GDT: Official Trade Deadline Thread (4/2: Jagr to BOS; McBain a healthy scratch)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Alright guys, let's use this one for now. Spamming will not be allowed. We need to keep that sort of traffic down so the server doesn't crash as it has in years past.

THIS IS FOR LEGITIMATE RUMORS ONLY. CITE ANY AND ALL RUMORS YOU POST.

Additionally, make sure to label your speculation for what it is: SPECULATION.

Last edited by a moderator:

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
If we're not going to buy, then why aren't we selling and trying to build some picks/players to be useful around here in the future?

Standing pat is a terrible decision, IMHO.

Interested, to say the least, in what Slats and co. have in store for today and tomorrow.

*Bob Richards*

I'd be fine with attempting to get something out of guys like Boyle and Asham.

No blockbusters this year. :)

rangers5000

Apr 30, 2012
sather better deal gaborik today, look for the best deal then make some minor dealings tomorrow

Mkhizgilov

Sep 23, 2009
Brooklyn, NY
Okay guys im at work so cant really go through the past threads just to catch up on everything what players are Rangers said to have interest in? (not who you assume but what was reported/rumored). I saw mention of Glencross anyone else?

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Okay guys im at work so cant really go through the past threads just to catch up on everything what players are Rangers said to have interest in? (not who you assume but what was reported/rumored). I saw mention of Glencross anyone else?

Just Glencross, Clowe and maybe St. Louis. And Dan Boyle.

Theon

No longer Reek
Jan 17, 2008
Stockholm
I wonder if Sather has any interest in Eric Nystrom. Dallas is letting guys go for cheap it seems and he could be worth a late pick.

*Bob Richards*

Well, honestly, I think the logic is you'd be getting a guy who, despite his age, would instantly be the best forward on this team. Obviously the risk is the question of "When is he going to finally hit the wall?" That's not even taking into account the asking price, which I imagine would be pretty scary.

He's also another RW. :sarcasm: :laugh:

Posting in a locked thread. :rant:

I love MSL and I agree that he would instantly be a superhero on this team but I don't get the logic because I don't see why Tampa would trade him to us. What do we really have to offer?

I've also seen Gaborik for MSL proposals which make even less sense.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Posting in a locked thread. :rant:

I love MSL and I agree that he would instantly be a superhero on this team but I don't get the logic because I don't see why Tampa would trade him to us. What do we really have to offer?

I've also seen Gaborik for MSL proposals which make even less sense.

Whateva! Whateva! I do what I want! :p:

I don't see a deal to be made. I think they'd probably want a defensemen in the deal and we don't have any to give up.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Folks, please keep the speculating/random proposals to a minimum. And if you must present random proposals or general speculation, please make sure to label them very clearly as such. People will be checking this thread regularly for actual completed/rumored trades, so we want to keep confusion to a minimum. Thanks.

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
Standing pat, is resigning yourself to possibly missing the playoffs, which would be a disaster. Regardless about how this team looks this season, it's an anomaly move on. We must get into the post season. We owe our all star goalie that right!

We've got practically $28m wrapped up in Lundqvist, Nash, Gaborik and Richards, we haven't exactly used this season to develop youth.... get your @ss in the playoffs!!

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Glencross is the only player rumored thus far that would be a smart addition going forward. No god damn rentals and old people! :wally:

Move Gaborik at the draft.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Maybe acquire Clowe or Glencross. Don't get into a bidding war.

Frankly, I'm fine with standing pat - I'm content with Zuccs and possibly Fasth being our deadline additions.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Glencross is the only player rumored thus far that would be a smart addition going forward. No god damn rentals and old people! :wally:

I agree on both Glencross and moving Gaborik at the draft.

I know you said no old people but I wouldn't be opposed to MSL if it actually had a chance of happening.

BarbaraAlphanse

Completely agree. Get on the trade with Calgary bandwagon before their GM is fired for being so incompetent.

16 To Stanley*

‏@KatieStrangESPN #Isles No progress in talks between Islanders and captain Mark Streit on a contract extension.

Streit on the block. Boston still in the market for a D-Man, per Garrioch.

NYR2007

Sponsor
Jul 7, 2009
New York
Alright guys, let's use this one for now. Spamming will not be allowed. We need to keep that sort of traffic down so the server doesn't crash as it has in years past

Can you put the rumor quotes in the first post of this thread so we don't have to read thru the pages to get a quote here and there ..... please :sarcasm:

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
Jagr to BOS. (maybe)

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 1m
Conditional 2nd rounder BOS will give DAL in Jagr deal becomes a 1st rounder if BOS wins two playoff series. BTW, deal still not official.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad