and 7 Ds

demote Ashton and call up DAmigo
i like this last one

Last edited:

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
The situation with the leafs currently is probably helping immensely with the development of the prospects. They all see that if they play hard and well, they WILL get called up. This isn't the typical situation of you may get called up in the future when there is an injury or two. But rather we are currently rotating 2-3 spots for now and for a couple weeks still.

Hoping 1 of them plays so well that we need to make room for them even when everyone is healthy.

Patience

Sep 8, 2013
Broll and Leivo are probably the most likely Marlies to not look out of place. Broll knows exactly what he has to do to play in the pros: hit. Leivo has the build and style of a future NHL power forward type. Both are still a bit raw.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Ok so lets see.....

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Raymond - Bolland - Lupul
Leivo - Kadri - Bodie
Broll - McClement - Orr

nah...

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri- Leivo
Raymond- Bolland - Bodie
Broll - McClement - Orr

maybe....

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Raymond- Kadri- Lupul
McClement - Bolland - Bodie
Leivo - -------- - Orr
and 7 Ds

i like this last one

Did you watch yesterday's game? Ashton had an assist and was one of the few noticeable players for Toronto. Easily his best game as a pro.

Rob11

Nov 9, 2012
someone explain to me the love affair you all have with jerry d'amigo. The coaching staff certainly has never shared the same.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
someone explain to me the love affair you all have with jerry d'amigo. The coaching staff certainly has never shared the same.

I don't see much in him myself. We have soft small forwards already in Mason and Meclement, Kadri. Especially if he's in bottom 6

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
Ok so lets see.....

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Raymond - Bolland - Lupul
Leivo - Kadri - Bodie
Broll - McClement - Orr

nah...

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri- Leivo
Raymond- Bolland - Bodie
Broll - McClement - Orr

maybe....

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Raymond- Kadri- Lupul
McClement - Bolland - Bodie
Leivo - -------- - Orr
and 7 Ds

i like this last one

My preference is closest to your second. Just juggle the Cs around

JVR Kadri Kessel
Lupul Bolland Raymond
Leivo Bozak Ashton
Broll McClement Orr

Let Bodie sit for a game, I'm really sick of him.

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
I don't see much in him myself. We have soft small forwards already in Mason and Meclement, Kadri. Especially if he's in bottom 6

D'Amigo isn't soft.

Kadri while small, hits like a tank when given the opportunity.

McClement isn't small.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Ranger should take a seat for a game. Get some extra practice in, and watch the game from above.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Won't Brennan have to clear waivers again if he gets demoted?? Interesting... Maybe Fraser's injury is worse than we thought?

Good call-ups .. Glad to see the kids who are playing well are earning a shot with the big club amidst the injuries the Leafs are having

Anyways, I think:

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Bolland - Raymond
Ashton/Bodie - Kadri - Leivo
Orr - McClement - Bodie/Broll/Ashton

Phaneuf - Gunnarson
Rielly - Franson
Gardiner - Brennan

Our defense is definitely missing some physicality and toughness without Fraser .. But Gardiner is done a decent job at the PK since he went down

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I thought Leivo and Broll should have got the call before Abbott and Devane in the first place. Leivo and Broll were the much more impressive players in camp IMO, and look like they might be able to take a regular NHL shift right now.

The Brennan call up is interesting. Another offensive dman. I'm guessing he won't play, though, and that htey just wanted an extra dman for the road trip, and decided to reward the guy for his great first week.

I LOVE that they called up another offensive dman, though, instead of a plug like Holzer or MacWilliam or Granberg. Randy is making me happy this year.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
I thought Leivo and Broll should have got the call before Abbott and Devane in the first place. Leivo and Broll were the much more impressive players in camp IMO, and look like they might be able to take a regular NHL shift right now.

The Brennan call up is interesting. Another offensive dman. I'm guessing he won't play, though, and that htey just wanted an extra dman for the road trip, and decided to reward the guy for his great first week.

I LOVE that they called up another offensive dman, though, instead of a plug like Holzer or MacWilliam or Granberg. Randy is making me happy this year.

I think Carlyle is looking for puck movers. Our problem is the same as last year, we can't get the puck out and we get hemmed in.

I'll take anything over Rangers right now

LEAFSIN4

Jan 14, 2013
It's nice to see Brennan get rewarded but he's another non-Carlyle type player. Offensively minded defenseman.

I don't buy this whole "Carlyle-type" player bs

We have one of the fastest teams in the league and have been one of the worst teams in the league when it comes to giveaways since he took over.

Our defensive core also led (or was near the top) in points last season.

This is an offensive team. Carlyle's system has changed to a uptempo style of play beating teams with our speed, while keeping the hitting/intensity up all game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad