Official Trade Deadline Thread | Part VI - The Final Countdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 15s15 seconds ago
Stars front office thinking now about perhaps taking another run at Hamhuis... tick tock

Maybe it's like playing a game of chicken with an 18 wheeler. Who's going to move?

Benning has to have a backup plan to move Hamhuis elsewhere (maybe the Boston reports are being used as leverage?)

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
lol the hysteria on this forum is hilarious. do you guys think that these reporters are getting real time information from Canucks management or Hamhuis?

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
William DePaoli ‏@TIOPS_DePaoli 1m1 minute ago
Pens were informed last week by Canucks that Hamhuis wouldn't waive to go to Pittsburgh. That hasn't stopped Rutherford from trying again.

YogiCanucks

Jan 1, 2007
Vancouver BC
I get why Hamhuis hasn't been moved... I don't understand Vrbata not being moved at all...

Totally agree. We all like to think as players as assets but it's more than that. Hamhuis is a guy who actually wants to be here, if we keep it and give ourselves the best chance to resign him, I get that.

Vbrata doesn't have a place on this team going forward...

Mad Brills*

Sekers said that canucks might have been offered dano + a 1st for hamhuis

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
If Dan Hamhhuis doesn't get injured we have a Stanley cup, suggesting that he didn't warrant a NTC is ridiculous. Hamhhuis wanted to play here and took less to do it by doing that he wanted security. He's arguably been the best signing in franchise history ffs

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
********. This whole damn board basically believes Benning is damn ****** because of a deluded belief he could have gotten a ridiculous one-sided return for a player who demanded a trade, cited two teams he'd only go, both of whom hated us. And I am damn fed up of Benning essentially be labeled the Anti-Christ when a good chunk of our problems are because of Mike Gillis.

I'm not blaming everything on Gillis nor am I ignoring Benning's screw ups. (They both have plenty) I'm just not pinning everything and the apocalypse on him because of a goddamn narrative.

:huh:

Goon42

Apr 12, 2013
Everything is fine guys

this-is-fine-meme.jpg

Evolu7ion

#firelindenning
Sep 20, 2010
Victoria, BC
Opportunity cost of not finding a way to move Hamhuis is crippling. You lose out on some high end futures, and you likely damage the quality of your own first rounder. If Benning drops the ball on Hamhuis that's the kind of mistake that really hurts the team's future.

KeninsFan

Fire Benning already
Feb 6, 2012
Shink for Granlund
5th for Larsen (KHL)

vs

6th for Pirri

I can't be the only person who sees what's going on right?

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
********. This whole damn board basically believes Benning is damn ****** because of a deluded belief he could have gotten a ridiculous one-sided return for a player who demanded a trade, cited two teams he'd only go, both of whom hated us. And I am damn fed up of Benning essentially be labeled the Anti-Christ when a good chunk of our problems are because of Mike Gillis.

I'm not blaming everything on Gillis nor am I ignoring Benning's screw ups. (They both have plenty) I'm just not pinning everything and the apocalypse on him because of a goddamn narrative.

Let's settle down on the exaggeration.

Just because a player has a NTC doesn't mean that Benning is excused for not getting value. Other GMs have dealt with the same problem and have got good returns for their players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad