Official Trade Speculation/Proposal Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
i dont mind that at all.....i think that would be the hometown discount, and wouldnt have minded him at that price.....now we can say "sayyyyyonarraaa!"

lets get a 1st or a goalie

but we better get some players for vanek

I'm honestly not too worried about the returns we get for both Vanek and AMac. People can go on and on about why the Isles will or will not get a sizable return, I refer to the precedent deals of TDL's past and the current market conditions.

I don't think we'll get a resolution to either layer until the day of or the day before the deadline.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Says Garth turned down a" substantial" offer for Amac. I wonder what it was.

I can't imagine getting more than a 1st for him.

N Ireland Nets Fan

May 13, 2013
Rochester, New York
People need to remember, any deal offered now is still going to be there at the deadline and will improve in time as the deadline gets closer.

More teams will make offers, the price will rise and we will hopefully get some very nice assets. To trade now prior to the roster freeze would be silly imo with several weeks to go to drum up more interest and offers.

I'm glad Snow has knocked back a "substantial" AMac offer already. Here's hoping he whips these teams looking for Vanek and AMac into a big competition to sell them off to the highest bidder.

Trading either of our pending UFA at the roster freeze would be selling low imo.

N Ireland Nets Fan

May 13, 2013
Rochester, New York
Look around other teams boards, see how many playoff teams want to add Mac.

Why does these boards have a true indication on which teams are interested in AMac?

After all aren't these public forums for fans of teams who are wannabe GM's to post to discuss all things about their teams. It doesn't mean their team isn't making an offer for AMac if a fans forum decides they don't want him.

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
i would be shocked if we dont get a 1st rounder (or equivalent or greater value)....at his salary there is going to be a bidding war....even if he is having a bad year, he is a very good defender @18 min/game.....ANY team in the league can fit him in their cap no problem

Renbarg

Feb 24, 2007
NY
i would be shocked if we dont get a 1st rounder (or equivalent or greater value)....at his salary there is going to be a bidding war....even if he is having a bad year, he is a very good defender @18 min/game.....ANY team in the league can fit him in their cap no problem

I agree, the salary and his versatility will make him very popular.

I don't share the same sentiment as most of the fans here though regarding his play. I think he is a very solid dman, maybe playing a little bit above his head.

Flair19Woo

Nov 10, 2006
I'm in the camp that they should give him more $. Sure, he's been rough this year, but he's playing above his head. Who else are they supposed to get to replace MacDonald? We can't expect a young guy to fill the void, though they're lucky with DeHaan this year.

isles31

Poster Excellont
Feb 19, 2007
LI
Amacs value to a contender is high for a few reasons:
1-his cap hit will be what, 200k-ish? thats laughable.
2-he is over-exposed on the island. On a contender, playing bottom pair, hes golden
3-He blocks shots all day long

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Is it possible that Snow wants to get a deal done prior to the break because of injury risk? I mean, the idea that Wang wants him gone ASAP so he doesn't have to pay him makes sense as well, and wouldn't surprise me, but the Isles can't afford to have this guy hurt himself and end up being forced to watch him walk away for nothing.

I'd like to assume that if they don't get an offer they like prior to the freeze, they'll take their chances and wait. Who knows though.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
I'm in the camp that they should give him more $. Sure, he's been rough this year, but he's playing above his head. Who else are they supposed to get to replace MacDonald? We can't expect a young guy to fill the void, though they're lucky with DeHaan this year.

Whether it's right or wrong, the Isles will continue to build from within. CdH and Donovan will continue to be integrated this year and Reinhart is the likely candidate to be integrated next season. Pulock and the rest of the gang will all get a year in the AHL and then the system will be re-evaluated then.

Without Vanek, the Isles have cap money that they will need to spend and goaltending looks like the top priority. Snow will have plenty of assets to try and trade for a d-man at the Draft or just sign someone on July 1st. Conservatively I'm thinking they give a 1-year stop gap deal to someone to buy time for the Kiss Kross crew. Regin and PMB signed the Brad Boyes deal and I expect to see that type of signing one more time for the defense. I wouldn't mind seeing a 1-year flyer on Meszaros. What I'm hoping for is that Garth makes a deal at the Draft to bring a real top-4 guy who is signed for several more seasons. He went for it with Vanek, take another swing for a d-man. Draft picks are at their highest value on that day, use it to your advantage. Despite the concussion, Visnovsky for a 2nd was a very good deal.

Speaking of Kriss Kross...

I KNOW there are some of you that wore your pants that way back then. ;)

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Not surprised. Have you seen the ridiculous contracts some d-men are getting lately?

Of course. I don't know why I was surprised that the Isles offered him a deal but here we are. Garth probably asked Cappy what he thought he should do and Cappy just grunted "battle level".

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
i have a weird feeling we are going to get a great return for Amac, yet left wanting way more for TV...

supposedly gagner may be heading to LA

original islander

Oct 12, 2011
Amacs value to a contender is high for a few reasons:
1-his cap hit will be what, 200k-ish? thats laughable.
2-he is over-exposed on the island. On a contender, playing bottom pair, hes golden
3-He blocks shots all day long

Definitely agree. Amac is taking too much heat because he's forced to play minutes and a primary power play role that he's not suited for. The question I have is why Hamonic wasn't given a shot? Probably because he's no more capable than Amac at that role. Yet Travis gets the benefit of the doubt and Amac gets all the hate.

Amac's failure are because there is no one better for the role except possibly DeHaan. It's not his fault or the Coach's fault because there isn't a better alternative. Frankly I would offer him an extra year for 4 million giving him 20 for 5 years. He's been a loyal soldier and I think his game will get back to normal with Reinhart coming in and hopefully a vet top 4 D signing.

He could be a major benefit to a team like Boston or LA.

Last edited:

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Same. Keep in mind that he'll be 34 at the start of next season. Would you give him 5 years, $30 mil?

Sure I would, that would make him basically Nabby's age when the contract ends; what's wrong with that?

We need a goalie that can steal a game with a young defense. In prior thread posts I calculated the effect of Miller on our team if he played with us this year. We'd EASILY be in a playoff spot right now with his Save %.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad