Official Trade Speculation/Proposal Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptDenisPotvin

The Tampa Bay Astros are your 2021 Champions
Jun 20, 2007
Not overly high on Silfverberg at all.

I think Gibson would obviously be the major piece but The success of Silfverberg would be the different between us getting an ok deal or a great deal. Their is no denying Gibson s upside, his future is bright but if Silfverberg ended up being a big contributor for us it could be the type of deal that sets us up for the next few years. Personally have seen very little of Silfverberg myself so im not sure if he is Ctually worth the gamble.

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
I think Gibson would obviously be the major piece but The success of Silfverberg would be the different between us getting an ok deal or a great deal. Their is no denying Gibson s upside, his future is bright but if Silfverberg ended up being a big contributor for us it could be the type of deal that sets us up for the next few years. Personally have seen very little of Silfverberg myself so im not sure if he is Ctually worth the gamble.

There is no doubt Gibson would be every islanders fan wet dream. At least would be mine! That being said Jaccob is nothing special. Had a solid rookie year but can't find a role with the Ducks. The leagues best team and the kid can't do enough to keep from being a healthy scratch.

N Ireland Nets Fan

May 13, 2013
Rochester, New York
There is no doubt Gibson would be every islanders fan wet dream. At least would be mine! That being said Jaccob is nothing special. Had a solid rookie year but can't find a role with the Ducks. The leagues best team and the kid can't do enough to keep from being a healthy scratch.

The point is he would be a great reclamation project in a position of need for the Islanders. He's clearly struggling to an extent with the Ducks and isn't getting consistent minutes where as I would slot him straight into the Isles lineup ahead of Bailey right now on the 2nd line right wing.

As a 2 way forward he's good defensively as well so he would be a good fit with Frans & Grabner on the left wing maybe.

CaptDenisPotvin

The Tampa Bay Astros are your 2021 Champions
Jun 20, 2007

As much as i would love to get Gibson but if Silfverberg isnt gonna bring us any value and the ducks dont wanna part with different high end prospect, i would rather trade for toffoli and muzzin and sign a goalie in the offseason. I really do think we need two solid prospects back.

Strome18

Oct 23, 2010
Florida
Gibson, Silfverberg, Allen and #1 would be my final price.

If I were Snow ask for more, and end at that deal.

N Ireland Nets Fan

May 13, 2013
Rochester, New York
The Ducks would hang up as you started saying Allen

Why?

Allen has been healthy scratched as well as Silfverberg. They would be upgrading from Silfverberg to Vanek and trading Allen and his $3.5m deal next year for AMac, who they could re-sign if they so wanted to. Allen has been injured quite a bit this year as well, dealing with injuries and what not while playing on the bottom pair for the ducks.

Paulinho

No Man's Sky
Jun 8, 2003
Earth
Why?

Allen has been healthy scratched as well as Silfverberg. They would be upgrading from Silfverberg to Vanek and trading Allen and his $3.5m deal next year for AMac, who they could re-sign if they so wanted to. Allen has been injured quite a bit this year as well, dealing with injuries and what not while playing on the bottom pair for the ducks.

JOHN-GIBSON-thumb-590x392-81452.jpg

Because that guy is not being traded for a rental.

NewYorkIsles

Jun 30, 2012
Nassau County
PER: David Pagnotta (@TheFourthPeriod)

Hearing trade talks between the Kings and Islanders have intensified. Also told NYI want to move Vanek by tmrw's roster freeze. Match?

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
JOHN-GIBSON-thumb-590x392-81452.jpg

Because that guy is not being traded for a rental.

I agree, going to be hard to pry the best goalie spec in hockey today. However, in the same regard specs have come and gone. A shot at winning the cup NOW could be a more tempting idea than hoping Gibson lives up to that potential.

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
PER: David Pagnotta (@TheFourthPeriod)

Hearing trade talks between the Kings and Islanders have intensified. Also told NYI want to move Vanek by tmrw's roster freeze. Match?

if garth gets ripped just because he wants to flip him b4 the olympics, i will lose it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad