GDT: Official Trade Deadline Thread II

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod 31s
I expect the Canadiens to add a gritty forward today. If they can bring in a second liner, bonus.

Just a hunch? Habs target Torres. Their new management likes this new, hard-working, difficult to play against style they have.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 46m
Joni Pitkanen's season-ending injury doesn't necessarily mean CAR won't trade Jamie McBain. For right offer, McBain will move.

I still think we should consider Torres. We need to get tougher to play against. Torres would bring that for us.

I like the idea of talking to the Blues before considering Sarich and ROB

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Really hope they bring in a dman who is better than what they have now in Hamrlik, Gilroy and Eminger. Just a thought.

If they bring in another mediocre defenseman who isn't an upgrade over those three then sather really wasted the day where he should've been calling around for a tougher winger/center.

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
Question.. In everyone's opinion how involved is Slats today? We know he's recovering from that operation. Maybe he's having very little to do with things.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Really hope they bring in a dman who is better than what they have now in Hamrlik, Gilroy and Eminger. Just a thought.

Exactly. I fail to see how O'Byrne or Sarich are all that much better than what they have currently.

Torres, Nystrom, Glencross and then re-sign the ones who need to be re-signed (not Glencross as he is not a UFA).

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
who is a rental? or do they move a F like Pyatt in a deal?

The Rangers have to move a contract to bring in anyone new because they're at the limit. So today is a day where the Rangers making any deal where they send someone out but don't bring someone in, the dominoes comment might be valid.

I'd prefer to see something in the vein of player and a pick for an upgrade. ie Pyatt and a 4th for Torres or something like that (don't analyze the value, I was just giving an example)

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 2m
DAL not shopping D Alex Goligoski but some teams are inquiring. Same as Kulikov in FLA. Names are out there but would have to be good return

Gogo project coming to an end in Dallas?

Panfork

Pacioretty Hater
Feb 1, 2010
NY
Sportsnet guys are saying Jamie McBain is still in play despite Pitkanen's injury. Interesting.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 40s
A few scenarios (Torres, for example) where several teams chase the same player. Choice of pursuing secondary option or waiting for decision

I think once Torres goes there will be another group of trades that get done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad