GDT: Official Trade Deadline Thread (4/2: Jagr to BOS; McBain a healthy scratch)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
So reports say we're looking to clear some money to give Clowe a contract

Boyle @ 1.7
Pyatt @ 1.55
Asham @ 1.0

4.25 million

Theres Clowe's contract.

Lets see if we can get a rental 3C and a rental dman tonight/tomorrow.

Are you guys all mathematically challenged or something? You can't take 3 players off the roster, replace them with 1 player of equal salary and call it even. Every player you remove from the roster has to be replaced.

We have 16 players under contract for next season. If we get rid of those 3 and add Clowe, we have 14 players. Still need to sign 8 or 9 players and only about 10 mil to do it.

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
Are you guys all mathematically challenged or something? You can't take 3 players off the roster, replace them with 1 player of equal salary and call it even. Every player you remove from the roster has to be replaced.

We have 16 players under contract for next season. If we get rid of those 3 and add Clowe, we have 14 players. Still need to sign 8 or 9 players and only about 10 mil to do it.

Stop making sense.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
“We’re looking to add,” Kekalainen said last night. “We’ve put into play one of our first-round picks, the one we have from the Los Angeles Kings. We’ve offered that up to get some help for our team.

“We’re not doing rentals (veteran players with expiring contracts). We’re not going to do something that helps us this spring and then that’s it. We’re only going to do things that help us today and long-term, and we’re going to stick to that plan.

“If something good materializes with that philosophy, well then we’ve got a deal. If it doesn’t, this club has shown it can be very competitive. So let’s see where it goes.”

Buffalo and Calgary are selling, and the Sabres have two players who could interest the Blue Jackets.

Right wingers Jason Pominville, 30, and Drew Stafford, 27, could be on the move as the Sabres retool after a handful of disappointing seasons

http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com...en-seeks-to-make-trade-but-within-limits.html

Some of these teams/reporters are stupid. Gaborik is twice the player the other two guys are. Pominville is a 1 year younger than Gaborik and both players will be group IIIs in 2014. Stafford is Dubinsky II. Both players signed similar contracts in 2011 and haven't come close to being worthy of those contracts.

Gaborik will score 40 goals next season in a contract year.

BringBackLibertys

Oct 10, 2007
Middlesex, NC
Gaborik will score 40 goals next season in a contract year.

And this is my whole problem with us trading him. We all know he is going to break out again, why are we dealing him?? I get the cap will be tight, but it wont be impossible, we must employ at least one cap magician in the front office.

Bring Back Avery

Dec 29, 2012
Catasauqua, PA

We could just bring up guys from the Whale for cheap.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Steve Ott please.

Would love that but Clowe likely being signed will end chasing Ott

I really want Boyle and Pyatt out with another C and Righty D coming in. Im fine with UFA's and late picks for those 2

We could see Boyle for a pick then a pick for a rental C

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Anyone know how to stream tradecentre to your phone outside of Canada? I've only been able to get their radio feeds which do not stream tradecentre.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
If you plan on contending, you're going to want to go into the season with a potential 40 goal scorer in his walk year. If the team todders around .500 all season, then yeah I'd try to move Gaborik at the deadline. But not before then.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
If you plan on contending, you're going to want to go into the season with a potential 40 goal scorer in his walk year. If the team todders around .500 all season, then yeah I'd try to move Gaborik at the deadline. But not before then.

I'm not sure he fits the team at all anymore. And he has pretty much been relegated to the 3rd line RW or playing on his off-side where he looks bad. I say move him, get some depth pieces and move on. Utilize that cap space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad