, for many teams considering he is a signed player.

I understand that Kesler is the more attractive asset because he's signed, but that's also another dynamic in this. Rentals are the course of the day on the TDL, he is not a rental.

It's no skin off my nose if Kesler is dealt, but I'm not sure if this is the time to do it. Vancouver is in a weird spot, are they going to rebuild/retool etc? Lots of questions surrounding that organization. Gillis has put himself in a tough spot because they could go either way. If there is a firesale in Vancouver, I do hope Garth tries to get in on it. I think Edler is a promising option to upgrade our blue line.

KnishOfTheCrease

Chez Pierre Enthusiast
Oct 8, 2010
Las Vegas
Pierre McGuire says Montreal isn't physical enough with their lack of size, so they should trade for...wait for it....Matt Moulson...lmao.

Felix Unger

Aug 2, 2005
Pierre McGuire says Montreal isn't physical enough with their lack of size, so they should trade for...wait for it....Matt Moulson...lmao.

Well, at least he's brave (that's true). Quite an indictment on Montreal forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad