Official Trade Deadline Thread | Part VI - The Final Countdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
All these excuses for Benning are ridiculous. It's Benning job to know exactly who the player will waive to and you go out and make the deal. There should be no going to the player at the last minute asking about teams. Benning ius an idiot and doesn't know what he's doing.

looseneditforyou

Apr 30, 2011
I knew it all along he wouldnt go any where

Two things folks: benning is the wose GM in the history of hockey and dan hamhuis is a selfish jerk like kesler :(

Do you literally believe Hamhuis is a selfish jerk for exercising a clause he negotiated in an otherwise far below market value contract? And do you actually think his character is in any way comparable to Kesler's?

VanCanucks53

Jul 6, 2007
Calgary
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 21s21 seconds ago

Stars front office thinking now about perhaps taking another run at Hamhuis... tick tock

Sekeres doesnt know much...

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
Benning has gotta be the worst negotiator... There was minimal D available and he cant' even trade the best one on the market

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
Have the best D chip available to turn into assets... potentially get nothing for it. NTC or not, that's just ridiculous if it happens...

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Stop blaming Gillis ffs. nobody cares about Gillis he is not to blame for every Benning screwup.

********. This whole damn board basically believes Benning is damn ****** because of a deluded belief he could have gotten a ridiculous one-sided return for a player who demanded a trade, cited two teams he'd only go, both of whom hated us. And I am damn fed up of Benning essentially be labeled the Anti-Christ when a good chunk of our problems are because of Mike Gillis.

I'm not blaming everything on Gillis nor am I ignoring Benning's screw ups. (They both have plenty) I'm just not pinning everything and the apocalypse on him because of a goddamn narrative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad